Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Does Steel Meridian Hate The Perrin Sequence?

Zamio

I don't see any reason for them to hate eachother to be honest.  They have very similar goals;  both want war to stop,  they just go about it different ways.  

One idea is that the Meridian DOESN'T want to stop war, but have war stay away from the innocent who didn't ask for it.  Meanwhile, the Sequence wants to completely end war by making there be nothing to fight over through a prosperous free trade economy.  Therefore, the Perrin would be opposed to the Meridian's end goal.  Meanwhile Loka hates Meridian because they're racists that don't want anything but humans to exist (at least that's all I can think up.)

It's the difference between selfish help and selfless help. Perrin help others to help themselves, which isn't inherently wrong and is arguably more effective. Steel legion is about utter selfless abandon and therefore have a beef with the 'greedy' sequence.

their entire life philosophy has become opposition to the very idea that they "are merely warriors or tools", which instantly suggests they believe in becoming free thinking, world changing individuals.

Even the line "we will surpass our masters" tells you automatically that they are trying to assume a position of "leadership" over the entire solar system in due time, since their former masters, the "Orokins" were the former rulers of the solar system.

They may not come out and exposition their goals, but it's clearly obvious to me at least that becoming the new leadership of the galaxy is their end game. There is no better reason to enlighten themselves through "distancing themselves" from the Lotus as they currently are, since they "reject the current ways of thinking Tenno as warrors" as their very Dogma, which I believe the Lotus is "biased" on, since she uses them as tools herself. 

I think that is at least why I, and so many others keep coming to that conclusion, it's heavily inferred through everything that they say about "why" they seek enlightenment, or why they even exist as a "syndicate" as opposed to calling themselves "monks". If anything, they are more like Zealots, fighting for what they feel is their "Destiny" rather then simply meditating on it. If not they wouldn't have formed a Syndicate and asked Tenno to help them.

Not necessarily,  the world doesn't just have up and down.  Surpass doesn't necessarily mean do the same thing- just better, it means improve upon or go past something as a whole.  Perhaps Hexis doesn't want to rule over subjects like their masters did;  after all, why WOULD they?  The Tenno slaughtered toe Orokin leaders for a reason, why would we want to follow in their footsteps?  I think Hexis actually just wants to better itself through free thought and other meditation rather than being mere space ninja pirates.

It is obvious:

The Arbiters simply want the Tenno to surpass the restrictions imposed upon them by their former Orokin masters. To achieve their ultimate potential. That means abandoning and going beyond the current warrior culture upheld by the current era Tenno/The Lotus which is very much a carry-over from the Orokin era.

It has nothing to do with conquering the galaxy or anything stupid like that. Think of them as an hardcore order of martial arts monks bent on achieving perfection in form and function.

Edited by Brimir

It is obvious:

The Arbiters simply want the Tenno to surpass the restrictions imposed upon them by their former Orokin masters. To achieve their ultimate potential. That means abandoning and going beyond the current warrior culture upheld by the current era Tenno/The Lotus which is very much a carry-over from the Orokin era.

It has nothing to do with conquering the galaxy or anything stupid like that. Think of them as an hardcore order of martial arts monks bent on achieving perfection in form and function.

Exactly!  People are reading into the "surpass" thing wrong.