Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Being Disarmed Is Really Stupid, Without Even Explaining It.

Mkilbride

So I want to get some Gallium, going Tyl Regor. I see these new dogs, kinda stupid looking, given Grineer have immense distaste for dogs, but again, change the lore.

Speeding through the mission when bam, my primary weapon is just gone. Cannot figureo tu what happened, I twirl around, try switching to melee and back. Then my Pistol is gone. Falls over the side as another dog hits me.

Seriously, this is majorly game-chjanging, but it was brushed over in the update, and it just adds more frustration, not difficulty.  So we got ARCS, Energy gates, Scorpions, and now these, which disarm you. It's like the game is trying to make you not want to play.  I ran into a little group of 3 Arcs sitting in a row, a few Grineer heavies and like six dogs. I also ran into an energy gate that had nothing to destroy on the side I was on, I tried everything. Had to go through it. A bug, maybe.

All around just disappointing stuff. You made so many other things less frustrating with this update, then go and pull that...

I think it's a very silly addition to such a fast-paced game. You suddenly have to realize what happened, wade through piles of enemies, and go pick up your weapon. I'd honestly rather have the attack do a knockdown, just because I don't need to break my funky flow to recover.

I have no doubt that bugs can be fixed, and the system can be made flawless so that you can always get your weapon back, but I don't feel very confident that it will be fun even if that happens.

I'm waiting for the majority of responses to defend this mechanic as challenge...

Seriously, if you have to take away player agency in any form as a game mechanic and not a narrative mechanic, you have made it frustrating and not challenging. This is why enemies knocking us down, us having to weaken our equipment for 'tactical alerts, and this weapon stealing are taking away from the game and not adding to it. Challenge and reward us for playing, don't punish us.

i dont really get the arguement for it either way, remember when people complained about the commander grineer swapping spots with you and that that was jarring? Now the grineer have a guy that can disarm you, and there is a marker for your weapon so its not like you cant find it, think its only as jarring as the swapping in my opinion.  Doesnt really bother me either way.

I do think its funny tho, next thing you know the grineer will have a decoy ability or invisibility.....LOKI MUST BE ONE OF THE GRINEER QUEENS!

Question: Is there anything to avoid this when you know it's going to happen? I'm fine with knockdowns, since shockwave moas have an expanding orange circle, and heavy gunners have to play through an animation, so if you're quick enough you can avoid these. Is it possible to dodge the flying mace or shoot it out of the air? Also, what happens if you're only equipped with one weapon?

Imo this isn't even about adding challenge to a fight, it's about avoiding the fight entirely. It reminds me of Skyrim, when you're about to fight one of those ancient bosses and they disarm you with a shout, sending your sword flying around the room. It doesn't add anything to the fight other than two or three minutes for you to jump around and pick up your sword again so you can actually begin the fight.

On top of this, you have the fact that other people can steal your weapon, and the very high chance of your weapon sinking through the ground/being thrown to an unreachable place.

Question: Is there anything to avoid this when you know it's going to happen? I'm fine with knockdowns, since shockwave moas have an expanding orange circle, and heavy gunners have to play through an animation, so if you're quick enough you can avoid these. Is it possible to dodge the flying mace or shoot it out of the air? Also, what happens if you're only equipped with one weapon?

Imo this isn't even about adding challenge to a fight, it's about avoiding the fight entirely. It reminds me of Skyrim, when you're about to fight one of those ancient bosses and they disarm you with a shout, sending your sword flying around the room. It doesn't add anything to the fight other than two or three minutes for you to jump around and pick up your sword again so you can actually begin the fight.

On top of this, you have the fact that other people can steal your weapon, and the very high chance of your weapon sinking through the ground/being thrown to an unreachable place.

He takes his time to throw the mace and yes you can dodge it also he has really bad aim ( a lot of time i was just still in front and he was missing A LOT) so if you primary got stolen is you own faul for no keep moving.

Also he can only steal primary weapons,

Edited by Dasmir

Or maybe, just maybe, they're trying to tell you that rushing through missions at sonic speed pace has hazards that you better be prepared for.

He takes his time to throw the mace and yes you can dodge it also he has really bad aim ( a lot of time i was just still in front and he was missing A LOT) so if you primary got stolen is you own faul for no keep moving.

Also he can only steal primary weapons,

This is wrong. He can steal secondary weapons as well.
Edited by Psychus

Problem with that Skyrim hypothesis is Warframe usually doesn't give you the option of avoiding a fight. Exterminate: Kill all enemies, Defense: kill all enemies in the wave, Mobile Defense: Kill enemies attempting to destroy the defense point, Excavation: kill enemies attempting to destroy the extractor. Even when the objective does not revolve around killing, the tight corridors and constricting, one path direction forces you to fight anything you can't outrun, or risk dying. Literally, if the argument is "Use Evasion," it usually doesn't apply to most of Warframe. Hek, even the Stormtrooper-esque aim most enemies used to have just got improved significantly, making dodging somewhat trickier.

Therefore, even if the idea is to avoid the fight, it is a mechanic misplaced in Warframe.

Edited by Krion112

Problem with that Skyrim hypothesis is Warframe usually doesn't give you the option of avoiding a fight. Exterminate: Kill all enemies, Defense: kill all enemies in the wave, Mobile Defense: Kill enemies attempting to destroy the defense point, Excavation: kill enemies attempting to destroy the extractor. Even when the objective does not revolve around killing, the tight corridors and constricting, one path direction forces you to fight anything you can't outrun, or risk dying. Literally, if the argument is "Use Evasion," it doesn't apply to most of Warframe. Heck, even the Stormtrooper-esque aim most enemies used to have just got improved significantly, making dodging somewhat trickier.

Therefore, even if the idea is to avoid the fight, it is a mechanic misplaced in Warframe.

I think I didn't use the right words to express what I meant, I guess I should have said it was more like delaying the fight. It doesn't really add an extra challenge (since I assume most people would have an equally capable secondary and melee), and even if they become completely disarmed, they still have their abilities. It just adds more time and annoyance to the fight where you have to pause what you're doing for a second and hunt down your gun.

Overall, I don't think it's something most players are going to react to by going "Oh, my gun is missing, I better retreat and think up a new tactic with my squad to take down that unit and get my gun back when it's over", it's more "Oh dammit, got disarmed *rolls eyes as they run over to it and pick it up* "

I'm also still willing to bet that a large number of times this happens, the gun will glitch through the ground or be thrown to an unreachable place.

Friends Boltor was dropped, he managed to pick it up; it was suddenly unranked and unmodded instead of 30 and fully modded

I've also heard of people grabbing other peoples' unranked weapons and gaining mastery for a gun they've never used. Maybe it could be used as an incredibly roundabout way to gain affinity for event/founder weapons before it gets patched? :P

Eh, I'm fine with it. It just means a target to shoot first. As of U15, it's an Opticor beam to the face.

But really:

The Drahk Master has a distinctive profile and animation that makes it stand out from the other Grineer, making them my immediate targets if I see them. When dealing with drahk masters, never stand still, strafe! His Halikar will not home on you and has travel time.

Now... I don't like how the Halikar brings your stolen weapon to its owner, shouldn't it just knock it out of your hands? A "magnetic" reacquisition within a radius would be nice too, instead of pressing [x] to pick my weapon back up, would fix that "muh weapon fell into place I can't get to" problem.

It feels like the way it delivers your weapon leaves a lot of room for bugs; had a mission where a drahk master put my (primary! Secondary!) weapons in an unreachable location (inside a wall)... Which lead to a lot of fun in beating down the rest of the Grineer (BLEEDPROCSALLTHETIME!) in the area with my barely modded Prova Vandal, violent void channeled beatings ensued.

Edited by DSMK2

I was just standing there in with my unique red/black rhino prime then suddenly i lost my 6 formaed boltroprime no worries i thought still got my formaed marelok but it disappeared too.... how do we play this game from now on i did not have a chance against those lvl 10 grinners they just massacred me :(:(:(:(:(

I think it's a very silly addition to such a fast-paced game. You suddenly have to realize what happened, wade through piles of enemies, and go pick up your weapon. I'd honestly rather have the attack do a knockdown, just because I don't need to break my funky flow to recover.

I have no doubt that bugs can be fixed, and the system can be made flawless so that you can always get your weapon back, but I don't feel very confident that it will be fun even if that happens.

i'm pretty sure if this mechanic stays that it's going to haunt us  players  forever  and even when they fix it it will come back ,  like so many bugs that that continue to haunt   since update 7 

I was just standing there in with my unique red/black rhino prime then suddenly i lost my 6 formaed boltroprime no worries i thought still got my formaed marelok but it disappeared too.... how do we play this game from now on i did not have a chance against those lvl 10 grinners they just massacred me :(:(:(:(:(

^^ made my Day^^

+1