Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Steel Meridian Hate The Perrin Sequence?

Zamio

So, I chose Steel, but was dumbfounded as to why they were enemies with the Perrin Sequence, but friends with the Red Veil. That's like the opposite of what they should be. Perrin would bring in restored wealth to the colonies, which would help both Perrin and Steel. Meanwhile the Red Veil wants to murder everyone who isn't them, so allying with them would lead to Steel's destruction. What gives?

I mean, they're still Grineer...sooo yeah, I suppose their beef doesn't really stop because SM are good guys. They may even feel that PS extorts the less fortunate or something to that effect. Whether that happens is unknown (PS does charge an insane amount for rewards in comparison to other Syndicates though), and do remember the psychosis and general paranoia inherent within the Grineer is a genetic thing, just because SM protects people doesn't mean they're totally clear-minded in this sense.

What doesn't make sense to me is why the "Corpus" syndicates absolutely don't get along with the "Tenno" syndicates.  A Tenno can fudge with the Red Veil and New Loka to kind of rep up four syndicates.  A Tenno can fudge with the Steel Meridian and Sephalon Cuda to kind of rep up four syndicates.  But there's really no way to fudge the Tenno and Corpus themed syndicates without absolutely sacrificing one of the four.

Makes no sense to me either. I'm not saying it's impossible, but with what little we know about each faction, it doesn't make sense.

Maybe they tried to stablish mercantile relations in the beginning, but the Perrin Sequence tried to rip them off. I get the feeling that the leader of Steel Meridian would not like that one bit.

PS: Having names for all the leaders would help A LOT.

Remember, DE hates logic.

Yeah, forgot about that.

They just had to throw in something, didn't they?

Then they should be against New Loka(Because not everyone is human, and only humans are accepted into the New Loka's society) and Red Veil(Because they want to kill the colonists). That would make sense. This however, makes none. I can't accept the excuse of Grineer v Corpus because both are thoroughly against their original groups, the Grineer and Corpus. 

I totally got way too into one part of that sentence, and got lost. So remaking this...

It makes little sense they'd want to ally themselves with the red veil as well. But I suppose they just got the short end of the stick.

Edited by Acaelus

In all honesty though, NONE of the factions should really be friends with the Red Veil if you think about it.

Steel Meridian wants to protect the people, they'd never side with someone who wants to cause a "great and violent purge".

Arbiters of Hexis reject the Tenno as warrior mythology, but that's all the Red Veil considers the Tenno...

Cephalon Suda Abhors destruction, obviously they'd never side with them.

The Perrin Sequence are traders, they want to bring peace to a violent world, obviously they wouldn't do it with MORE violence.

New Loka want to restore pure humanity and repopulate Earth, but if the red veil considers them corrupted they'd wipe them (and their plans) out.

So in all honesty nobody would want to side with the Red Veil, since the majority of them don't actually like violence (go figure).

Exactly. Though I guess DE thought that Red Veil supporters wouldn't like to have 5 syndicates all descending upon them.

The Red Veils seemed much more humble and thankful when we were saving their asses. I'd expect a " thank you", but instead get "We await sacrifice". I regret saving that 100 Red Veil agents, and I really want to burn the syandana I got for helping them.

Pierce the Veil

The Red Veils seemed much more humble and thankful when we were saving their asses. I'd expect a " thank you", but instead get "We await sacrifice". I regret saving that 100 Red Veil agents, and I really want to burn the syandana I got for helping them.

Pierce the Veil

I wanted to destroy the Red Veil as soon as they gave me that crappy syandana. :)

Edited by Rakshal

I was pretty disappointed that there was no further explanation on each Syndicate's alliances in-game. I mean, some of them have obviously clashing motivations, but, just like many of you have already pointed out, many others don't really have any readily noticeable reason to be enemies (or friends!), so having a little bit of text explaining why X is friends/enemies with Y would go a long way.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness

Steel Meridian supports the colonies that are really having it bad because of the war, and even when you make an offering, she talks about helping the people out.

If anything, I think the Perrin Sequence refused to donate to the colonies because they're still greedy Corpus scum. That makes the Grineer of Steel Meridian hate them even more because now they see that the Corpus are all the same greedy milk.

As far as Perrin Sequence wanting prosperity for all, I bet they'd hope to achieve that without sacrificing their own finances.

When it talks about colonies, I think it probably means Steel Meridian are protecting human colonies, and it's just the leader or a minority that are grineer, cos 'the colonies' I always understood to be the last surviving non-corpus human colonies such as where the red evil hostage people came from etc?