Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Gender Theory On Tenno...

(PSN)MadDerpyMonkey

That's not enough to go by. There are multiple instances referring to tenno corpses torn out of warframes and getting tenno DNA. Divine light definitely resides in a lump of flesh of some description.

I think the part about the light refers to the fact that corpse autopsy don't explain their powers.

There's always a possibility that flesh in question is a part of warframe, fused to it courtesy of technocyte virus, and tenno is indeed just an energy creature that can "possess" that metal-clad lump of meat. That's where it's really unclear. What part moves between warframes? A body or only soul?

shapeshifters...

This may sound dumb but...

Isn't it possible that if that virus touches human dna it enables shapeshifting of the flesh and bones?

Look at what it did to the infested and the ancients that can extend their arms.

That's also a thing.

What we know: tenno can swap warframes. An active tenno in a warframe is a combination of technocyte virus metallic/organic growth and human flesh. But WHAT it is that moves between warframes? A body? A brain? A soul? This is where there's simply a hole in the current lore. We don't know what moves between swapped warframes or how a warframe without a tenno in it or a tenno without warframe to contain it looks like.

That's also a thing.

What we know: tenno can swap warframes. An active tenno in a warframe is a combination of technocyte virus metallic/organic growth and human flesh. But WHAT it is that moves between warframes? A body? A brain? A soul? This is where there's simply a hole in the current lore. We don't know what moves between swapped warframes or how a warframe without a tenno in it or a tenno without warframe to contain it looks like.

Energised shapeshifting bodies?

tenno are pure energy 

the warframe is just a shell

proof

IIeQ1jE.jpg

You're taking Vor a LITTLE too literally here. The Tenno are "energy" in the sense a battery is "energy" - it's a physical form with power stored in it. If you note the Arid Fear Codex entry Vor says "every time we tear a Tenno from its metal womb" - so there IS a body that is being taken out of the Warframes. 

Lore is missing here. Until it's expanded, no point in discussing. We don't know what moves between warframes, or how flesh inside a warframe looks like. It might be an infested brain and that's it.

But what I can add here, if tenno can be destroyed by killing/obliterating warframe, well, then tenno - the part that switches warframes around - is probably not just pure energy but some kind of physical presence. At least a living brain?

"If it bleeds we can kill it..." - Dutch

Likewise if you can kill something that would mean it's alive right?

that's why i think the suits aren't just metal shells, there is a living component to them separate from the tenno. whether the tenno are formless energy or twisted Human flesh n bones, i feel they have a more symbiotic relationship to the tenno.

Question.

Valkyr gets her powers of rage and extreme pain tolerance from her traumatic experiences in Alad V's dungeon.

If tenno are simply energy/goo/souls transferring between bodies, and completely seperate entities from warframes which are just suits, how does a tenno that was not personally subjected to Alad's experiments have access to Valkyr's personal, emotion-powered abilities just by wearing the suit? And why would a tenno that did get experimented on lose their rage powers when possessing any suit that isn't Valkyr?

Edited by Mea_K

Question.

Valkyr gets her powers of rage and extreme pain tolerance from her traumatic experiences in Alad V's dungeon.

If tenno are simply energy/goo/souls transferring between bodies, and completely seperate entities from warframes which are just suits, how does a tenno that was not personally subjected to Alad's experiments have access to Valkyr's personal, emotion-powered abilities just by wearing the suit? And why would a tenno that did get experimented on lose their rage powers when possessing any suit that isn't Valkyr?

You get the "parts" for valkyr not valkyr herself

WAT!? CONFIRMED LORE?! WAT!?

You said it. Symbiots.

The warframe was originally built around a Tenno, as in grown, grafted. Why? To make sure the energi found its focus, like acupunkture-points.

This is what Vor means. This is why a Tenno is needed, the warframe is indeed "alive" in the same way Ordis us alive, it Feels, evolves and remembers. Its just not Sentient like a human. The human us the Pilot-symbiot.

And What? Confirmed lore? Steve must be crazy.

Lets say the warframe adapt to the Tenno, NOT thr other way around.

We dont get to see it cause game-engine and so on, but all warframes are unique and fit around each individual body shape.

The biomass and parts shift and lock into place like Spiderman abd his Symbiot, or better yet Venom and Carnage.

One more time ...

WAT?! CONFIRMED LORE!? WAT!?

WAT!? CONFIRMED LORE?! WAT!?

You said it. Symbiots.

The warframe was originally built around a Tenno, as in grown, grafted. Why? To make sure the energi found its focus, like acupunkture-points.

This is what Vor means. This is why a Tenno is needed, the warframe is indeed "alive" in the same way Ordis us alive, it Feels, evolves and remembers. Its just not Sentient like a human. The human us the Pilot-symbiot.

And What? Confirmed lore? Steve must be crazy.

Lets say the warframe adapt to the Tenno, NOT thr other way around.

We dont get to see it cause game-engine and so on, but all warframes are unique and fit around each individual body shape.

The biomass and parts shift and lock into place like Spiderman abd his Symbiot, or better yet Venom and Carnage.

One more time ...

WAT?! CONFIRMED LORE!? WAT!?

If you think Vor is a reliable source of information (Remember Vor is Craaazy). Then that's like trusting a fanatic that is completely focused on what they believed in.

Also (forgive me for this but...) it's symbiote.

Edited by reptillicus

This very sentence explains why we are having a debate. It also explains why the debate is depressing.

No because I'm not spreading it about the forums. I gave OP a link to the wiki so he can formulate his own opinion or trust what is factually known at this point.

I just personally think that from a lore point of view, a Warframe being unique to one Tenno only is a stronger plot point.

It was confirmed earlier, but stupiditiy is strong on the Internet. They swap warframes, it's just still unclear what exactly a naked Tenno looks like. So far it seems like it's flesh with human DNA and technocyte virus infused into it, but what it looks like - no clue. Something that fits into a Nekros can't look attractive thought, that's for sure.

Nekros: 'EXCUSE ME?? Where I come from, I'm hot stuff!'

What is transferred from warframe to warframe and what is the nature of this host? And can the male/female appearance conundrum be resolved? Maybe. First, some background.

In Buddhism when one achieves the void your consciousness becomes enlightened. From that point on you cease to exist in a localised way...meaning your every where. There is no soul or mind but rather a mind stream...a unique quantum bundle made up of billions of choices from ceaseless incarnations in multiple universes. It is the mind stream that transcends. Energy and consciousness are one. Ok enough of that.

Back to the Tenno universe and is it perhaps a hint from the Dev's with the naming of the "Void", and it's pivotal role in shaping the Tenno? Could it be that the humans who were sent to the void, became infected with and overcame the technocyte virus, and transformed by the Orokin, manifest as enlightened conscious energy beings capable of taking any form? The references to the Void...the Lotus symbol....Buddhas in the Dojo burning incense...the chakra-like energy patterns...a lot of Buddhist cultural appropriation going on here. Maybe it's a hint...just saying.

The different sexes of the frames are perhaps the best forms to tune in the mind stream to have particular effects. Each warframe could be a tuned template that is grown, assembled and enabled by technocytes, Orokin technology and mutation. The mind stream, represented by the player, aka Tenno, can inhabit any physical form that is tuned to receive Tenno consciousness...in this case a warframe. The warframes gender may have something to do with different hormonal balances or energy "type" necessary to activate and focus powers. By "type" I am referring to the idea that energy or chi has female and male characteristics...like positive and negative poles of a magnet.

Just throwing some ideas out there...don't get your knickers in a knot about proofs...there is none...till that magic day the book of lore descends from the D E Creative Department

Really? Energy beings discussion again?! Dear lord have mercy...

But after reading through the thread... How come some of you think the tenno are technocyte infected?

Yeah, we need infested materials to craft frames and weapons and stuff. But no where in the game is a word about tenno being infected.

Now dont go all hayden tenno on me because he has nothing to do with us except being a hybrid tenno in the past.

He never never went to the void and back. He was infected and was able to wear/be a warframe.

Lephantis lore tells us that the orokin went all weapon and S#&$ with the virus long before we were set free. He was a failure so they stopped experiments with the virus and looked back at the tenno as a somewhat last resort.

Phorid calling us their flesh could be a possible source but he could also be refering to the infested materials we use in our frames.

Edited by sp33chle55

Well It has been confirm that the tenno are humans, It hard to say if they look comepletely human or have some disform features, sense they wear the warframes and those brown suits in the cryopods and when we rescue them from the prisons. The light vor is saying is the void energy coming from us.

Lets say I have rhino (male) but I switch to mag (female), Theres one tenno for males, one tenno for females. There the same but at the same time seperate.

From what I understand from this game everything (corpus,grineer,orokin, and tenno) are humans. There are no alians other then the supposly sentents race we fought a long time ago.

for gods sake look at 6:30 and 5:95 the tenno's are humans 

It's kind of up in the air if the old concept for DARK SECTOR - not Warframe, but a game that was redesigned into a game with a completely different setting - has any hard connections to the current Warframe universe, even IF there are uncanny similarities between the two.