Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates-Relationships, Reputation, And Sigils Feedback

APBladeX

Syndicate Relationships

280px-SyndicateRelationship.jpg

This is a diagram representing the syndicate's relationships with each other. As it is currently, reputation is a huge grindfest to support your chosen syndicate(s), and then it repeats itself over and over and over and over for each and every syndicate, and additional grinding for other rewards. Not to mention the fact that you lose all of your positive reputation once you rank up in that syndicate.

So, Cephalon Suda and Arbiters of Hexis are allies. How exactly? Wouldn't it make more sense if the Perrin Sequence and Cephalon Suda were allies? 

Red Veil and Steel Meridian as allies? The Red Veil is all about liberating the system through a violent purge of the corruption. Steel Meridian seems like the overlord/protectors of the remaining colonies, that can end up corrupted easily. It would make more sense if the Red Veil and Arbiters of Hexis were allies, seeing as how they both are in favor of the Tenno (past Red Veil support, Arbiters of Hexis honoring the Tenno). 

Steel Meridian and New Loka should be allies. They are both about restoring balance through the protection and revival of their ideals of a renewed human race, and that takes form in the remaining colonies Steel Meridian protects. 

Here's a crude representation of what I would change:

MKNzo09.png

If that's the most terrible thing you've ever seen as a visual reputation, here is the text version:

Red Veil

Allied: Arbiters of Hexis

Opposed: Steel Meridian and Cephalon Suda

Hostile: Perrin Sequence

New Loka

Allied: Steel Meridian

Opposed: Perrin Sequence and Red Veil

Hostile: Cephalon Suda

Steel Meridian

Allied: New Loka

Opposed: Perrin Sequence and Red Veil

Hostile: Arbiters of Hexis

Perrin Sequence

Allied: Cephalon Suda

Opposed: New Loka and Steel Meridian

Hostile: Red Veil

Cephalon Suda

Allied: Perrin Sequence

Opposed: Arbiters of Hexis and Red Veil

Hostile: New Loka

Arbiters of Hexis

Allied: Red Veil

Opposed: Cephalon Suda and Perrin Sequence

Hostile: Steel Meridian

Reputation and Sigils

Reputation should be earned in the following ways:

1. Syndicate alerts

-inclusion/immersion into the syndicate

-bonus reputation for the supported syndicate

2. Syndicate quests

-more lore

-feeling of progression

-more quests

-huge bonus of reputation for the supported syndicate

-quests are issued by the syndicate leaders at the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th rank +

3. Syndicate missions (assassination, capture, sabotage, deception, spy, exterminate, interception, hijack)

-more mission nodes on the star chart

-new planets/satellites?

4. Syndicate sigils (can wear 2 at a time if the syndicates are allied)

-show off your favored syndicates

-bonus reputation in regular missions

-bonus reputation for wearing both syndicate's sigils that are allied

5. Syndicate achievements

-presents challenges/goals

-more achievements

6. Ranking up should not deplete your reputation with the syndicate

-eliminates the frustration seen when you rank up and lose all of your reputation

Notes

NOTE 1: Yes, this may require compensation for the reputation and a reset of all reputation earned by players. However, this could be solved by letting us contribute the positive amounts into a chosen syndicate, while also refunding the sacrificial initiation resources/credits.

NOTE 2: Added a better visual representation (still pretty bad)

EDIT 1: Added spoilers and minor details

Edited by APBladeX

It'll be a lot nicer when Syndicates get more fleshed out. I'll agree they seem like a waste of time, but it's not that bad.

I really do think they should have spent more time on the relationships though. It's silly that SM who wants to defend everyone loves the RV who wants to kill anyone.

Your suggestion for changes in relationships isn't symmetrical, though. Perrin has 3 opposed factions, while the others all have 2.

Why would you get a bonus for wearing two? The point is to be more of a cosmetic, and that would essentially force players to sigil up a certain way for best results.

I agree that it's really grindy, and losing all your rep to rank up is silly. In fact, I think that spending rep in the first place is silly.

I'm sure more quests are on their way. I'm amazed they launched Syndicates with as much content as they did, frankly.

Your suggestion for changes in relationships isn't symmetrical, though. Perrin has 3 opposed factions, while the others all have 2.

Why would you get a bonus for wearing two? The point is to be more of a cosmetic, and that would essentially force players to sigil up a certain way for best results.

I agree that it's really grindy, and losing all your rep to rank up is silly. In fact, I think that spending rep in the first place is silly.

I'm sure more quests are on their way. I'm amazed they launched Syndicates with as much content as they did, frankly.

I always seem to mess up somewhere. As I said before, a very crude representation. Change things accordingly. There are the syndicate specters and hunter squads, though?

I disagree with your thoughts on who should be allied with who.

Steel Meridian are actively protecting colonies and, thus, fighting the grineer and corpus in a losing battle. Because of this, I certainly see the Red Veil viewing them favorably, because they're out there fighting corruption and protecting the pure and innocent.

Meanwhile, New Loka are solely concerned with Earth and humanity, which is focused but conservative. It ignores the plight of colonists and brings up the issue of who the Grineer count as. Because of that, I would think Steel Meridan has no small contempt for them.

Red Veil favors those who fight corruption, Steel Meridian favors those who fight to protect the innocent. Their goals are closely entwined, in the end. Plus, Red Veil are humans, whereas Hexis seems to be Tenno.

However

Really like a lot of your suggestions, and it's given me an idea.

What if we get lore-based events, where the factions begin to have disagreements, and the Tenno can support one side or another for bonus standing and rewards...

And in the conclusion of these events, who each faction is allied with might actually change, making the whole alliance system extremely fluid in practice/

Edited by Varzy

I disagree with your thoughts on who should be allied with who.

Steel Meridian are actively protecting colonies and, thus, fighting the grineer and corpus in a losing battle. Because of this, I certainly see the Red Veil viewing them favorably, because they're out there fighting corruption and protecting the pure and innocent.

Meanwhile, New Loka are solely concerned with Earth and humanity, which is focused but conservative. It ignores the plight of colonists and brings up the issue of who the Grineer count as. Because of that, I would think Steel Meridan has no small contempt for them.

However

Really like a lot of your suggestions, and it's given me an idea.

What if we get lore-based events, where the factions begin to have disagreements, and the Tenno can support one side or another for bonus standing and rewards...

And in the conclusion of these events, who each faction is allied with might actually change, making the whole alliance system extremely fluid in practice/

The Steel Meridian syndicate is led by a rogue Grineer general. Thus, we can assume they devalue the Grineer same as the New Loka. They protect the colonies, New Loka seeks to create the colonies and restore Earth. 

The Steel Meridian syndicate is led by a rogue Grineer general. Thus, we can assume they devalue the Grineer same as the New Loka. They protect the colonies, New Loka seeks to create the colonies and restore Earth. 

New Loka want a pure humanity, and grineer are anything but pure. Steel Meridian might be against Grineer domination but they certainly wouldn't cast aside Grineer who defect and want to stand for what's right.

I want to believe the best from New Loka, but they risk becoming puritans and racists, just like the Red Veil risk becoming bloody extremists.