Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need More Freedom To Talk About Controversial Topics On Warframe Forums

REDHOOOD

Hey all,

Some of you might remember me for making such threads as "enough is enough" (deleted) and the "Call to Arms" threads. Others might know me because I am that loud advocate for the change of the current ownership of many nodes in dark sectors, which I frequently recruit tennos to fight in: record 4214 kills and 552 deaths. Today, I am going to speak up about a communication problem in Warframe forums.

The truth is, despite all my efforts, we are still losing control of all DS nodes. The current occupants of all the nodes are align and their numbers of allied clans are expanding - seen through the number of blocking rails - and my list of targets has increased 2 times since the creation of my first thread. In my opinion, this is because of two problems: 1) people are unaware and uninformed, or 2) You can't beat them, join them. 

Based on my experience PuGing and the amount of people messaging me for details/evidence, I am inclined to believe "possibility 1" is the underlying problem. Moreover, many tennos I have spoke to following DS PvP conflicts think taxes of 40-50% are the norm - It's not. The most informed players are actually PvE-ers (in my opinion); but have little interest in fighting. What we need is  a platform to freely communicate, what we feel is  wrong; and, how this can change - even if we have to list those we feel are responsible. 

Solutions that I suggest are the following:

1) Forum moderators giving us more leeway to talk about the aforementioned ideas (most ineffective) 

2) A new section in forums (e.g. DS Politcs) to talk about the state of Dark sectors politics, and upcoming PvP events (Most effective)

As a community, I believe we are filled with good intentions: alliance members that give away their 8/10 serration to noob who accidentally transfused its own, the sharing of Rare mods, etc - really motivates me to immerse myself within this family, which is why I am taking this risk to post this thread. This is also by no means meant to target Forum moderators - I understand they are doing their job. The goal of this post is to assess the state of the communication controversial ideas and opinions, and then offer solutions. 

Red

Edit: Another reason why I feel Solution 2 is best; it can help rally clans to take nodes on the PS4 XB1 network. I remember reading somewhere that rails in PS4 XB1were nerfed to 75% health to help the smaller population of players overcome an alliance that was taxing a node 100%.  

Thank you 

(PS4)jwernecke 

for correcting me. 

Edited by REDHOOOD

Who cares? No really, at the end of the day, who really cares? Does it really matter?

People will still go to their favorite DS nodes to level things up, regardless of who owns it (and often regardless of the tax).

I see a lot of people who $#*(@ and whine on the forums about credit taxes. :)

To OP, sounds like an interesting idea to have a dark sector politics section of the forums.

Edited by Rakshal

yup it seems like the mods have some kinda script that tells em when something negative gettings posted.....

I had a post deleted yesterday,wasnt nasty (admittedly it wasnt super helpful or constructive) but it was my honest opinion of the state of the farm right now,and these crazy idiotic frames...top hats anyone??? But I know you want constructive but sometimes I jsut dont have the time too fanny about with a pro's and con's,and this power does blah post.....

Who cares? No really, at the end of the day, who really cares? Does it really matter?

People will still go to their favorite DS nodes to level things up, regardless of who owns it (and often regardless of the tax).

But understand Vargras...That is exactly his point. Just like in politics, you either care or don't care, but at least you get to voice it. He's a Democrat and you're a Republican. He doesn't speak for the majority that does care and you don't speak for the majority that can care less.

Because credits are so hard to come by...

If you don't want to feed the big alliances, don't run the dark sectors.  Anyone sane and not completely full of themselves would realize dark sectors aren't really the place to farm credits, and really, don't give a $#!% if they're feeding someone else the credits they do earn.

But understand Vargras...That is exactly his point. Just like in politics, you either care or don't care, but at least you get to voice it. He's a Democrat and you're a Republican. He doesn't speak for the majority that does care and you don't speak for the majority that can care less.

Thank you.

Because credits are so hard to come by...

If you don't want to feed the big alliances, don't run the dark sectors.  Anyone sane and not completely full of themselves would realize dark sectors aren't really the place to farm credits, and really, don't give a $#!% if they're feeding someone else the credits they do earn.

Perhaps easy for you. But littleman88, you are forgetting about the "Little guys" who are doing runs with Bratons and are starving for cash. This is bigger than me and you. This affects everyone. 

The reason those threads got shut down is because they turned toxic, as most DS politics threads tend to. I'd say your problem is less with moderation and more with player attitudes towards Dark Sectors and PvP in general.

I have no control over other peoples attitudes. But this emotional vehemence that you are shedding light on is actually indicating how strong the community actually feels about DS. 

True but just as in real politics the answer to the problem doesn't lie on the right not the left but somewhere in the middle.

True but just as in real politics the answer to the problem doesn't lie on the right not the left but somewhere in the middle.

To add to that, politics are also "ongoing" - always looking for solutions in another direction; but at least they can bring up arguments against one-another in the Senate or House of commons, for example. 

its a space ninja game.....wtf has politics got to do with anything.

decisons politicians have to make a bit more critical compared to 'what % of credits and materials should we get'

stop complicaticting everything and just get on with it...(last statement could be aimed at politicians as well)

this forum.....

decisons politicians have to make a bit more critical compared to 'what % of credits and materials should we get'

stop complicaticting everything and just get on with it...(last statement could be aimed at politicians as well)

this forum.....

Please take this feedback to another thread as it is not constructive. 

I agree, but you're only strengthening what I was saying. In order to answer that problem and find the middle, voices need to be heard. I'm pretty sure people can debate without being vulgar.

this forum.....

How? If politicians stuck to delegating money and resources and less to lining their own pockets.... Skip it.... Point is that setting high taxes has been the seed of several conflicts... I'm sure most of you know what happened after "taxation without representation" occurred... Eventually pc players will organize a revolt against these clans that are only being greedy...

How? If politicians stuck to delegating money and resources and less to lining their own pockets.... Skip it.... Point is that setting high taxes has been the seed of several conflicts... I'm sure most of you know what happened after "taxation without representation" occurred... Eventually pc players will organize a revolt against these clans that are only being greedy...

As my past attempts illustrate, we need a platform to communicate in order to coordinate said revolt. I have avoided reddit because of the downvote system, a friend made me an IRC (Noone used it), and my call to arms thread proved to be ineffective because of its location.

This is why I am in favour of Solution 2. We simply need a means to reach out to ever little faction out there. While I was organizing the resistance, I was also told to reach out to every individual clan and alliance through messaging - it was really hard and time consuming, which is difficult at best and near impossible if you already have a real life job(s). This is also a matter of convenience because noone in their right mind would want to solicit every clan and alliance in warframe for support.

However, I will say I got to align myself with some rather big alliances, pvp clans and notable players. None the less, the method I used to achieve this was infuriating, frustrating, and conflicted with my real life responsibilities. 

We need better options. 

Red

Edited by REDHOOOD