Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Imperator Questions

Evil_Brick

Question

Greetings fellow Tenno. I have a few questions about the Imperator i would like to see if you could help me with.

I never noticed having to reload during my first Archwing mission. Does it ever need a reload despite it having a magazine size?

The wiki claims the Imperator regenerates ammunition, negating a need for ammo pickups, is this definitely true?

I noticed that when firing, i cannot clearly see if i'm firing Projectiles or if the weapon is a Hitscan weapon. Sometimes i feel like i hit when aiming straight at enemies, sometimes not. Especially prominent while i'm strafing. I saw someone mention the tracers look very slow, while the weapon is actually a Hitscan weapon. What is the case? This is what i'm the most curious about.

5 answers to this question

It does not need to reload, though you do ahve to stop firing every now and again for the weapon to cool down. And though it is a hitscan, over some of the ranges you're firing it, there does seem to be a travel time for the rounds, as you're not hitscanning from 30-40 meters, but firing at distances 100-1000 meters.

It's a hitscan weapon, but also has damage fall off at extreme ranges. Sometimes I hit enemies that are 1.5km away and it does a fifth of the damage at closer ranges.

You have to lead targets some times, its not hitscan, but eh.

As far as the damage fall of, that is annoying, it really doesn't make sense and I don't like it.  There is no atmosphere to slow down the projectile so there is no velocity fall off.  The damage should be consistent.

After playing more Archwing missions (after having to abort two of them because the extraction was beyond a locked door and the last enemies wouldn't spawn. And the last enemy getting trapped in a rock), i'm still not entirely sure. It almost seems as if it is indeed Hitscan, but the accuracy is terrible when you aren't aiming down the sights or too far away. The fact that the tracers flail around like a running waterhose doesn't help things.