Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing: Such Bittersweet Love.

Raithon07

Okay, so I already love space ninjas (thanks DE) and ive had a love for space simulatiors.

archwing makes a few major mistakes but as far as functinality, with polish will be a GREAT mode.

Enemies: okay so there is a really weird difficulty curve. ive noticed some lvl 5 stuff rips me a new bunghole, and some lvl 30 stuff dose not. o.O (still cant figure that out) ive noticed with the low lvl stuff that hurts, it auto targets like no other making my tenno self look like a clutz when shooting dodging and going mach 4 seems to have no effect. this kinda needs to be changed to shooting cones, or something.

UI: as far as the UI goes. hoooooley crap please put a different mini map. its useless for people who have no 3 dimensional bearing. i could get away with it most of the time but alot of people have a hard time with it. im thinking that trick you guys use to make videos apear in the codex or in context messages could be used to make a better holographic map. if you have to look at flight sims based on real planes? or better yet real planes? good sims have done this. makes it epic.(and probaly a hair pulling moment for pablo and dorian but rember we really do love these guys.)

targeting needs to light up eneimes , i know pablo was probaly worried about clutter. but when you have something blasting you RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND YOU CANT SEE IT  its kinda silly there is NOTHING on the ui poping up going HEY MASSIVE DAMAGE COMING FROM YOUR PROSTERIE.  3000 meters is probaly where you guys have the standard radar caped witch for new players to archwing on the very first mission was horrible to go though. Also in close quarters and long range fighting, im frequently seeing eniemes just not be targetable. Bottom line, if something is attacking you it should have a red threat icon on it(probaly dotted red line). your last damaged target or primary target should be solid red line. and always visible on the ui in some shape or form thats easy to spot with your perefiral vision. if its NOT on your ui, it should be a dodgable attack. (lets face it archwings are fast and they should feel as such when in combat when broke &#! grineer beam cannons shoot you out of the sky WILE DODGING it detracts from the feeling that your tenno. or less space ninja-ey)

The camera shake needs to have an option to turn off to. i have medical issues with archwing boosting. makes me almost sick to my stomach to get through a mission i have to boost through.

im not sure if  any of this was intientional or a bugs but i consider this feedback. DE do the job i know you will and forge a masterpeice. :D

targeting needs to light up eneimes , i know pablo was probaly worried about clutter. but when you have something blasting you RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND YOU CANT SEE IT  its kinda silly there is NOTHING on the ui poping up going HEY MASSIVE DAMAGE COMING FROM YOUR PROSTERIE.  3000 meters is probaly where you guys have the standard radar caped witch for new players to archwing on the very first mission was horrible to go though. Also in close quarters and long range fighting, im frequently seeing eniemes just not be targetable.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Radar

I won't disagree some enemies are hard to see, but Auras work with Archwing, so just slap that on and it solves a lot of your issues there.

Also what's your medical issue? Never heard of death by camera shake. Not attacking you, just curious.

Edited by WhiteCopain

I was hoping to find a sticky for Archwing feedback, but I guess this will have to do.

To start off with, I have to say I love this mode. It's just a rush for me.

But, like this thread says, it's a bit bittersweet. Obviously some of these things will be addressed over time, but I want to point out some other suggestions I have as well.

1) It needs Auto-Loot

Loot piling up on the ground in the normal game is fine. It's satisfying to run through a treasure hoard of items dropped by a wave of enemies, it encourages exploration, and it positively encourages the group to mostly stay together. Archwing is different though. A lot of people are suggesting a built-in Loot Radar and such, but I don't think that really solves the problem. The maps are massive and they have a new axis. It's just not feasible to hunt down loot in that situation. All the reasons to have manual looting are pretty much irrelevant in Archwing, and there are plenty of reasons to do the opposite. Health, Energy, and Affinity Orbs can still drop in the world, but I think everything else should auto-loot.

2) It needs more loot.

I was so busy trying to absorb the new experiences, I didn't realize it until I came to the forums, but... Archwing doesn't drop anything other than mods. In a game that requires so much resource grinding in order to do most things, that's kind of a problem. Maybe there was a fear that running around collecting such loot would make Archwing awkward... but it's necessary. Just put in resource drops and use my previous suggestion.

3) It feels a little too separate

For some reason the streams stick perpetually loading for me, so I don't know a lot of the behind the scenes for this, but I was under the impression that Archwing was originally pitched as something that would occasionally happen in missions, interrupting your mission. I understand some of the reasons this was changed, but I almost feel like it went too much in the other extreme. Right now Archwing feels completely tacked on, and almost pointless to play, especially with the previous point. I understand some people aren't going to want to play Archwing, but I feel there needs to be at least some overlap. Perhaps consider reintroducing your mission being interrupted as a rare occurrence, but as a trade-off for people who don't like Archwing, make it where you will keep anything you gained up until that point if you fail the Archwing segment. For that to properly work, however, there needs to be more crossover between mods (and maybe have some emergency Archwing for people who haven't done the quest), which I think needs to be done. I can't help feel that the hard split between the Warframe and Archwing was not made for gameplay reasons. Having a segment of your game feeling tacked on will only cause problems in the future.

4) Allowing Sentinels would be cool

This isn't any kind of necessity, but I think it would help with my previous point, plus, it would just be kinda neat. Just have the Sentinel attach to the Archwing like it attaches to us, and focus more on covering our backs than normal. The only problem with this is how it would conflict with my first point, but I think having to figure out what to do with the Carrier Sentinel is a small price to pay for everything else.

5) Progression is inconsistent

I want to point out that this is not just an Archwing problem, but it's exaggerated it. When trying to level, doing anything other than an endless mission is pretty much a joke. Right now, Archwing only has one such mission type. That may not be seen as too much of a problem right now, because leveling up your first Archwing/Warframe doesn't really need to be fast, but the speed becomes a grind pretty quickly upon repetition. I'd suggest perhaps adding some "Veteran" buff that speeds up affinity gain for an equipment type you've maxed before (Warframe, Rifle, Shotgun, Sentinel, etc.), or perhaps make it where mastery ranks give slight increases to affinity gain. In general though, the rewards for non-endless missions (for Archwing and normal gameplay) really need to be looked at. I love the interior Archwing missions, but it just feels pointless when I can just sit in Interception for awhile and get so much more out of it.

Edited by Jokubas