Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Do I Do Now? (Looking To Go To The Next Stage Of The Game)

VladTheInhaler420

Question

So i've been playing warframe for a few weeks now and am rather enjoying it. I started out playing Excalibur and just recently got nyx to level 30. I've done a few T1 and T2 void runs, but frankly I struggle to stay alive  at anything past that. My question is, how do i advance to the next stage of this game? What do I need to do to to start doing T3 and T4 and derelict missions regularly? I've been trying to get a hold of new weapons and mods, but that's rather difficult to do without access to the upper level game-play. Any advice on how to do this legit or am I going to have to bite the bullet and pay with platinum?

17 answers to this question

There is not need to pay platinum, you just have to focus on really building up your credit and mod and resource base. I suggest looking for friends to help you do Sedna Kappa for some really good gains. Try and get the OP frames as well for void missions. Excal works well but Rhino is a great option for low level voids. Nyx is also a winner because of her Chaos. Ash is also a very good warframe

Modding up properly and getting the right weapons can help with the higher level content. It may take time, but it is really up to you if you want to pay plat. Tagging along with a good team can help.

That's part of the issue I am having, is finding the mods and weapons necessary to get up to those higher level missions. I am in a fairly small but close-knit clan, we're working on getting research done. I'm hoping i can find some good weapons available in the labs later on.

Edit: I don't want to sound like im complaining, i was just wondering if there was something i was missing.

Edited by deathwilldie

Mod Fusion is importent to reach the higher levels of gameplay. Mods with 10 ranks take the longest time. You dont have to use fusion cores all the time, all the extras mods that fill up your collection can be put to use. Sell the ones that you have way too many of, like vacuum for the carrier along with the other commons and use the uncommon ones with matching polarity to the mod you want to rank up. Doing that well save you some fusion cores or make up the for the cores you don't have. Just so you know, using extras will not be as effective but every little bit gets you closer. Hope this helps.

Screenshot your modding loadouts.

Here is what I have: (looks like im not quite at 30 yet with my nyx, but im probably only a few missions away)

Frame: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3ndwyinkbxs7cy/Screenshot%202014-10-26%2001.08.13.png?dl=0

Primary: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6adk4yzfkmopxg/Screenshot%202014-10-26%2001.07.00.png?dl=0

Secondary: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm4balckq2xjstu/Screenshot%202014-10-26%2001.09.40.png?dl=0

Melee: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u59ctfqzi4x02bs/Screenshot%202014-10-26%2001.08.50.png?dl=0

Like i said, i've only been playing a few weeks and still haven't build up a massive stockpile of mods. and the one i do have aren't entirely leveled up yet.

Edited by deathwilldie

For warframes, I recommend getting Redirection and Vitality to around 7/10 - it'll cost a lot of fusion cores, but it'll keep you alive. Vigor (a Nightmare mod) is decent as a replacement if you want to stack on ability stat increases. If you're using Nyx, who I highly recommend, Chaos is your best friend. Use it, then gun them down while they're stunned - or if there's too many, leave them to each other.

For weapons, the mods I recommend are Serration (5-7/10), Split Chamber (drops from Grustrag 3(?) and Ruk on Saturn) and if it's a weapon with 20% crit or higher (optional if it has 15%), then add on Point Strike and Vital Sense. Pistols will need Hornet Strike (5-7/10), Lethal Torrent (Nightmare mod), Barrel Diffusion (rare but excellent for doubling damage) and for crit-focused weapons, add on Pistol Gambit and Target Cracker. Melee should generally use Pressure Point (maxed, since it's rank 5), Spoiled Strike (Corrupted mod - just replace this with an elemental mod for now), Fury and a crit focus means add on Organ Shatter and True Steel.

Frame:

-Natural Talent is not very useful IMO. Replace it with Continuity, if you have it

-Move stretch into the other empty mod slot with no polarity on it

Weapons:

-You're gonna need orokin catalysts to get more capacity for more mods. Keep an eye out for Gift of the Lotus Alerts, since they often have catalysts as a reward

Here is what I have: (looks like im not quite at 30 yet with my nyx, but im probably only a few missions away)

Frame: https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3ndwyinkbxs7cy/Screenshot%202014-10-26%2001.08.13.png?dl=0

Primary: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6adk4yzfkmopxg/Screenshot%202014-10-26%2001.07.00.png?dl=0

Secondary: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cm4balckq2xjstu/Screenshot%202014-10-26%2001.09.40.png?dl=0

Melee: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u59ctfqzi4x02bs/Screenshot%202014-10-26%2001.08.50.png?dl=0

Like i said, i've only been playing a few weeks and still haven't build up a massive stockpile of mods. and the one i do have aren't entirely leveled up yet.

Just wanna' make sure you know how to get the best out of modding so when you do collect more mods over time you can put them to good use.  Here's some advice on top of what's already been posted.

Frame: Good base there, don't bother with Steel Fiber on Nyx because her base armor is so low that the increase is not worth the cost, you can use the points and slot for something else.

Primary: Good that you have Serration on, but also put the elemental damage mods on.  Elemental damage is ALWAYS applied, it does NOT depend on status chance, so putting both the base damage and the elemental damage mods on weapons is pretty much how modding weapons is always done.  The status chance is the chance for the elemental status effects.  Go with ranking up speed trigger, get rid of point strike for now because you'll need the points for speed trigger, serration, and the elemental damage.  Those will boost your base damage up a lot.

Secondary: Same sort of deal, you'll want the elemental damage mods.  Barrel Diffusion is good, but only when added after the weapon already has a high base damage, since all the shots will be the modded ones.

Melee: The meele damage type mods are meh, use elemental ones in their place instead as usual.  Those physical damage mods work differently and are mostly suitable for a few specific builds.

You have a lot of good mods. most of the stuff just needs some levels, especially the base damage boosters.

as a general rule, you want to mod stats that have a high value cuz most mods are percentage increases/decreases.

do you have other aura mods? those +20% hp are not a big boon+it doesnt fit the polarity

intensify>natural talent on almost every frame

steel fiber is worthless on squishys like nyx, 10000% of nothing is still nothing.

for the same reason concentrate on redirection first, as the basevalue of the shield is better than her base hp.

get rhino, he's OP as F***.

shred on a bow is not very helpful as they have an innate punchthrough, and the attackspeed(which is secondary as well) comes cheaper with speed trigger. lvl serration, there are few mods that give more bang for your buck.

critboosters are good on bows.

you have thunderbolt down there, use it.

maybe get a 2nd weapon with a more balanced dmg. this bow is awesome vs corpus but propably a pain vs grineer. same with paris vise versa

letal torrent, barrel diffusion and hornet strike are pretty much all there is to say about secondarys, gg

lvl hornet strike first tho.

get rid of reach and the specific physical dmg boosters and use elemental dmg boosters. the elementals are based off the whole base dmg, the puncture/slash/impact ones only work with a part of it.

-> should be easy to test though, simply use the combination of damage boosters that give the biggest overall damage

again, pressure point boosts the base damage. lvl it.

I wouldn't reccomen maxing them, but rank 6-7 is a good idea.  rank 10 takes waaaay too much time and too many cores/credits to be a good idea right now.

well most of these are rank 1-2-3 right now, so upping these should go a long way. along with some of the buildfixes written earlier should make t1->4 available. and from that point on it's grinding for prime gear.

If you have spare void keys, I highly recommend buying Dragon keys in the market. Once you have the dragon keys, craft them in the foundry.

From there, you can join people in doing Orokin Derelict Vault runs, and get some sweet mods for your loadout. You can also sell some of the mods there for platinum, if that's what you're looking for.