Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Eye Strain

TangyBlueBerry

Don't know where I should post this so I'm putting it here. Move where it would fit best if needed.

When dashing forward in archwing the screen gets very blurry and starts to tremble around. Now each one of these individually isn't a huge deal for most, but for my someone who has eye sight issues like me, this causes a huge strain in my vision. It become very hard for me to maintain attention to anything while performing this action and even a second or 2 after. I'm unable to play on normal monitors so when I play it is on a 32 inch flatscreen. I would rather turn of the screen shaking if possible to lessen the blow of this on me and many other plays who may experience motion sickness.

The screen shakes all the time. Even idling of the Liset the screen shakes. When you are hovering in SPACE in your AW the screen shakes slightly, but low and behold it STOPS if you zoom in with your gun.

My brain picks it up all the time. I'm considering getting a program to just make my windows desktop shake all the time just to train my brain to get used it. Or it will possibly kill me. Time will tell.

Seriously DE, if you are reading this, how much Plat do you want to turn the damn thing off. I'm at the end of the rope here. I have to take breaks between AW missions as my eyes get really sore as they are automatically trying to focus ALL the time.

Edited by DSpite

I agree with this; before it's been bearable but in space, you are moving a lot slower visually because the environments are so scaled up. It's very annoying, so a simple "shake screen" option to disable this type of effect would be most welcome.

Glad to see I'm not the only one. Just as someone said I need breaks in between AW missions or I'll simply loose all possible focus for moments of time. I have played games with so much screen shake I can't even tell where I'm going, what's in front of me, if I'm even looking up, down, left, or right. Just like that "sway" a lot of first person shoppers like to implement while running.

I never have problems with eyestrain playing games, but the Archwing screen shaking gives me a headache after like three missions.

Having the entire screen moving all over the place like that makes it impossible to focus your eyes on anything properly. So you either end up darting your eyes all over the screen to find something to focus on, or you constantly move your eyes with an object you are trying to focus on. Either way, it becomes painful after doing it for long enough.

Part of the problem is the way the shaking is done. It is as if your point of view (your head) is sitting still, but it is constantly rotating. If you were to do this in real life, you automatically compensate by either snapping your eyes from point to point, or by focusing on one point as you rotate your head, but you cannot do that in game.

There need to be a stationary point of focus while the screen shakes. Making the HUD, and especially the crosshairs, stay still while the rest of the screen moves would probably help most people. But decreasing the amount the screen shakes, or even better adding a slider so that people can choose how much it moves, would be a good idea too.

Another way to fix the problem would be to change how the screen shakes. As I said, right now it is as if your point of view is stationary and rotating. But if it were changed so that your point of view was moving, but always focused on one point, that would probably be much better. This would keep the center of the screen stationary and give you an easy point to focus on.