Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Strangest Performance Boost Ever Found

_Fracture8

Well since U15's supreme FPS crackdown I've been trying to find all sorts of different ways to give it a little boost. WF for me runs in the Liset idling 30 FPS. However it was during one of Mogamu's Amprex modding videos that I switched back to WF to copy his loadout and noticed that the FPS had risen by 20 FPS. Running at a constant 50 - 55, something that I've never had the pleasure of having up until that moment.

With further testing I've found that pausing any YouTube video in the background and running WF increases the FPS by an average of 10 - 20 depending on the mission you're running. Doesn't matter what video as long as its paused and in the background it works.

So I've posted this here to see if this works for anyone else. I'm not sure if its just my own hardware or something wrong with the game itself. Try it and see if it works for you, and come back here with the results.

Some people found it hard to believe, understandable considering how backward it sounds. Heres a couple of pics.

Without YouTube

1z3xd9z.jpg

With YouTube

hwbceg.jpg

Error989's GPU-Z suggestion results: Both done with WF in the background. First with YT second without

2ufbtcl.jpg
2rw3o6d.jpg
Edited by KilelrDrone492

Well since U15's supreme FPS crackdown I've been trying to find all sorts of different ways to give it a little boost. WF for me runs in the Liset idling 30 FPS. However it was during one of Mogamu's Amprex modding videos that I switched back to WF to copy his loadout and noticed that the FPS had risen by 20 FPS. Running at a constant 50 - 55, something that I've never had the pleasure of having up until that moment.

With further testing I've found that pausing any YouTube video in the background and running WF increases the FPS by an average of 10 - 20 depending on the mission you're running. Doesn't matter what video as long as its paused and in the background it works.

So I've posted this here to see if this works for anyone else. I'm not sure if its just my own hardware or something wrong with the game itself. Try it and see if it works for you, and come back here with the results.

might just be your gpu acting wierd

my gpu (ATI 5850) underclocks to 400MHz when there's a video running (stock clocks are 870...actually overclocked...)

difference in framerate is the same as in the clock speed :D like 110% more fps at 870MHz

download GPU-Z and check at what speeds it runs when you have a vid open and when you dont, it might be not detecting 3d application and the vid might be activating it's actuall clock speeds

might just be your gpu acting wierd

my gpu (ATI 5850) underclocks to 400MHz when there's a video running (stock clocks are 870...actually overclocked...)

difference in framerate is the same as in the clock speed :D like 110% more fps at 870MHz

download GPU-Z and check at what speeds it runs when you have a vid open and when you dont, it might be not detecting 3d application and the vid might be activating it's actuall clock speeds

Will try that out, thanks for the info