Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[New Game Mode] Syndicate - Cooperative Pvp Ultimate Ninja Assassination

carnaga

The PvP gameplay presented in this fan concept is more like cooperatively oriented PvP game mode. In this concept no one will be forced to play it. You select this game mode in the same way you select other game modes in Warframe.

Basically the idea is to put a 4vs1 scenario where one player is ultimate ninja and the other four players are members of assassination squad (it could also be 3 vs 1). The lore would focus on syndicates and the conflicts between them. The rewards in this game mode could be the same as in normal missions or exclusively related to PvP gaming that you cannot bring to PvE world (archwing style). The special 'reward' given by the syndicate leader would be a temporary handicap only for the 4vs1 arena.

To caricaturize the gameplay:

• Remember the AvP where 3 player controlled marines hunt the player controlled alien? This time you hunt the Ultimate Ninja.

• For the assassination squad of 3-4 players, the gameplay would be like "hunting a strong boss in an arena".

• For the player who is playing as the ultimate ninja, gameplay would be like "gonna kill some puny insects".

The aim of this concept is to give more variety to Warframe in aspect of PvP. Coop oriented pvp gameplay might or might not be the answer. Remember that this is only a Fan Concept. And you can rest assured: it will never be implemented to Warframe. So I suggest to keep your minds open and think about the potential and possibilities I'm offering.

================================================

THE CONCEPT

The lore of this concept would focus around syndicates, reputation, alliances, sacrifices and consequences.

Scenario 1:

While this game mode is selected you play missions under a syndicate gathering your reputation. When your reputation is high enough and while doing syndicate mission, your screen starts to flicker just in the same way when Zanuka hunter or stalker would appear. Instead of Lotus, one of the fraction boss character (the syndicate you support) would contact you saying "we have a problem. You are hunted by a syndicate XYZ. We need to eliminate them. To thank you for the support you have given, here is XYZ item that makes you stronger against the assassinators. Prepare for a battle." By this I’m meaning a temporary skill / gear / reward for the Arena to boost your character skills/gears and which is only available when you are hunted down.

Scenario 2:

You just select this game mode from the Lisets starmap in the same way as you select other missions. If your reputation is high enough, you can start the gameplay as ultimate ninja. If your reputation is not high enough, you can start the game as assassin. 

Either way as ultimate ninja you would be lead to this cool story driven animation where an opposite syndicate fraction is preparing to hunt (or assassinate you). Next you would be dropped to a vast arena - alone. On the Liset, the players presenting the opposing syndicate would be alerted by the ultimate ninja hunt -mission. If they enter the mission they would be prompted by a cool story driven animation. And would be dropped to same arena where the ultimate ninja player would be.

At this point the assassination squad would be scattered to random starting points - giving to the ultimate ninja an advantage point. To make things more interesting, the assassination squad wouldn't see each other on the minimap, as well as they wouldn't see the ultimate ninja due an electrical interference. But the assassination squad could communicate with each other and rally a gathering point. But this advantage would buy you some precious time for ultimate ninja. And the battle begins.

As a secondary objective you either have to defend, destroy or capture the device which is interfering the minimap. There could be more than one device on the map. This forces the assassination squad and the ultimate ninja to keep on moving and collide each other.

You can make the choice that do you want to play as assassin or as ultimate ninja. The game play for the ultimate ninja should be "god like" experience, where he can hunt down the assassins with his 'temporary' overwhelming power. For the assassination squad the experience should focus on challenging cooperation with your teammates to take down the target.

THE MECHANICS

Conclave rating tells the user about the quality of equipped gear. With Update 15 Digital Eextremes has now introduced a new mechanism: reputation points. Now we have two mechanisms: 1) ranking your gear and 2) ranking your reputation. Reputation points could be easily translated towards your gaming skills.

To get the status of "marked" as the 'ultimate ninja'
• you would need to have X amount of reputation points from PvE
• you would also need to have Y amount of reputation points from PvP

With this we would ensure that the player of the Ultimate Ninja would be experienced in Warframe. 

When establishing the 4vs1 scenario, your Syndicate leader gives you (the ultimate ninja) an overwhelming perk. Let’s put this into other words: the player who is hunted would get an overwhelming handicap to fight equally against 4 players. This perk/reward would be a temporary only for the 4vs1 arena.

HANDICAPS FOR THE ULTIMATE NINJA

• An conclusive syndicate specific overwhelming skill or weapon or gear
• Fast regeneration over time
• X amount of extra Shields and Health
• Boost to your weaponry and skills
• Invulnerability for knockdowns, stuns etc
• Or whatever you could imagine eg use the aspects from Nightmare Mode as a disadvantage for the 4 player assassination squad

BALANCING THE 4vs1 GAMEPLAY

You could balance the gameplay for example with these advantage/disadvantage points:
• 4 player team would have electrical interference on their minimap
• At the beginning they would be scattered to random starting points
• Side objective: destroy the minimap interference device
• 4 player team wouldn't see the target on the minimap
• The ultimate ninja would see the assassinators in the minimap
• Side objective for the ultimate ninja: defend the minimap interference device
• To assassinate the target the 4 player squad would have to coordinate and work together
• Alternatively: they would have X amount in respawn pool (like in Dark Sector Conflicts) to attempt the assassination
• 4 player assassination squad could have an aspect of Nightmare Mode implemented to the gameplay
• etc.

WINNING / LOSING

If you win (ultimate ninja), you get more reputation points (PvP) or something else eg credits or game mode exclusive rewards as with Archwing. If you lose, you would lose eg. reputation points and be lowered from your status of "maked" as ultimate ninja. If the opposing team wins (4 player assassination squad), they would get as-well reputation points and some reward as a team (eg. credits or PvP exclusive content). If they fail the mission – they would lose nothing.

What do you think?

Edit: edited the opening post drastically due misconceptions of "Forced PVP Gameplay" (which isn't the case).

Edited by carnaga

So, basically a forced PvP?

No.

Hell no.

Dark Sectors are already making PvE players not able to have anything to say about eho should take over the node. we don't need to be punished with negative Standing as well.

And NOONE should be EVER forced to do PvP.

It's a bad idea nonetheless. Locking big rep boosts, or really any reward, behind a forced PVP mode isn't a good idea. PVP seriously has very little place in a game like this. It's too much work to balance, without killing all unique features and making it a generic PVP shooter.

Of course you could select do you want to participate PvP in the same way as in Dark Sector conflicts, Conclaves etc.

And opt myself out of getting loads of Standing and some special rewards?

You are basically saying that someone allergic to peanuts should bathe in peanut butter and eat a barrel of pistachios to earn some more money or a new GeForce card...

And opt myself out of getting loads of Standing and some special rewards?

About the rewards, it could be credits or reputation points. Something that you get also from normal missions. Or the reward would be exclusively PvP related.

The reward given by the syndicate leader would be temporary perk or handicap for the 4vs1 scenario.

Edited by carnaga

I understand that should be more clear and more compact. The amount of text I put on OP is huge and no one has time to read it. Of course this leads to misconceptions and misunderstandings. I would love to say "don't comment if your too lazy to read", but I wont. Instead I will admit that fault was mine while being unclear.

So, I'm going to do some changes starting from the topic.

Edit1: Edited the op

Edit2: Did some more changes to the op

Edit3: Hope that now I'm clear enough in the op.

Edited by carnaga

It's a bad idea nonetheless. Locking big rep boosts, or really any reward, behind a forced PVP mode isn't a good idea. PVP seriously has very little place in a game like this. It's too much work to balance, without killing all unique features and making it a generic PVP shooter.

Thank you for you input. And no. This is not a question about Forced PVP. I assumed that when we talk about PvP in warframe it would follow the same rules as DE has put into game. So no. No one is forced to it. And in this concept, the rewards I'm talking about could be the same as in normal missions. eg. credits. Or it could uphold an idea of exclusively PvP oriented rewards that you cannot bring to PvE world.

I edited the opening post to be more clear about this.