Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Big Fat Update 15 Feedback

DaWolv

So - while I tried to give my feedback where it bleongs, I quickly realized (yet again) that there are too many topics to keep track of. So I will gather everything here.

This is more so a report to the devs as a collection of grievances, but if you feel you need to agree or pile on at any point - by all means...

So I'm gonna save the poster child (Archwing) for last.

Heres a quick feature list I liked/disliked:

Unlinking Sigils from Syndacate Affiliation.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/329684-unlink-sigils-from-syndicate-affiliation/

My hole line of reasoning is in the post linked above, but the short version is:
If you can only have 1 Sigil equipped at a time, why not simply make it a switch at the Syndcate panel in the Liset, instead of having to go trough all of your Frames to make sure everyone has the right Sigil equipped.

Abilities UI

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/329310-warframe-abilities-in-the-upgrade-ui/#entry3718087

It would be nice to be able to see the effect of the mods we equip for the Abilities we have.

Simply adding this information to the "Upgrade" UI would be cool!

Archwing /Abilities UI

Why do you hide this information at the bottom right?

The only other button that existed before there was the "Exit" button, which, I presume, noone ever uses because the "Escape"-Key exists. I spent about 15min looking for the Archwing Loadout screen.

Syndicate XP

I have not yet figured out why I get the points I get.

Sometimes my clanmates (who are in the same Syndicate - AoH) get significantly more or significantly less points.

Sometimes I get above 200 for a mission that was really short, sometimes I get 50 for a lengthy Defense run.

Please improve your communication as to what gives you what and why!

and now the big one:

Archwing

I am not going to rage about the (horribly) annoying bugs, especially in the Interception Mission.

You know they are bad, I am positive you will fix it - lets move on and look at the bigger picture.

I will try to do the Sandwiche feedback method:

- The Interception and trench run missions are really fun and give us something new to do.

- The movement of the Archwing in particular is a huge amount of fun.

- BUT:
Especially in the trench run missions you sometimes go for a minute without seeing an enemy.

Since those are our only shot at getting those mods we need, this is a pain!

- Enemy variaty is also not so great. Its basically repurposed/reskinned drones and Crewmen with jetpacks.

- The interception points are a little too far away from each other to see what is happening on the map.

- BUT:
The scope seems appropriate to what its supposed to be: open space.

Now a couple of suggestions:
- Please auto-mark mods in open space! Some people dont mark mods, and even if they would, sometimes they just go about unnoticed. If not auto-marking them, maybe give them a bigger and more recognizable flashy effect.

- Give all Archwings an automatic-carrier! The point of having a winged jetpack is to go fast and do cool manouvers - which is undermined by having to stop and adjust your altitude and speed to pick up stuff on the way.

- Try to improve the minimap! It is utterly useless on Interception!

But now the big one:
Archwing doesn't give anything to the main game.

Another gentleman pointed this out before me, (sadly his post got buried) but I will add my takes here.

Since you need to get Archwing from a quest, all the cool stuff that I hoped for the Devs would do with it, was left by the road side: I'm talking surprise Archwing missions!

The last quest is exactly what I would like to see. You run a mission and, just as before, Lotus changes the goal of the mission - only this time half the ship breaks apart and you are forced to engage Archwing.

This doesn't mean that the Archwing missions should be taken out, but they are a great way to level up your Archwing to be prepared when frozen space excrement hits the photon engines (or any variation on that analogy).

What I would have liked to see is either

1) tie the Archwing quest into the Vor's Prize quest, so that any new player comes out of the quest with an Archwing,

OR

2) give every player a standart issue Archwing with reduced capabilites so they can partizipate

OR

3) write a code that determines who in the Squad has an Archwing and makes sure that such missions won't occur when someone can't take part in them BUT at the same time make the Archwing quest obligatory for progressing beyond - let's say - Jupiter. (Meaning there are optional Archwing missions for Jupiter and below, but once you killed Alad V you will have to do the Archwing quest to be allowed to progress)

I will try and add new ideas and feedback when I happen to come across it.

Edited by DaWolv

Relevant points and good format :)

I especially like your 3rd Archwing mission structure option. Mission twists (or wrinkles I think they were called internally?) are exceedingly rare but I love them and I hope they come back with a vengeance to include surprise Archwing!

I used to love it when suddenly infested turn up in the middle of sabotaging a Corpus ship or whatever. The Archwing twists sounded like the perfect evolution of this.

I especially like your 3rd Archwing mission structure option. Mission twists (or wrinkles I think they were called internally?) are exceedingly rare but I love them and I hope they come back with a vengeance to include surprise Archwing!

I used to love it when suddenly infested turn up in the middle of sabotaging a Corpus ship or whatever. The Archwing twists sounded like the perfect evolution of this.

From the initial trailer, I figured that this was the way it was originally planned - which makes it all the more dissapointing to realize it is in fact not.

But, ya, that and the carrier-thing is probably what I am hoping for the most.

From the initial trailer, I figured that this was the way it was originally planned - which makes it all the more dissapointing to realize it is in fact not.

But, ya, that and the carrier-thing is probably what I am hoping for the most.

Note that those missions are going to be added later. The J3 boss fight is supposedly going to involve flying in and out of a level. What we've got right now is just the initial implementation, probably to get Archwing stable and bug free at the most basic level.

Note that those missions are going to be added later. The J3 boss fight is supposedly going to involve flying in and out of a level. What we've got right now is just the initial implementation, probably to get Archwing stable and bug free at the most basic level.

That is what I am hoping.

Still, I think the question of the Acquisition of Archwing is an important one, because having a "(Archwing)" in the title of each mission that will/might require one takes away from the surprise when the mission shifts and you need to deploy it.

That's why I am saying that they need to figure out some way, in which you can force all players to pursue an Archwing at a certain point, so you can introduce this system  at later levels without hickups.