Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too Much Capacity Take On Archwing Mods?

Sarmon

Am I the only one who thinks Archwing mods take up a bit too much capacity for what they give?

Here are some maxed mod examples

Damage

Rubedo-Lined Barrel: +60% more damage for 11 capacity

Serration: +105% more damage for 11 capacity

Point Blank: +90% more damage for 9 capacity

Fire Rate

Automatic Trigger: 45% fire rate for 15 capacity

Speed Trigger: 60% fire rate for 9 capacity

Shotgun Spazz: 90% fire rate for 9 capacity

Archwing's mod stats are too small for what they actually take up in capacity compared to normal weapons. I wouldn't buff the stats, but I'd rather reduce the capacity costs.

This is mainly an issue when you are getting a fresh archwing weapon and it takes a very long time just to put one mod on it to make a significant change in it's performance.

Edit #1: Simply put: Archwing mods feel like HALVES of a dual-stat nightmare mod.

Edit #2: Energy Amplifier

6% power range for 11 capacity. I don't think I need to explain why this is bad.

Edited by Sarmon

I noticed that too.

It is odd.

You NEED a potato just for the basic mods..

This PLUS the 2-potato-cost in Syndicates to reach certain ranks leads me to believe (or hope) that maybe DE are planning on making catalysts/reactors more common

Or at least thats what I hope happens.

Not sure I agree. The scaling for damage/health seems different in Archwing missions than in standard ones, and the base damage in general is much higher for Archwing weapons.

Of course, I haven't played around with my Archwing yet (relatively speaking), so I suppose I can't really give a properly informed opinion either way.

I agree with OP, but I also agree that maybe it's not needed, since archwings seem to do alright straight out of the box (Depending on your default warframe's health/shield levels). And I'm also not sure that archwing missions scale super high yet at this point, so you don't really need to be able to do 10000 damage with one bullet like with your regular warframe weapons.

I agree with OP, but I also agree that maybe it's not needed, since archwings seem to do alright straight out of the box (Depending on your default warframe's health/shield levels). And I'm also not sure that archwing missions scale super high yet at this point, so you don't really need to be able to do 10000 damage with one bullet like with your regular warframe weapons.

I'm perfectly fine with the amount of health Archwings have and how they scale off your equipped warframe.

The issue is the damage. Even with a maxed Rubedo-lined barrel equipped, you'll have an insanely hard time killing anything on the Uranus interception node.

i think its pretty clear from looking at the archwing mods, DE originally had different ideas of how they were going to work in relations to the base frame

as well as the archwing weapons have MUCH higher base stats, i guess DE just wanted space battle to have bigger numbers or something i dunno, personally from a design standpoint, this seems like a silly waste of effort to me, and it causes more unnecessary headaches

I suspect DE is letting the values be low to start off with, so they can buff instead of nerf.

Archwing enemies might need to be weakened to allow for this, but it could be a very good thing for the game. By having a vital mod like Rubedo-lined barrel be 60%, it makes it less vital to the optimization of the weapon's damage in general.