Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buggy Release

Xriborg

Just wondering, at what point do your new releases look so incompetent to your customers that you are embarrassed?

These major updates with new features are your chance to attract new customers, and to get old customers back in the game again. We see the notification of a fancy new update on Steam. "Oh boy! This looks cool! Let's try it out!" Then they download it, install it, and get ready to see what Warframe has to offer them.

Bugs.

Bugs is what Warframe has to offer them. Buggy bugs. Buggy quests. Buggy combat. Buggy new features. New bugs for old features. And ancient bugs that have been alive and thriving for over a year. It makes your development team look like an incompetent mess. Hide behind your beta label all you want, I doubt the new people trying the game are listening to that excuse when they're crashing consistently, getting stuck in the maps, dropping connections and getting locked in the menus.

There has got to be a better development cycle than the 'Never-Ending Train Wreck" approach...

We are still in Beta, not to mention that I like how DE trusts their players to assist them with bugs.

If DE were to never fix these said bugs I would have a reason to be salty but as the player base of a beta game, bugs are bound to happen.

and DE trusts the community enough to help them solve their bugs. 

What they do is fairly simple....

They release the core-concept/content that is bound to have bugs they can't find themselves without playtesters.

We play-test it and solve it for them, then they deliver a fix for what we found. Bugs are never easy to spot.

Welcome to Free to Play/Open Beta.

You signed up to play this game with the understanding that it was your job to smash it into the ground over and over again as hard as you could to find every little piece that breaks.  

And you're upset that you're finding things that break?

What did you expect?

I'm with Kira. Do you not understand the process at all? Their team can't possibly locate and fix every bug before release in a reasonable amount of time. The game is in open beta status, still, and these large content updates can have unexpected effects. If the bugs bother you so much, why don't you play something else when a new update comes out and wait two to four weeks so they can fix the biggest bugs? I understand that some bugs may be frustrating, but as I stated, the game is still technically in beta. Bugs are part of that, not just in Warframe. And the first week of a major launch? You're basically looking at Update (n) Alpha. I'd much rather be helping them fix these bugs by reporting them than complaining about the fact that there are bugs.

No. I'm sorry. I don't HAVE a job with DE. I'm not being paid money for this. I'm a customer. I paid money to DE to support this game for RELEASE, not for eternal beta bull.

Maybe if we had any sort of release date. Even a year for release, I might buy that. But we don't. We haven't heard anything about that. And I doubt we ever will.

Just wondering, at what point do your new releases look so incompetent to your customers that you are embarrassed?

These major updates with new features are your chance to attract new customers, and to get old customers back in the game again. We see the notification of a fancy new update on Steam. "Oh boy! This looks cool! Let's try it out!" Then they download it, install it, and get ready to see what Warframe has to offer them.

Bugs.

Bugs is what Warframe has to offer them. Buggy bugs. Buggy quests. Buggy combat. Buggy new features. New bugs for old features. And ancient bugs that have been alive and thriving for over a year. It makes your development team look like an incompetent mess. Hide behind your beta label all you want, I doubt the new people trying the game are listening to that excuse when they're crashing consistently, getting stuck in the maps, dropping connections and getting locked in the menus.

There has got to be a better development cycle than the 'Never-Ending Train Wreck" approach...

They would've released bug-free U15 tomorrow or on Tuesday, but some idiots wanted it on Friday, so DE released it with tons of bugs and they were forced to pull an all-nighter to fix some of the most annoying bugs ASAP. This is their fault - by their I mean the idiots who wanted U15 ASAP.

No. I'm sorry. I don't HAVE a job with DE. I'm not being paid money for this. I'm a customer. I paid money to DE to support this game for RELEASE, not for eternal beta bull.

Maybe if we had any sort of release date. Even a year for release, I might buy that. But we don't. We haven't heard anything about that. And I doubt we ever will.

Uh, yeah.  You're a volunteer.  Volunteers don't get paid.

I bet you don't know what crowdsourcing is, either.

And I really don't want that.  If you look at the game, it has so much more undiscovered potential.

By keeping it in beta, it allows DE to make so many changes, and to have a lot more freedom. 

This game is constantly evolving, and I LIKE that.

If you don't, then too bad.  I disagree.

Uh, yeah.  You're a volunteer.  Volunteers don't get paid.

I bet you don't know what crowdsourcing is, either.

Funny how DE's "Volunteers" are also their source of income.

And yes, I know what crowdsourcing is. I don't see that word here. I see BETA, and that beta label is an excuse.

Edited by Xriah

OMG BUGS.

ITS NOT LIKE NO OTHER GAME THAT HAS UPDATES HAS BUGS.

Seriously, they have fixed so many bugs right now that to say this is pretty insulting.

^this, but.. not QUITE right...

Seriously, they have fixed so many bugs right now that to say this is VERY insulting and VERY CHILDISH.

Ah. There. Fixed it for you Erebus.

Sheesh... kids these days.

Funny how DE's "Volunteers" are also their source of income.

And yes, I know what crowdsourcing is. I don't see that word here. I see BETA, and that beta label is an excuse.

And what is your excuse? You play the game, yes?

Do you ENJOY the game? If not then why do you keep playing it?

I DO enjoy it and I know I am not alone.

Edited by Kalenath