Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archerframe.

Flackenstien

Just being bored:

Name: ROBIN or ARTEMIS

Gender: Androgynous, archer doesn't really speak a gender at me.

Playstyle: Use archery and marksmanship to fell foes.
Appearance: Space Ninja meets Robin Hood.

Approximate Stats:

Health: 100 (300.0 at rank 30)
Power: 150.0 (225.0 at rank 30)
Armor: 15
Shield Capacity: 75 (225.0 at rank 30)
Sprint Speed: 1.15
Stamina: 100
Polarities: 1x Dash 1x V
Aura Polarity: V

Abilities:

● HOLY ARROW

Cost: 25 Energy

You release 1/2/3/4 homing arrows which deal 50/100/150/200 Puncture damage with 100% Proc chance.

Enemies hit by this attack are marked for +10/25/50/75% Primary & Secondary damage for 4/6/8/10 Seconds.

Enemies killed with HOLY ARROW have a highly increased chance to drop Sniper Ammo.

Arrows home in on targets within a small cone, unlike Ash's Shurken's wider seeking range.

Can be used while reloading, rolling, midair, sliding, wallrunning, ect.

Damage, damage booster, and number of arrows released are effected by Power Strength.

Boost duration is affected by Power Duration.

Using your acrobatic prowess, you jump in a swift flip, diagonally upwards.

Useful for gaining high ground, making an escape, or for traversal.

Can be used in mid-air, but not multiple times in succession.

During the flip, you fire a powerful arrow at 1/2/3/4 nearby enemies, dealing 75/150/225/300 of both Puncture and Impact damages with forced Impact Procs.

Damage, and jump speed is affected by Power Strength.

Jump height is unaffected by mods.

Summoned a powerful bow, based off ancient legend, which replaces any and all weapons you have (you may still Quick Melee).
By default, this bow deals 90/180/270/360 of each Puncture & Radiation damage per shot.

If your Primary weapon was a Bow, then this weapon will add on that Bow's damages.

The Crit Chance, and Crit Damage of this weapon are equal to your Primary weapon's +10/15/20/30% (with a minimum cap of 1.5x | 20%).

Projectiles have no drop, and have innate Punch Through for 0.5/1/2/3 Meters.

Damage, and Crit Stat boost is increased by Power Strength.

Using Shiva's bow, you fire arrows towards the sky, causing arrows to rain down upon the battlefield before you.

Arrows rain down upon enemies within an 8/10/15/20 Meter radius circle infront of you, dealing 15/30/45/60 Puncture damage and 15/30/45/60 damage of either Heat, Viral, or Blast damage types 2 times a second (either per enemy or per square foot) for 8/10/12/15 Seconds.
Forced Elemental Procs.
Enemies within the AOE are slowed by 10/15/20/30%.

You are free to move after the casting animation.

Cannot cast in mid-air.

Damage, and slow strength are affected by Power Strength.

AOE range is affected by Power Range.

Duration is affected by Power Duration.

Edited by Flackenstien

I would love an archer based Warframe, but I think it should improve the current ¨bow capabilities rather than having some special abilities like you've written down.

A few ideas could be: Make arrows homing, make arrows split into x amount, increase arrow speed.

While I like the idea of a dedicated archer, I don't know that it would work as a warframe. Warframes tend to be more generic.

Instead of making him exclusive to archery, why not go for a "marksman" form or "gunslinger".

ability 1: Surprise volley.

Functions the same, but deals increased weapon damage. Increased drop chance for both their equipped weapon types.

Ability 2: Rising Feather

Replace the damage with a knock back on jump or landing.

Ability 3: Gunner's Talent

Grants the equipped weapons bonus damage, bonus crit damage, innate punch through, increased fire speed, and increased reload speed, and increased crit chance

Ability 4: No change

Tough it kinda overlaps with Hydroid's barrage.

This would give them the option of still using Bows to achieve your core thematic goal, while also opening it up to other weapons.

Edited by deathjet

it seems a tad over powered to me, but i do like the concept. Artemis makes a better name in my opinion, but i think there should be some sort of pin ability in there. Arrow through the foot sort of thing. Kind a stapple of archers.

Yeah, I wanted something like that. It's what Arrow Rain's secondary effect was going to be, but.. I said why not procs and slow?

I'm not super satisfied with the skillset, but I had the idea and just wanted to make it for fun.

I may or may not change things around.