Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We Need More Freedom To Talk About Controversial Topics On Warframe Forums

REDHOOOD

Yes please add a politics sub-forum.

DE built the Dark Sectors game system with EVE-style politics in mind. It's ridiculous that REDHOOD's "Call to Arms" etc. threads were removed to the "Recruiting for an alliance" sub-forum, because (a) few people visit that sub-forum unless they're the Warlord of a clan looking for an alliance; and (b) this has nothing to do with "recruiting" for any actual alliance. And if people don't answer said "call to arms" how can interesting politics develop?

If threads like those by REDHOOD actually mobilize people to participate in the DS sectors, it's a great thing. DS conflict mode, as unbalanced as it is, is tons of fun, and is unlike any other PVP game on the market (a MOBA-shooter-hack/slash-special ability super mash up). The only game remotely close to this is Smite but it's more like a traditional Dota game with a third-person camera angle. And Smite is making tons of money ATM.

DE you're sitting on a goldmine here. EVE's space politics + Smite's MOBA + Ninja + Guns = tons of money for you. DE you need to popularize this game mode. And REDHOOD's threads are very helpful for that. Please don't remove his threads to the "dark sectors" of the forum so that more people can read those threads.

Edited by elele

Yes please add a politics sub-forum.

DE built the Dark Sectors game system with EVE-style politics in mind. It's ridiculous that REDHOOD's "Call to Arms" etc. threads were removed to the "Recruiting for an alliance" sub-forum, because (a) few people visit that sub-forum unless they're the Warlord of a clan looking for an alliance; and (b) this has nothing to do with "recruiting" for any actual alliance. And if people don't answer said "call to arms" how can interesting politics develop?

If threads like those by REDHOOD actually mobilize people to participate in the DS sectors, it's a great thing. DS conflict mode, as unbalanced as it is, is tons of fun, and is unlike any other PVP game on the market (a MOBA-shooter-hack/slash-special ability super mash up). The only game remotely close to this is Smite but it's more like a traditional Dota game with a third-person camera angle. And Smite is making tons of money ATM.

DE you're sitting on a goldmine here. EVE's space politics + Smite's MOBA + Ninja + Guns = tons of money for you. DE you need to popularize this game mode. And REDHOOD's threads are very helpful for that. Please don't remove his threads to the "dark sectors" of the forum so that more people can read those threads.

Thank you elele. To give you an update too, I am alligned with several very large alliances now, joined a large alliance who have made me their PvP Liason, and I still keep in touch with the PvP clan leaders that supported my "Call to Arms thread". 

However, we are still outnumbered 1:1000. We can win every fight but lose the node in the end - speaking of which, my offer still stands to recruit you btw. We need every last noble tenno soul out there. 

Edit: New offer in your inbox

Sorry red what I failed to say to further your cause is that I do indeed agree that a separate sub-forum would be great. I also wish you luck in the quest to end tyranny.... Go underdogs!

The best fights are winning the ones that you are expected to lose. 

Red

Edited by REDHOOOD

However, we are still outnumbered 1:1000. We can win every fight but lose the node in the end - speaking of which, my offer still stands to recruit you btw. We need every last noble tenno soul out there.

And even in your Call to Arms thread you were told this was going to happen.

You cannot fix the fundamental problem that DS is highly profitable for the shadow alliance that runs everything. You can win a fight, but you will lose the war.

The only way the DS can be fixed is if DE steps in and removes the thing that created the shadow alliance and its monopoly: profit. The removal of the DS tax system.

The DS needs to be about ego, needs to be about showing off the MIGHT of your clan. Not about maintaining profit by setting up fake fights.

And even in your Call to Arms thread you were told this was going to happen.

You cannot fix the fundamental problem that DS is highly profitable for the shadow alliance that runs everything. You can win a fight, but you will lose the war.

The only way the DS can be fixed is if DE steps in and removes the thing that created the shadow alliance and its monopoly: profit. The removal of the DS tax system.

The DS needs to be about ego, needs to be about showing off the MIGHT of your clan. Not about maintaining profit by setting up fake fights.

The problem now and have always been: Communication. A way to reach everyone. If every clan out there with a rail tried to stop the current rail blockade, we will succeed. All I am asking for is an opportunity; there is no harm in this. Let me fail under my terms. 

What some people would call a "failure", I view this as progress. When I began this crusade against heavily taxed nodes, I was apart of a 20 man teams. Now I am apart of an intergalactic alliance with several thousands - the present issue is having everyone fight at the same time. This is why I feel a better medium to communicate with is the best solution. 

Red

Edit: Going to work now. Keep the discussion going, I will be back. 

Edited by REDHOOOD

Who cares? No really, at the end of the day, who really cares? Does it really matter?

People will still go to their favorite DS nodes to level things up, regardless of who owns it (and often regardless of the tax).

I'm closer to this sentiment.

I mean, this is not EvE Online or Guild Wars control of The Underworld. I have never cared who controls what because it basically does nothing to impact gameplay.

100% Tax? If I'm there to level a Frame, they can have it. Once they have a billion credits they can do what with it?

Until DE makes the whole struggle meaningful, I don't see why DS are important AT ALL.  Until I see a decent argument that explains why anyone would even bother taking over those areas, other then "hey look my name is in lights", I will find people getting emotional over DS rather weird.

Perhaps easy for you. But littleman88, you are forgetting about the "Little guys" who are doing runs with Bratons and are starving for cash. This is bigger than me and you. This affects everyone. 

No offense, but I have given away Prime parts, helped total strangers add rooms to Dojo's with Forma, helped clear an entire planet worth of nodes for people ... I'm just saying, this game has ZERO downsides for doing such things. In EvE Online, you let a stranger join your Corp, and the next day your Corp is being Safari'd to death (that's when a corp member starts killing corp mates, and in EvE losses of ships hurt like hell, because it basically and effectively wipes progress, much like if on death we lost a Frame and had to rebuild it)

It's not THAT hard to make good friends in this game and get a running start, and when you get settled, help others.

WF is nowhere near as harsh as ANY games out there. I think the DS issues in WF are WAY too dramatic.

On ps4 those ds missions are viable credit and resource farming nodes. I think that is part of the complaint. On PC it is money driven. V for Vendetta on ps4 have held sechura for as long as I can remember but they only run a 10% credit tax and 0% resource tax. Nobody cares if they sit there so I'm sure they are billionaires by now. If they were running 100% taxes I don't think they could last long. If you could get other players to actually believe you and offer 0% taxes for a few weeks and guarantee that the tax would never exceed 15% again I'm betting that the sectors would fall from their current reign

Edited by (PS4)jwernecke

Devs have to strike a fine line between being defensive and ignoring the consumer.

The former involves the devs, moderators, and the few over-zealous fanboys abusing their role and silencing constructive criticism. The "my game is perfect" attitude.

The latter largely means that either the dev knows its game is screwed up or the community is too toxic. Both mean the devs largely lose interest in the forums and do what they think is right.

Devs must strike that fine line between them. I've witnessed both, and they both suck.

Edit: I'm just commenting. I'm not condemning DE to either side.

Edited by (XB1)ShapelessHorr0r

No offense, but I have given away Prime parts, helped total strangers add rooms to Dojo's with Forma, helped clear an entire planet worth of nodes for people ... I'm just saying, this game has ZERO downsides for doing such things. In EvE Online, you let a stranger join your Corp, and the next day your Corp is being Safari'd to death (that's when a corp member starts killing corp mates, and in EvE losses of ships hurt like hell, because it basically and effectively wipes progress, much like if on death we lost a Frame and had to rebuild it)

It's not THAT hard to make good friends in this game and get a running start, and when you get settled, help others.

WF is nowhere near as harsh as ANY games out there. I think the DS issues in WF are WAY too dramatic.

You're only one person. You can't do a whole lot by yourself.

WF is very lenient, but improving it is better than letting something that is blantantly flawed stay flawed. Dev excuses and "hopes" be darned.

I'm closer to this sentiment.

I mean, this is not EvE Online or Guild Wars control of The Underworld. I have never cared who controls what because it basically does nothing to impact gameplay.

100% Tax? If I'm there to level a Frame, they can have it. Once they have a billion credits they can do what with it?

Until DE makes the whole struggle meaningful, I don't see why DS are important AT ALL.  Until I see a decent argument that explains why anyone would even bother taking over those areas, other then "hey look my name is in lights", I will find people getting emotional over DS rather weird.

Sorry to be so direct; but the goal is not to convince you to care. The purpose of this thread is to bring awareness to a communication problem. The implications are fairly intuitive and are also debated in my previous threads - we can have that discussion there. 

The fact that you help weaker tennos out is commendable and the help you provide is respectable. All I ask is you remain open minded to what I am about to say: 

1) You need to take into account different personalities - introverts for example may not be interested in talk to people they don't know, and are even less likely to ask for help. 

2) Just because you don't struggle does not mean others do not. In my clan alone, there are daily requests to be taxied to dark sectors or boss fights, help with tower runs, help getting to wave 30 on defenses etc. Unless you are running a successful warframe charity to take care of all the aforementioned players, you cannot claim to have solved the disparity between geared players and the ungeared - and you need credits, fusion cores and resources to get geared. 

3) This is not EVE; but the resource and credit taxes do matter. Speaking as a geared player, I can go afk to poop while farming; yet, I am still always starved for salvage. Now picture a volt running with a braton trying to craft better weapons who barely finishes wave 5 defenses, then he has to rerun it because he did not get enough resources (Resource tax). By rerunning the defense, he is also forfeiting 40-50% of his credits. 

As I said on a previous post. This is bigger than just me and you. 

You're only one person. You can't do a whole lot by yourself.

What he said in regards to your charity. 

On ps4 those ds missions are viable credit and resource farming nodes. I think that is part of the complaint. On PC it is money driven. V for Vendetta on ps4 have held sechura for as long as I can remember but they only run a 10% credit tax and 0% resource tax. Nobody cares if they sit there so I'm sure they are billionaires by now. If they were running 100% taxes I don't think they could last long. If you could get other players to actually believe you and offer 0% taxes for a few weeks and guarantee that the tax would never exceed 15% again I'm betting that the sectors would fall from their current reign

Space Confed has spent over 100 million to take back hiercon - just to reset taxes to 0/0 - 2 times in a row- They also have a steady reputation for this type of behaviour. Yet, many players are unaware and fight against them for battle pay. It is my firm belief that if we have a better platform to communicate, players can make a more informed decision before attacking them for a few bucks. 

Edit: grammar - really tired. 

Edited by REDHOOOD

I do not bother with DS missions. They are useless to me. I refuse to participate in the large scale crap that takes numbers of players over quality. DS does nothing for anyone in the large scope of the game. I'm starting to wish I did not become a founder for Warframe. The game is doing idiotic S#&$ that I do not agree with. 

I do not bother with DS missions. They are useless to me. I refuse to participate in the large scale crap that takes numbers of players over quality. DS does nothing for anyone in the large scope of the game. I'm starting to wish I did not become a founder for Warframe. The game is doing idiotic S#&$ that I do not agree with. 

I respect that you are a council member; however lets keep this civil. 

It's not so much controversial, as much as it is you going about discussing things all wrong.

This isn't some battleground, it's a forum where people discuss on how to improve the game, not to point fingers and play the blame game against DE. 

I agree. So many use forums to whine and complain instead of just addressing problems, having civil discussions, and helping the gaming community.

Who cares? No really, at the end of the day, who really cares? Does it really matter?

People will still go to their favorite DS nodes to level things up, regardless of who owns it (and often regardless of the tax).

I care.

Because credits are so hard to come by...

If you don't want to feed the big alliances, don't run the dark sectors.  Anyone sane and not completely full of themselves would realize dark sectors aren't really the place to farm credits, and really, don't give a $#!% if they're feeding someone else the credits they do earn.

It was pretty hard to rival old Sechura as far as credit farming went.

It's not so much controversial, as much as it is you going about discussing things all wrong.

This isn't some battleground, it's a forum where people discuss on how to improve the game, not to point fingers and play the blame game against DE. 

I specified in the OP that noone is to blame - especially forum moderators because they are just doing their jobs. I am simply highlighting a clear communication problem, which certain alliances are clearly benefiting from. If you take a look at the history or rail blocks on death snacks, the picture becomes a bit more clear. 

Red