Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ground Slam

Llyssa

Can we please have an easy way to perform ground slams? It is currently impractical with most weapons, and impossible with others(the kronen appears to have no ground slam at all now).

This was a rather integral part of melee combat, and while I appreciate the directional aerial attacks, I've gotten quite used to being able to leverage groundslams for tactical reasons. It is quite unsettling losing access to such an important mechanic.

They seem easier to do then when U15 was initially released (don't know if they made a change with one of the hotfixes) but I agree that having to look down just to do a slam attack can be awkward. Perhaps holding down the melee button while airborne should perform the slam attack instead.

Not sure if anyone has told you the new mechanic for performing ground slams, but it's extremely easy.

Either tap AND hold 'E' (insert your preferred melee assigned button) and you will do both air and then ground slam attacks.

OR look down while jumping and again press your melee button to do ONLY a ground slam.

I love the new setup... Makes heavy weapons very viable for closing gaps too.

Hope that helps.

Not sure if anyone has told you the new mechanic for performing ground slams, but it's extremely easy.

Either tap AND hold 'E' (insert your preferred melee assigned button) and you will do both air and then ground slam attacks.

OR look down while jumping and again press your melee button to do ONLY a ground slam.

Hope that helps.

I've tried both. Neither is reliable. And neither works on the kronen at all.

Hope that helps.

Nice, thanks for the tips,especially the first one!

I agree with the OP...

Having to look down just to slam completely destroyed my style of melee. I do not like having to lose sight of the environment just to look down to slam my melee weapon. It greatly reduces my ability to split-second plan my next move because I can no longer see the targets. Holding down my melee button doesn't solve the issue either. The "boosting forward" animation still happens no matter how long I hold that button.

Suggestion:

Move the boosting feature to a different button or make it a toggled behavior to please both styles of play.

Edited by Drolzat