Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Channeling Problems

vaymar

So everyone knows that melee is just a way to travel fast at high level. This is a result of melee being too high in risk and too little in reward. And with it comes channeling. At the moment to me channeling is underpowered or just downright useless. Why use energy on just 50% more damage when you could just as well use it on abilitys? This is why i personaly think that channeling should have the following improvements. 

1.  Make channeling a variable. Channeling should be a factor on the viability of a weapon. Such as maby daggers (witch at the moment are just trash because there is nothing special about them) having a channeling multiplier of 3x.

1,1 If channeling wont be a variable then at least make the multiplier 2x. I mean come on 1,5x?

2. Give channeling more of a personality, at the moment channeling is boring to me, its just a damage boost. Thats why i think that a couple of things need to bet done. Channeling should give an attack speed boost. Also if you want melee to even be close to endgame viable then channeling should have a percentage of life drain. Thats right i think the life drain and quickening mods of melee should go right in the trash and the effect has to go innately on channeling.

3. Get rid of the energy efficiency trade off for channeling mods. This might cause people to actualy put those mods in certain builds instead of never looking at them again. The base energy cost plus the mod slot is enough already

My concept is open for change so i appreciate any feedback, please let me know what you think

How about special channeling combos that have higher base multipliers then normal combos. Say Dakra Primes base combos have 3 times multiplier by default and when you use you channeling optimized combo you deal 8times damage or something.

Now that would be treading dangerously close to being OP, but i like the idea

Yes! Yes! Yes! Someone else who feels the same. There are so many weapons that have been made trash by the removal of charge, and I've always thought they should be better at channeling. Like the Galatine. It's still fun, but it isn't very good any more, and if it had a huge channeling damage buff it could be useable. Also, the More still references it's charge ability in it's description, and it would be so cool to see it return by channeling pure toxin damage. Or the heat swords could also channel pure heat damage. I feel like channeling has been totally forgotten, even though it is totally crucial to a purr melee build. I think the problem with daggers, though, is lack of attack speed. A ninja should be able to seeing a knife as fast as he can slap someone, of as fast as a miner swings a pickaxe.

Edited by (PS4)HerrBlacksmith