Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15 An Unplayable Bug Fest

valladores

The game I love is starting to annoy the hell out of me and I'm pointing the blame solely on DE trying to rush this update without doing some basic testing on the diffrent OS that run the game. I've been unable to play this game since U15 came up due to the serious crashes I'm experiencing while loading any mission and judging from all the voices in the forum I'm not alone in my suffering.

I can understand the logic in hyping up such a major update and getting it out as soon as possible to players that eagerly await it. However, one would think that the first round of testing any game would involve testing how it runs on the different operating systems and then move on from there to work out the interface and in game issues. This game will forever be in beta because the developers have built a monster that is becoming very difficult for them to track and support, hence why the forum is rife with so many bug reports and game anomalies.

I know the game is free to play but lets be honest here, I wager most of the players have bought their fair share of plat over the years/months. I personally have fork out close to $1000 in my time so I think my rant as a loyal and paying customer is justified. For the amount of money I spent on this game I would expect it to be solid, reliable and for the developers to be diligent with their testing and not rely on the community all the time to find the problems.

I really hope that DE can fix the game crash issues I mentioned above but more importantly get the major updates right before they launch them. Warframe is lucky to have a loyal fan base but the longer these issues take to fix I guarantee that loyalty will be tested.

I really hope that DE can fix the game crash issues I mentioned above but more importantly get the major updates right before they launch them. Warframe is lucky to have a loyal fan base but the longer these issues take to fix I guarantee that loyalty will be tested.

Read and learn DE.

Some more details about the crashes you're experiencing will help get them fixed faster:

- Can you reproduce the crashes by performing specific steps? If so what are those steps?

- Are you getting a crash reporter tool popping up? If so what is the WAR-###### number it's giving you?

- What operating system and hardware are you using?

- IMPORTANT: The next time you crash you should grab your EE.log* file and send it in with a Support Ticket.

*This file contains valuable information that support staff can use to see what's happening in the game leading up to the crash. It's important you grab it immediately following a crash so it doesn't get overwritten when you start the game again.

P.S. We are beta testers. It's sort of our duty to seek out and report crashes. Yes, DE has an internal QA team, but I don't think it can cover the same ground as thousands upon thousands of players with varying hardware and software setups.

Again:
DE DOES do testing on the game before updates, but some bugs are not found during their testing.

Ever wondered why a lot of games have bugs in them? Because it flew under their radar and it can happen to this game as well.

It really seems as though people expect a 10/10 perfect bug free experience. 

Well don't expect it.

Bugs will always happen. We report them, and they get fixed. Easy as that.

So instead of posting a rant thread in the Bugs section (which by the way, you didn't point out any thread so this thread is useless), actually post the bugs you found so DE can effectively remove them.

Read and learn DE.

Loyal fanbase knows what happens when the new update comes.

Few days (sometimes weeks) after the update, the game is totaly bugged. IT'S NOTHING NEW.

It was weekend, do you work on weekends? DE will fix all the bugs as soon as possible.

Edited by Kialandi

im not sure which dev stream it was (Dev stream 35. 36. . it was the one where they showed the texture of the Corpus Helmet, Scott i think his name is) 

said somthing about, "they test this on a few old computers as well to make sure low end computers work well, to make sure everything works smoothly"", which is possibly how they know how to change things for us)

The game I love is starting to annoy the hell out of me and I'm pointing the blame solely on DE trying to rush this update without doing some basic testing on the diffrent OS that run the game. I've been unable to play this game since U15 came up due to the serious crashes I'm experiencing while loading any mission and judging from all the voices in the forum I'm not alone in my suffering.

I can understand the logic in hyping up such a major update and getting it out as soon as possible to players that eagerly await it. However, one would think that the first round of testing any game would involve testing how it runs on the different operating systems and then move on from there to work out the interface and in game issues. This game will forever be in beta because the developers have built a monster that is becoming very difficult for them to track and support, hence why the forum is rife with so many bug reports and game anomalies.

I know the game is free to play but lets be honest here, I wager most of the players have bought their fair share of plat over the years/months. I personally have fork out close to $1000 in my time so I think my rant as a loyal and paying customer is justified. For the amount of money I spent on this game I would expect it to be solid, reliable and for the developers to be diligent with their testing and not rely on the community all the time to find the problems.

I know how you feel. But im patient with DE. Theyre better than other companys. They try their best. Also they have to search what exactly causing that bug. And that takes some time too. And they have other stuff to do. Also some real life.

And you have to keep in mind that its in Open Beta. And some othrr games have more bugs in a Triple A game. Besides that they need new content after some time. Or some players will leave because they dont have something to do. Well. I got some bugs too. Crash. Restart. And more. Im okay with that i can play it. Its not game breaking

Again:

DE DOES do testing on the game before updates, but some bugs are not found during their testing.

Ever wondered why a lot of games have bugs in them? Because it flew under their radar and it can happen to this game as well.

It really seems as though people expect a 10/10 perfect bug free experience. 

Well don't expect it.

Bugs will always happen. We report them, and they get fixed. Easy as that.

So instead of posting a rant thread in the Bugs section (which by the way, you didn't point out any thread so this thread is useless), actually post the bugs you found so DE can effectively remove them.

I have no idea how invisible enemies, glitches that make the mission not finishable and so many broken hitoxes that you get stuck in debris 50% of all mission can go under the radar, im sorry but saying "we do testing" when you play 1 wave on interception is not what youre supposed to do.

Archwing has a horrible performance, enemies get constantly stuck in everything, are invisible for all players except the host and some archwing gameplay mechanics are horrible (hitscan weapons by enemies)

I dont expect a bug-free experience, but it should at least seem that  the devs want me to keep playing their game.

Edited by Genoscythe

I have no idea how invisible enemies, glitches that make the mission not finishable and so many broken hitoxes taht you get stuck in debris 50% of all mission can go under the radar, im sorry but saying "we do testing" when you play 1 wave on interception is not what youre supposed to do.

Archwing has a horrible performance, enemies get contantly stuck in everything, are invisible for all players except the host and some archwing gameplay mechanics are horrible (hitscan weapons by enemies)

I dont expect a bug-free experience, but it should at least seem that  the devs want me to keep playing their game.

Sometimes, the method by which the update goes through into the game makes certain bugs pop up and like I said, some of these bugs possibly never showed up for the devs when they tested it. 

I know this because in U14, I had only 1 bug pop up and after that I had a smooth experience through everything. So this can happen.

I don't think of DE as intentionally letting bugs through. 

What do they gain from this? 

NOTHING.

For those that have asked me to post by bug reports:

> Read my other thread on this topic

> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/330482-cant-start-any-missions-keeps-crashing-even-on-solo/?view=findpost&p=3724623

I have been playing non stop - bug free

Maybe you should consider investing some of that money in a new pc.

Peace

Really? and fork out another $1000 to fix something that was not broken to begin with?

Sometimes, the method by which the update goes through into the game makes certain bugs pop up and like I said, some of these bugs possibly never showed up for the devs when they tested it. 

I know this because in U14, I had only 1 bug pop up and after that I had a smooth experience through everything. So this can happen.

I don't think of DE as intentionally letting bugs through. 

What do they gain from this? 

NOTHING.

So you think they couldnt test that before?

I actually think they could be daring enough to let droptables bugged intentionally for a longer time to make people spend more money for plat. I have absolutely no proof for this of course but surely it would be a tactic to earn money, there are always kids that cant wait for their toys.

I have no idea how invisible enemies, glitches that make the mission not finishable and so many broken hitoxes that you get stuck in debris 50% of all mission can go under the radar, im sorry but saying "we do testing" when you play 1 wave on interception is not what youre supposed to do.

Archwing has a horrible performance, enemies get constantly stuck in everything, are invisible for all players except the host and some archwing gameplay mechanics are horrible (hitscan weapons by enemies)

Invisible enemies - I don't know about this bug.

Glitches - unfinishable missions - I don't know about this bug.

Stuck in debris - I don't know about this bug.

Horrible preformance - Not for me.

Enemies getting stuck - Yeah, I saw those.

You named 5 bugs. I encountered just ONE.

Edited by Kialandi

Looks like some good fixes are coming in the next hotfix for continued issues with 32-bit systems, Controller Ability casting in Archwing mode, and more stability overall. It is likely this hotfix will ship first thing tomorrow AM (EDT). If it is ready sooner we'll let you know.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/331599-hotfix-1504/page-11#entry3739148

:D

Invisible enemies - I don't know about this bug.

Glitches - unfinishable missions - I don't know about this bug.

Stuck in debris - I don't know about this bug.

Horrible preformance - Not for me.

Enemies getting stuck - Yeah, I saw those.

You named 5 bugs. I encountered just ONE.

Ah, ok all those forum topics about bugs are just hallucinations, just like the bugs that me and all my mates rage out. All the people complain just for fun, not because they encounter problems.

I should get treatment immediately.

I'm not entirely sure what you referencing this to.

I had said that some bugs may have never popped up for them during testing, so this would be they can't test + fix what they couldn't find.

Testing the "finshed" update that goes through into the game on an isolated group of testers, if its really the method that makes bugs appear, wouldnt take longer than a day if the testers can just rush everything.

Edited by Genoscythe

Ah, ok all those forum topics about bugs are just hallucinations, just like the bugs that me and all my mates rage out. All the people complain just for fun, not because they encounter problems.

I should get treatment immediately.

You really don't get what he's saying?

He's reinforcing my point that the devs could have never found the bugs during testing.

im not sure which dev stream it was (Dev stream 35. 36. . it was the one where they showed the texture of the Corpus Helmet, Scott i think his name is) 

said somthing about, "they test this on a few old computers as well to make sure low end computers work well, to make sure everything works smoothly"", which is possibly how they know how to change things for us)

I would love to know what they classify as an "old computer" clearly they would have been able to spot a bug like "not being able to load any mission" from a mile away if they tried testing this on a 32bit system

He's reinforcing my point that the devs could have never found the bugs during testing.

You dont get what im saying, more testing and different methods of testing can solve bugs before release, I played a ton of games which never had as many problems as Warframe, why is it the only game that has that heavy issues?

This^

Testing the "finshed" update that goes through into the game on an isolated group of testers, if its really the method that makes bugs appear, wouldnt take longer than a day if the testers can just rush everything.

This game is still in BETA.

WE are BETA TESTERS.

WE are supposed to find bugs and DE is supposed to fix them.

Pretty sure they do this as well.

Then it goes into "Bugs they can't find".

Also, there's a reason why some updates and some content patches get delayed, because they found a bug that needed fixing.

You dont get what im saying, more testing and different methods of testing can solve bugs before release, I played a ton of games which never had as many problems as Warframe, why is it the only game that has that heavy issues?

Maybe its because this dev company doesn't have the resources that most triple A titles get?

This^

This game is still in BETA.

WE are BETA TESTERS.

WE are supposed to find bugs and DE is supposed to fix them.

Excuse a game that is out for more than a year with "we are in beta". We all know that this "beta" is just an excuse for flawed content. We have full itemshop (that could use a price rework) and even the "story" and not repeatable events are on yet.

Pretty sure they do this as well.

Then it goes into "Bugs they can't find".

Also, there's a reason why some updates and some content patches get delayed, because they found a bug that needed fixing.

And delay is what what would have needed archwing. Come on, even on the livestream the devbuild was heavily bugged, come on, do you really think their version worked perfectly?

Maybe its because this dev company doesn't have the resources that most triple A titles get?

but enough to pay license costs to bring out their game on two consoles and develop it for them? I think it doesnt matter how much we speculate about their budget, we never know all the numbers.

Edited by Genoscythe