Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Propulsion System?

.Talia.

I know it's a game and it's space magic and we don't have to explain S#&$. But what if it was real, what do you think is the propulsion technology used on Archwings?

On the Liset we can clearly see some kind of blue energy coming out of its thrusters. But Archwings don't have any kind of visible propulsion system, just some lights that turns on when you press shift, there is no particle or energy trail, it's not jet, it's not rocket...

So maybe it's some kind of magnetic sailing propulsion. A magnetic sail is a proposed method of spacecraft propulsion which would use a static magnetic field to deflect charged particles radiated by the Sun as a plasma wind, and thus impart momentum to accelerate the spacecraft on very high velocities.

solar sails, magnetic sails, and Electro Magnetic Propulsion all sound very unlikely to me due to their poor expected acceleration, but like a sailing ship in water, fantastically low cost and reliable.

since Archwings can accelerate quickly for their size, it has to be something less efficient. unfortunately we don't have any propulsion systems that are efficient and also have high impulse. since high impulse is critical for 'space dogfights', it isn't something efficient then.

My only real guess since there's no actual fire or anything is that it's pushing out air or something. It's supposed to also be your Oxygen source after all

hmm. gaseous propulsion could theoretically have high impulse, and it's definitely inefficient enough. plausible i suppose.

Internal self-contained fusion engine? That would explain the Archwing not have a trail and only lighting up, as a self contained, self sustaining fusion reactor wouldn't have a particle trail, but would cause intense amounts of heat, hence the light from the back end of the Archwing, plus the frigidity of space of itself would be enough to keep the engine cool enough to keep from overloading/heating.

Considering I've not been able to test and see it myself yet, I'd have to say the goal was to make it look like an ion thruster. Just boosted by space magic(orokin tech) to be more effective at propelling your space ninja through space at whatever absurd speed archwings are clocking in at.