Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking For Argon Crystals

(XBOX)Stealth TG

Question

I ran a T4 interception last night looking for Argon crystals. 4 rounds, 0 crystals. Last time I did this before update 15 we got 6 crystals in 2 rounds.

It seems like they nerfed the drop rate, which was completely uncalled for.

Edited by MM209

Good to know.  I've been needing Argon Crystals to build Atterax; I didn't know Phorid drops them.  Anyone verify?

This was fixed weeks ago. I think consoles should have that patch already as well.

I ran a T4 interception last night looking for Argon crystals. 4 rounds, 0 crystals. Last time I did this before update 15 we got 6 crystals in 2 rounds.

It seems like they nerfed the drop rate, which was completely uncalled for.

RNG. You can't expect the same result for two missions.

Edited by Naftal

Are you saying Phorid never used to, but now it does, or Phorid used to, but now it doesn't?  Sorry, your answer was confusing.

Invasions were bugged and used void resource tables, that was fixed and they use planet resource tables now instead.

Are argon crystals better found in certain missions, or certain planets?

As already said in this thread: only void drops them, missions with more spawns are obviously better, T4 is better because it also has Vor which has nice chance of dropping Argon.

Has anyone successfully got an argon crystal from a T1 void since update 15 came out? I've been Nekros farming this T1 Capture for 2 1/2 hours now and have not found a single argon crystal, before update 15 it never took me more then 20 minutes to get a crystal.

I have gotten 1 crystal from a T1 exterminate since U15, but that is extremely rare, and only happened because my kubrow opened every locked box in the mission. For best results get a partner (or 3), one with a Nekros who knows how to desecrate, and do a Void  survival as high level as you can survive for as long as you can. The desecrate is not for getting crystals, it is for longer survival times, with the extra health globes and such. Friend and I did a T2 survival for 30 min  without once activating a life support because of that ability, and got 2 crystals from that run. Some runs you get some, some you do not, but the longer you can last the greater chance of success.

Finally got some to drop in a T2 Survival, even then only because Nekros desecrated them.

All played after U15

T4 interception 4 rounds: 0 Crystals.

T1 Capture 2+ hours of farming with desecrate: 0 Crystals

2xT3 Defense played to wave 20: 0 Crystals.

T2 Mobile Defense: 0 Crystals

T1 Survival played for 45 minutes with desecrate: 0 Crystals

T2 Survival played for 30 minutes with desecrate: 3 Crystals all found with desecrate, none dropped naturally.

RNG may be RNG but I'm strongly of the opinion they made the RNG worse.