Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas On A Better (Future) Opticor Nerf/ Please Dont Nerf It As Hard As The Penta

CRAFTTHIS

As we all remember the dreaded day the penta and angstrum were nerfed. The ridiculous reduction to 20 ammo. While it is true that they needed a nerf from the 520 ammo pool, i think in my opinion capping the penta ammo at 72 should have been a reasonable and desired ammount.

BUT NOW WE HAVE THE OPTICOR WHICH IS BASICLY THE SON OF A LANKA AND ORGIS and it has 520 ammo.

Here are my ideas for the future nerf which we all know is coming sooner or later because DE just cant sit tight with players using 520 rifle ammo pool

-nerf ammo from 520 to 72 (please dont nerf it to 20 rounds)

-add innate puncture (because its a freaking rail cannon) of maybe 5m? (please?)

- When nerfing the ammo please make shure it does not affect the secondary ammo pool like the penta, and angstrum did.

Please post your suggestions and comments to this :)

How about we leave it the hell alone for a month so everyone can get the blowing up stuff with it out of their systems?

And a month somehow drags onto half a year later. 

Not to say that DE(L) breaks their promises, but they are sometimes a bit slow on the execution of those promises. 

The ammo thing would definitely be a problem if the weapon was actually anywhere as good as the Penta or Ogris.

Even running it on Mirage the damage doesn't feel all that impressive, though that just might be the extremely long fire delay.

Explosive weapons had the ability to wipe out huge numbers of enemies with one shot, and I really don't feel the Opticor has taht same ability.

I like the weapon though

The ammo thing would definitely be a problem if the weapon was actually anywhere as good as the Penta or Ogris.

Even running it on Mirage the damage doesn't feel all that impressive, though that just might be the extremely long fire delay.

Explosive weapons had the ability to wipe out huge numbers of enemies with one shot, and I really don't feel the Opticor has taht same ability.

I like the weapon though

If you treat it like the Penta or Ogris you'll be sorely disappointed.

Use it like a super Lanka. Slap Shred, Speed Trigger and elemental mods on it and use it as a sniper. It's got infinite range and doesn't explode in your face which makes it great for corridors or other tight spaces.

It does need some work though. Innate punch-through on a full charge would be lovely and I'm pretty sure Split Chamber isn't working properly for it either.

seriously why would you even bring the word nerf up about a new weapon. it doesnt need a nerf or a buff. its fine the way it is

well..everything about it is fine by me...but seriously 540 ammo doesn't fit to a cannon type weapon like this, nerf the ammo (72 rounds), keep the other states

-nerf ammo from 520 to 72 (please dont nerf it to 20 rounds)

-add innate puncture (because its a freaking rail cannon) of maybe 5m? (please?)

We shouldn't have to rely on an ammo mutation mod for all the heavy weapons. It's ridiculous that you must have either team ammo restore plates or an ammo mutation mod just to be able to use these weapons.

Reducing the range to 5m would make this gun a lot less fun. The heavy x sniping capability makes it some what unique from other guns in warframe. Unless you mean that it will not punch through arfter 5m but still carry on with the same amount of damage?

I really don't think this gun needs a nerf because it has no area affect. It's not like the heavy weapons we've had so far that take out entire squads because of the blast. It could take out a section of a squad (if you put a punch through mod on) but then it needs to charge again. Since this gun requires accuracy, punch through and speed, players can't go all out damage on this gun unlike other heavy weapons.

Edited by Postal_pat

The Opticor does not in any way, shape, or form need a nerf. If anything, it's in desperate need of some kind of buff. The problem is that it can't decide what kind of weapon it is. It's not a crowd control weapon like the penta, it's not a beam weapon like the Amprex, it's a bad sniper rifle (an entire category of weapon which is in and of itself completely terrible), it's not a status gun, it's not a crit gun, and it's not an assault rifle.

If the charge time were halved, and made so it can hold its charge until the user decides to release the trigger, it can be used as a fast firing alternative to a bow, with a larger ammo pool and more accuracy as opposed to raw damage. Really though if it can be made to fit into any of these categories (except sniper, please don't make it a sniper, that would be a death sentence for the gun) it might make a half decent weapon, but right now the closest comparison you can make is that it's a weak bow that can't hold its charge shots.