Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finnally Got A New Puncture Melee Weapon Aaaaand It's A Blunt Hammer........ten Outta Tehn !

Batwing

Halikar, seriously i don't care what faction it's from or the lore (seems like most designs don't care that much about lore anyway) it's a hammer ! Maybe if it had spikes sure but it's a blunt  curved hammer with just about no pointed edges anywhere.

Seriously didn't we have a load of threads asking for a throwing hammer ? But it was supposed to be impact not puncture hence the hammer part. Maybe a type of straight boomerang throwing spike for a puncture glaive weapon or a giant shuriken with all pointed edges but not a round hammer.

To make some sense can we have it changed to mainly impact ? Or atleast put some spikes on it like a spiked mace or morning star ?

Not raging or anything i was just really surprised seeing it's stats.

Edited by Batwing

A design doesn't have to completely decide the damage type..

We had Glaive for Slash, and Kestrel for Impact. Why not a Tamohawk for the damage type that wrecks armor? Which just happens to be called Puncture.

DE loves to send out weapons that do not do what they should.  I do love my fang prime, but it is a slashing design with no slash lol.

Fang > slashing design > fang > u wot

Not that I wouldn't want Fangs to get a bit of bonus Slash dmg (and Crit chance).

Edited by Flackenstien

Medieval warhammers were actualy puncture weapons.

Unlike sledge hammer inspired examples like the Fragor, a historic warhammer didn't had a head as big as that of the wielder and wasn't designed to hit the enemy like a pile bricks on a stick.

Instead their heads were the same size as those used for captering, around the diameter of 3 to 4 centimeters (exceptions being possible).

The idea was to concentrate a lot of kinetic energy on one point, easily breaking through plate armor and steel helmets. For a similar effect most warhammers actualy had a sharped spike on the backside.

So if you weren't sure the hammer would break through the armor you simply turned it around and used the weight of the flat head to apply more force behind the spike.

Warhammers were usualy on sticks around a length of 60 centimeter to a meter and used from horseback. A rider could use the forward momentum to hit an opponent on horseback height frontaly or swing it down on infantry around him. Unlike lances the advantage of a warhammer was that it could be used in tighter space but for the same armor piercing results.

So bottom line a small headed hammer which is used with a lot of speed being a puncture weapon is perfectly logical. Maybe someone at DE also read up about warhammers or medieval weapons and thought this was a nice touch.

Edited by Othergrunty

Medieval warhammers were actualy puncture weapons.

Unlike sledge hammer inspired examples like the Fragor, a historic warhammer didn't had a head as big as that of the wielder and wasn't designed to hit the enemy like a pile bricks on a stick.

Instead their heads were the same size as those used for captering, around the diameter of 3 to 4 centimeters (exceptions being possible).

The idea was to concentrate a lot of kinetic energy on one point, easily breaking through plate armor and steel helmets. For a similar effect most warhammers actualy had a sharped spike on the backside.

So if you weren't sure the hammer would break through the armor you simply turned it around and used the weight of the flat head to apply more force behind the spike.

Warhammers were usualy on sticks around a length of 60 centimeter to a meter and used from horseback. A rider could use the forward momentum to hit an opponent on horseback height frontaly or swing it down on infantry around him. Unlike lances the advantage of a warhammer was that it could be used in tighter space but for the same armor piercing results.

So bottom line a small headed hammer which is used with a lot of speed being a puncture weapon is perfectly logical. Maybe someone at DE also read up about warhammers or medieval weapons and thought this was a nice touch.

i0jXXVn.png

This.