Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Map Glitches/traps In Archwing Interception Map

SoulEchelon

Basically, the video says it all.

http://youtu.be/_WpSNugU7Ug

http://youtu.be/_WpSNugU7Ug

This has been the bane of pretty much everyone's existence. This particular large piece of space ship debris traps anyone who gets too close. It's near tower C and I believe B. As you can see, my friend was already stuck. I went closer to get a good look for the recording and, even though I didn't even TOUCH the debris, I got stuck.

We eventually figured out how to escape (Flying upward and to the right and smashing about seems to do the trick eventually) but only a few missions later had me stuck once again within this debris, but in another spot. I don't have video of it, but suffice it to say - I and literally the whole entire squad was stuck in there for good. We almost had to cancel the mission, but the host (who was the only one that could kill the now invisible enemies because of god knows what other glitch) suicided and popped out of the "trap".

No doubt this has been reported already, but now there's video to accompany said report. This needs.....immediate fixing. This, and the invisible enemies problem.

Edit: also I just realized this might be best in one of the Bugs sections. If so, mods please move where appropriate.

Edited by SoulEchelon

yes this is one of a lot of bugs what about enemy that ar invisible and cap even when you know thay ar thar ( thay shote rockedts to you but you dont see tham but thay kill you) or the big red orb when thay ar capping you see the red or but not the capping enemy in the orb even afer you clear it by foring a team energy restore and us 4 skill even than it keep saying conflict at the cap point till you fly arount 200 m away from it and back than all ar gone and you can cap somtime plz DE fix it

Yup. Lots of glitches.But I'm hopeful DE will fix them. They've been doing so thus far. Best we can do is report them.

Problem is that they've been taking their time. I don't see how anyone could've missed this during their testing phases.

There's some other areas on the map which have this problem. I'm hoping DE test all areas.

Edited by Naith

This has been the bane of pretty much everyone's existence. This particular large piece of space ship debris traps anyone who gets too close. It's near tower C and I believe B. As you can see, my friend was already stuck. I went closer to get a good look for the recording and, even though I didn't even TOUCH the debris, I got stuck.

We eventually figured out how to escape (Flying upward and to the right and smashing about seems to do the trick eventually) but only a few missions later had me stuck once again within this debris, but in another spot. I don't have video of it, but suffice it to say - I and literally the whole entire squad was stuck in there for good. We almost had to cancel the mission, but the host (who was the only one that could kill the now invisible enemies because of god knows what other glitch) suicided and popped out of the "trap".

Just as a note, Unlike land interception, Archwing interception appears to be substantially more randomized, so tower-based locations of glitches like this probably isn't all too helpful (at least not without an EE.log).

Caused by weird collision settings on a certain piece of ship debris. Is being fixed right now and should make it into next hotfix.

Also have issues with non-existant enemies. Currently stuck on the end of the Limbo mission and we've got to kill the remaining 4 enemies, we go to their markers and there is nothing there. Everything is dead already.

Just as a note, Unlike land interception, Archwing interception appears to be substantially more randomized, so tower-based locations of glitches like this probably isn't all too helpful (at least not without an EE.log).

That doesn't particularly matter as I think the dev's will be able to work out what ones are the issues. It's always the same pieces of debris regardless of how randomly created the map is. Plus generally a bugged piece of debris usually ends up next to a tower anyways.

Edited by Naith

A few of the giant space rocks have some pretty bad collision as well. Yesterday there was an enemy trapped inside the middle of a huge rock, found a way into the blackness, killed the enemy, then somehow instant death trying to get out. I think i was crushed by the map, essentially.

OP's example is definitely the worst, cause that specific piece of debris tends to be right next to the tower, so its really hard to defend without getting glitched.

Glad to hear its getting fixed though, I'm REALLY looking forward to that next hotfix lol