Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Opticor?

hijinks_the_turtle

Question

18 answers to this question

Pros

INSANELY high damage (500 base, 425 puncture)

Infinite range

Hitscan

Functionally infinite ammo

Good for crit builds (15%/2.0x)

Uneffected by Heavy Caliber

Cons

Long charge time

Cannot Precharge

Small AoE

Charging and releasing too fast causes it to jam up for a little while

Wiki for more info

So.

It's the Corpus Latron? 8D

You guys are doing it wrong, you need shred, speed trigger, and vile acceleration. Then serration, split chamber, firestorm, then two dual stat operations mods of your choice (Example: Rime Round, and thermite rounds).

What if I only have one dual stat mod?  I also don't have heavy cal, firestorm, or vile acceleration.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

What if I only have one dual stat mod?  I also don't have heavy cal, firestorm, or vile acceleration.

Don't worry, vile acceleration just came out, and firestorm can be farmed for on odd. As for heavy caliber it works really well with this weapon (because of the accuracy not being a problem and the insane damage multiplying), not necessarily the build I suggested. You could use regular elemental mods but I would require some forma.

I like the idea of stacking as much fire rate increases as possible but think Firestorm may be less valuable than Heavy Caliber since Shred provides penetration and hitting multiple enemies negates the need for a slightly larger radius.  When Shred is not active and you are only hitting a single target, Heavy Caliber will be much more valuable.  This means that Serration, Heavy Caliber, and Split Chamber form the core damage mods, while Shred, Speed Trigger, and Vile Acceleration provide the charge time boost, and 2 mods are left for elemental damage.  I am still curious about a critical build but don't see the mod space for it unless you are greatly reducing the charge time.  Anyway, looks like fun and can't wait to get it on the PS4.

So, should I sell my Lanka for this thing?  Because both seem pretty similar, and Opticor doesn't have that disorienting scope Lanka has.

It also doesn't have travel time. I would recommend Opticor over Lanka because it is hitscan, has more damage, and (IMO) is just a more fun weapon to use. 

Does it benefit from the +Range rifle mod?  I'm curious because it does at least appear to be a Beam Weapon, albeit one on a charge.

Well, I am counting it as infinite range because I was able to hit an enemy from point C when the enemy was near the elevator on Cerberus, Pluto. 

So, should I sell my Lanka for this thing?  Because both seem pretty similar, and Opticor doesn't have that disorienting scope Lanka has.

First, go use it. Get it to 30, then decide - I made the mistake of catalysing Halikar because it performed amazingly on Apollodorus, but it doesn't do that well on Pluto. Always have experience with the weapon before you make major decisions with it.