Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reputation Points Farming Method Discovered(I Hope)

Sir_Alex_Traffo

that's weird indeed....apparently there's something we're missing here...

So I tested another run. while staying invisible and almost afk the entire game. I got 2.4k just in 4 rounds instead 6 only contribute 10% of my team's overall damage....logic...

i did a real quick 5 wave sechura test with a rhino and a vauban to see if the whole 'favored frame' thing is true.

both took place on the same level set and i got 58 pts as rhino and 57 pts as vauban. So while this was a pretty quick and dirty test it seems like the favored frames of a syndicate don't receive a reputation bonus.

if it is based of frame xp, have anyone tried out by just killing everything with just frame powers?

The real formula is: Total affinity / 450 = standing.  Round fractions up.

It's not based on frame exp.  Just confirmed this in my own testing.  ALL affinity across weapons and warframe contributes to the standing gain.  The total seems to be divided by 450.  Has taken my total exp gains to within a fraction of a point within standing gain every time.

It's not based on the number of weapons either.  With just a warframe and a single weapon, or a warframe and all three weapons, affinity / 450 = standing was accurate every time.

I have not tested with a sentinel equipped, I was using boosters, and did this testing entirely solo.

When testing this stuff out, it helps to make sure EVERYTHING reports its exp income.    Nearly all the reported "testing" done has the same major flaw - no exact exp gains have been reported.  Everyone's comparing standing gains and trying to figure out why in a group Tenno X is getting more standing than Tenno Y using maxed items, which is a mistake.

It's not based on frame exp.  Just confirmed this in my own testing.  ALL affinity across weapons and warframe contributes to the standing gain.  The total seems to be divided by 450.  Has taken my total exp gains to within a fraction of a point within standing gain every time.

It's not based on the number of weapons either.  With just a warframe and a single weapon, or a warframe and all three weapons, affinity / 450 = standing was accurate every time.

I have not tested with a sentinel equipped, I was using boosters, and did this testing entirely solo.

When testing this stuff out, it helps to make sure EVERYTHING reports its exp income.    Nearly all the reported "testing" done has the same major flaw - no exact exp gains have been reported.  Everyone's comparing standing gains and trying to figure out why in a group Tenno X is getting more standing than Tenno Y using maxed items, which is a mistake.

oh ok thanks. so bottom line is kill more stuff and faster?

Did some testing the day it comes out, thought the formula was like the syndicate counts as another warframe (or equipment, but heard abilities' XP were boosting it, not sure if that true). So getting direct XP from Syndicates' weapon mods (also maybe ability XP) and receiving the shared XP through all equipments equipped, then the amount divided by something.

So would get something along (shared XP+direct XP)/x

x still need to be determined, also if reputation counts as another warframe or equipment in the calculation. Also would need to know if the XP is stolen from other equipped stuff and the warframe like a normal XP share, or not.

Nova30+Dual Ichors26+to30 - 35 waves of T4D = 2123

http://i.imgur.com/aL6aFFt.png

oh ok thanks. so bottom line is kill more stuff and faster?

Pretty much.  Doesn't matter your equipment, the more exp you gain, the better.  The exp calculated is pulled from everything, probably even your sentinel.  The only things I didn't test were shooting Corpus as a steel meridian.  I was using ash During these quests, and Steel Meridian does not favor him.  Though I did use a Hek and another, non favored weapon, and I saw no change in standing gain between the two, so I doubt a favored warframe would provide any benefits.  Coincidentally, I doubt whom we're shooting at matters as well.

Edited by Littleman88

The main problem is that missions don't tell you how much affinity you gain if you're using maxed weapons anymore. But I'll bite.

Here are two T4Ds. One with a full loadout, and one with only a primary. Both 40 waves.

Full loadout ||| Total kills: 2,324 Rep gained: 2,416 (Steel Syndicate sigil used. Shows as 1.6k because my rank capped. -2.4k went to Perrin, Steel Syndicate's opposition)

15016994634_21dbf23866_o.jpg

15635065881_1a80a0b9e8_o.jpg

Primary only ||| Total Kills: 2,376 Rep gained: 4,208 (Steel Syndicate sigil used, Red Veil lists 1.2k because it capped when it ranked up)

15614028926_b1cd2acac4_o.jpg

15635065731_534d0a33f3_o.jpg

That's a huge difference in rep with a very similar number in kills. I don't think the difference in kills would have made that huge of a difference. I also highly doubt that unit composition was that vastly different between the two runs either.

Edited by HolidayPi3

That's a huge difference in rep with a very similar number in kills. I don't think the difference in kills would have made that huge of a difference. I also highly doubt that unit composition was that vastly different between the two runs either.

Wow. That is a huge difference. Thanks for testing. Definitely gonna' try a few runs with only a Primary. Kinda' wish DE gave some more information about reputation gain, but who knows, maybe it's subject to change and they're still fleshing it out.

I did a few interceptions using mag shield polarize to kill the vast majority of the enemies, being it an ability it goes straight to warframe exp.

The kills i make get redirected (in the form of affinity) 50% to warframe and 50% to weapon for everyone else.

After 8 rounds i got +1900 kills, more than twice the 2nd best and 9 to 18 times more than the rest.

I got slightly less rep than them and i'm unable to achieve the score being presented here, i got +2000 after 8 rounds while in the screenshots the player got 3500 after 3 rounds.

I kill more but i get less rep

I do 8 rounds and the topic creator gets more in 3 rounds

Yes i was using only a warframe and a primary

----------------------------

DId a 1 hour t4 survival, got WAY less rep, for something that lasted 1 hour to the point where enemy lvl was 100, it was underwelming to say the least.

All i know so far is that interception is the best way, anything regarding exp doesn't seem reliable for now.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

The main problem is that missions don't tell you how much affinity you gain if you're using maxed weapons anymore. But I'll bite.

Here are two T4Ds. One with a full loadout, and one with only a primary. Both 40 waves.

Full loadout ||| Total kills: 2,324 Rep gained: 2,416 (Steel Syndicate sigil used. Shows as 1.6k because my rank capped. -2.4k went to Perrin, Steel Syndicate's opposition)

15016994634_21dbf23866_o.jpg

15635065881_1a80a0b9e8_o.jpg

Primary only ||| Total Kills: 2,376 Rep gained: 4,208 (Steel Syndicate sigil used, Red Veil lists 1.2k because it capped when it ranked up)

15614028926_b1cd2acac4_o.jpg

15635065731_534d0a33f3_o.jpg

Unfortunately, without seeing actual EXP numbers, this is far from concrete evidence.  Yes, it IS possible one run had more heavy gunners and anti-moas and eximus than the other.  Remember, 1 heavy gunner = 10 cannon fodder.  2324 kills first run vs 2376 kills second run.

Going by calculations, your first run was 1,087,200 exp.  The second 1,893,600.  A difference of 806,400 exp.  Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you the exp worth of any of the units, but if I had to assume heavy gunners are worth 3000 exp with boosters (hell, they're worth nearly 2000 by 30 if I recall,) that's a difference of 269 heavy gunners.  Mind, eximus units also contribute huge amounts of exp, it doesn't necessarily have to be a heavy gunner.  A heavy gunner eximus is a HUGE bucket of exp.  How plausible do you think it is that 10% of the second session's total kills were eximus and heavies/anti-moas?  

If after a dozen runs without a full loadout you show a greater return than a dozen runs with a full load out, you'd have something really harder to dispute, but right now, with only two comparable runs, I can say that there's enough wriggle room in 2300 kills for some seemingly wild exp fluctuation based on RNG blessing one run with more exp buckets than the other.

Really wish there were a stat for total exp gained in a mission.

Edited by Littleman88

Unfortunately, without seeing actual EXP numbers, this is far from concrete evidence.  Yes, it IS possible one run had more heavy gunners and anti-moas and eximus than the other.  Remember, 1 heavy gunner = 10 cannon fodder.  2324 kills first run vs 2376 kills second run.

Going by calculations, your first run was 1,087,200 exp.  The second 1,893,600.  A difference of 806,400 exp.  Off the top of my head, I couldn't tell you the exp worth of any of the units, but if I had to assume heavy gunners are worth 3000 exp with boosters (hell, they're worth nearly 2000 by 30 if I recall,) that's a difference of 269 heavy gunners.  Mind, eximus units also contribute huge amounts of exp, it doesn't necessarily have to be a heavy gunner.  A heavy gunner eximus is a HUGE bucket of exp.  How plausible do you think it is that 10% of the second session's total kills were eximus and heavies/anti-moas?  

If after a dozen runs without a full loadout you show a greater return than a dozen runs with a full load out, you'd have something really harder to dispute, but right now, with only two comparable runs, I can say that there's enough wriggle room in 2300 kills for some seemingly wild exp fluctuation based on RNG blessing one run with more exp buckets than the other.

Really wish there were a stat for total exp gained in a mission.

Far from concrete evidence, yes. Indeed, it IS possible that unit composition created a difference in ~1,000 rep. But I don't think that the two missions could have differed that much. That's a LOT of waves with vastly more heavies. Unlikely. Also, with boosters, Heavy Gunners are worth 1806 by level 32.

How did you come up with your formula? Have you done multiple runs with unranked gear to see total affinity gained, then measured your rep accordingly? Not doubting it, just curious.

As it is, we're not given enough information to really prove that less gear = more rep. Thus, we have to resort to trials.

I would gladly do a dozen runs for testing, but T4 keys are not easy to come by, and most groups (as you've seen in my pictures) struggle to make it there unless I'm pulling most of the weight.

Perhaps you could help in doing some testing with and without gear as well? Preferably in missions that could yield a lot of rep, like a T4D so the difference between runs is noticeable.

Edit: I'm sorry that you have to read this mess, I've edited it like 10 times

Edited by HolidayPi3

Far from concrete evidence, yes. Indeed, it IS possible that unit composition created a difference in ~1,000 rep. But I don't think that the two missions could have differed that much. That's a lot of waves with vastly more heavies. Unlikely.

However as it is, we're not given enough information to really prove this point. Thus, we have to resort to trials.

I would gladly do a dozen runs for testing, but T4 keys are not easy to come by, and most groups (as you've seen in my pictures) struggle to make it there unless I'm pulling most of the weight.

Perhaps you could help in doing some testing with and without gear as well? Preferably in missions that could yield a lot of rep, like a T4D so the difference between runs is noticeable.

Nah, I believe in raw numbers, and particularly hate defense especially.  While seeing that one weapon > multiple weapons after a dozen 41 wave runs of each would be hard to dispute, it's not impossible to dispute - RNG is, by nature, RNG, however seemingly improbable it is for every latron only run to sport 200 more eximus/heavy gunners than every full-deck run.  A hard number of affinity / 450 = standing is only debunkable with hard numbers proving it doesn't add up.  I couldn't ask anyone to walk into a T4D with a sup-par kit though.  Maybe a mid-tier defense.

A few exp buckets variance can make a world of difference.

Edited by Littleman88

Ok but all the mods cost 975k points.... More then 300 runs of this kind if you count negative reputation, other rewards and so on. 

Let's take 8-10 minutes per run, it's 50-70 hours and more. 

If you have a 4 players team of course. What about all the others?

To be serious, the fact is that it's a grind wall. 

I like how it's a definite reward system and not RNG based.

That and it accumulates naturally with everything you do in this game, no matter how little.

Honestly I think it's more likely for me to get at least 2 of the Ability Augments before I can get the Stalker to show up and drop Despair.

Nah, I believe in raw numbers, and particularly hate defense especially.  While seeing that one weapon > multiple weapons after a dozen 41 wave runs of each would be hard to dispute, it's not impossible to dispute - RNG is, by nature, RNG, however seemingly improbable it is for every latron only run to sport 200 more eximus/heavy gunners than every full-deck run.  A hard number of affinity / 450 = standing is only debunkable with hard numbers proving it doesn't add up.  I couldn't ask anyone to walk into a T4D with a sup-par kit though.  Maybe a mid-tier defense.

A few exp buckets variance can make a world of difference.

Assuming that the difference in rep was due to unit variety, (Heavies being worth 1,806 by 32), that's 446 additional heavies to reach 806,000 affinity. Closer to 400 if you take into account level increase over time. That's more than a few exp buckets. I still say it's unlikely, but as you said, additional testing is required.

Edited by HolidayPi3

Ok but all the mods cost 975k points.... More then 300 runs of this kind if you count negative reputation, other rewards and so on. 

Let's take 8-10 minutes per run, it's 50-70 hours and more. 

If you have a 4 players team of course. What about all the others?

To be serious, the fact is that it's a grind wall. 

that's only like 2 days then

granted it will be boring AF