Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reputation Points Farming Method Discovered(I Hope)

Sir_Alex_Traffo

So, I've been doing a few tests today regarding reputation points.

Apparently the key is going into a mission with less equipment as possible; I did 3 runs to prove it.

1. Run with Loki on Cerberus until wave 3, with full equipment(3 weapons+sentinel), 4 ppl team, booster on: got 716 points

2. Then we did a run always on Cerberus, until wave 3 with only my primary weapon equipped, 4 ppl team, booster on: got around 2000 points; I was the only one in the team with such a huge amount of points.

3. Then we did a final test, 3 of us with only one primary weapon equipped and booster, the fourth full equipped with no booster; 2 of us 3 had a sentinel, one was just with a weapon.

We went at wave 3 and the ones of use with one weapon equipped had around 2/2,5k points; at wave 4 we were around 2,7/3k, while the fourth one was at 600+chat below:

vD8C0ox.jpg

We ended wave 5 and left, with a medium of 3,5k points for us with only one weapon equipped. The one of us with more points was also the one without the Sentinel. Proof below:

nDu2G4G.jpg

jo3Z8k1.jpg

This definitely makes me say that your equipment is involved in reputation points, which makes sense, to be honest.

Try it out and let me know your results!

Edited by siralextraffo

So we need a Boltor Prime and Loki? Nuff' said.

I noticed you killed the Harvester to get a Detron blueprint. Did that affect anything?

Nah, definitely don't think so!

Just run with a frame you're comfortable to and with your best weapon until you can, possibly with a booster on.

With this method the grinding is still a lot, but much less than I thought; also, I suggest not doing mission where a certain frames combination is required(Sechura with Vaiban+Speed Nova, ie).

For this reason Cerberus is best, and it's also funny!

What this says to me is that the reputation system takes points from the affinity gained during a mission. Basically with less weapons to split the gained affinity between you get more reputation points. Which makes some sense I suppose.

Ok but all the mods cost 975k points.... More then 300 runs of this kind if you count negative reputation, other rewards and so on. 

Let's take 8-10 minutes per run, it's 50-70 hours and more. 

If you have a 4 players team of course. What about all the others?

To be serious, the fact is that it's a grind wall. 

Edited by Latronico

What this says to me is that the reputation system takes points from the affinity gained during a mission. Basically with less weapons to split the gained affinity between you get more reputation points. Which makes some sense I suppose.

This is only true if only the exp the warframe gains is calculated.  If the calculation is based on ALL equipped items exp gain for the mission, then it shouldn't matter.

Which might explain why in solo runs it doesn't really matter if I have three weapons equipped or one, because whatever I kill, half of the exp goes to my killing weapon, the other to the warframe.  In a group setting, however, where others are killing things and we gain a portion of the exp that is split among ALL equipment, the less equipment soaking up that exp, the better.

In which case the formula I've been using is more like warframe exp / 200 = standing gain.  Though if that's the case, the above image suggests the guy's warframe earned 700,000 exp.  Exactly 700,000 at that...  That's either a stroke of luck or there's a cap on the gain per mission.

Ok but all the mods cost 975k points.... More then 300 runs of this kind if you count negative reputation, other rewards and so on. 

Let's take 8-10 minutes per run, it's 50-70 hours and more. 

If you have a 4 players team of course. What about all the others?

To be serious, the fact is that it's a grind wall. 

Better than the theorized 5 years...

The whole point with Syndicates is that you're supposed to show dedication to them. 70 hours definitely seems like dedication to me.

70 hours with booster. That means 140 without, and more then 300 with a normal team, alone and/or with normal gear. Not to count that people could have something else to do instead of farming reputation.  

Does it seem dedication to you yet?

I wouldn't say conclave rating has anything to do with gains.  Generally speaking, if it did, two quick solo runs would show differing results, though one has to be careful about how much exp they earn in both runs.

And for my part, I don't seem to earn more with lower conclave than I do with higher conclave, just the number of weapons I'm carrying when I'm in a team, or when solo, if I complete the bonus exp objective.

70 hours with booster. That means 140 without, and more then 300 with a normal team, alone and/or with normal gear. Not to count that people could have something else to do instead of farming reputation.  

Does it seem dedication to you yet?

My point is, if Standing is too easy to obtain then Syndicates will become useless to you at a really fast pace.

This is only true if only the exp the warframe gains is calculated.  If the calculation is based on ALL equipped items exp gain for the mission, then it shouldn't matter.

Yeah sry I wasnt clear enough, it would make sense if it is only going of the Warframe gained affinity since the sigil is attached to the Warframe.

Yeah sry I wasnt clear enough, it would make sense if it is only going of the Warframe gained affinity since the sigil is attached to the Warframe.

I don't think that's the case. I just did an ODD with my not-yet-maxed Excalibur and got about 90k Affinity, but only 400 standing.