Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Drahk Masters And Ballista: Proff Warframe Enemies Are Evolving

The_Sharp_Demonologist

Hey Everyone here i am, Krauserlols, once again with a new apreciation post, i just want to take a moment to praise the sun! i mean praise DE for what they are going with the new units.

tumblr_mzh0hqMANs1qfaa86o1_400.gif

Its fun how thinks change isnt it? Ballisticas used to be one of the worst, no, the worst unit in Grineer platoons. Now this *@##$es tear through Shields as if they where made of paper. 

The day the Bulkar was buffed i got a really nasy surprice, i was trying some builds for my Dark Dagger (before i sold it) and was focusing on a Shield Lancer, with the low range of the dagger and its slooooow attack speed you can figure out how frustrating it was to kill him. After killing him i started to teabag him CoD style just to drown some frustration i supose and to my surprice my shields get disabled suddenly, i though i was alone since there was only one target left on that extermination.

To my surprice that lone unit was a little Ballistica, shooting me down some stairs, naturally i rushed toward her with my dagger and she downed my health in half with the second shot, by the time i got to here and started to swing the dagger the third shot killed me, poor Ember didnt had a chance. 

With their increased Impact damage now these little girls can truly fufill their support role since with a single shot they can down your shields (or most of it) so the other lancers can easily take you out. Also recently i have seen her staying further away from the fight, like the Drahk Masters now. Not much but they are often found alone and far away of her friends taking shots at slow Tennos.

Now the Drahk Masters bring new cards to the table, these cards are the new disarming mechanic and the Drahks. 

With their new Steam Powered boomerangs these guys can steal your guns, forcing you to addapt to the situation, not just that they can also Block Melee attacks and are much more mobile than their normal comrades. And the Drahks are also an interrestig idea, so long as the Drahk Master is alive he can summon up to four of this mutants and if you kill them he will just summon more, suck on that PETA. 

These two units represent a new era for Warframe. Now Gunfights are becoming much more varied, in prolonged fights its no longer just shooting everything you have in front of you. Now we are getting tactical objectives because if you just ignore those two you could be quickly overun but Drahks or your shields will be worhtless as Ballistas will keep mowing em down.

On that not that is fxing an issue with Snipers on the game, you see being a sniper in warframe was kinda pointless due to how fast you needed to kill everything in your path. Now in say defence, Interception or any other tactical mode your friends can focus on the objective while you the Sniper have something important to do: You need to take down the big threads.

Maybe your friendly Mag is too busy killing Energy carries to fill the Excabation machine so she doesnt notice the ballistica shooting at her, Mag is all about dem shields (and &#! too) so you and your Vectis quickly shoot her down before she can tear Mag's &#! *cough* shield i mean shield! Or maybe your friend Frost is too busy dealng with an overwelming number of Drahks and other melee units inside his snowglobe so to ease his pain you take down the Drak Masters with your shiny Sniperton Vandal. 

Thank you DE for this advancement! keep the good ideas flowing and hearing the fans of course! 

Comment your own stories with these two or overall findings during the game.

So far, I haven't seen many overall tactics changes, though I've been running COrpus Excavation and Archwing in general, so I haven't seen many of the new Grineer Goons.

Since im a corpus supporter i fight the Grineer all the time so i have seen some stuff :D

154_by_yuikami_da-d6xyih6.jpg

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

This is exactly the problem of this game in a nutshell. While all the real gamers rage from weapon disappearing from the map, chainstuns from homocommanders and heavies and instakills by 50 leveld Ballistics with cheap aimbot somewhere at Phobos survival, someone enjoys these disastrous implementations in some autisitc solo exterminate missions against low-tier enemies. The devs then read this approving post and think that they did everything right, as they, apparently have no idea what happens when enemies get above level 30 and conclude that those who disapprove need to git gud. And so more of that cheap "challenge" come.

This is exactly the problem of this game in a nutshell. While all the real gamers rage from weapon disappearing from the map, chainstuns from homocommanders and heavies and instakills by 50 leveld Ballistics with cheap aimbot somewhere at Phobos survival, someone enjoys these disastrous implementations in some autisitc solo exterminate missions against low-tier enemies. The devs then read this approving post and think that they did everything right, as they, apparently have no idea what happens when enemies get above level 30 and conclude that those who disapprove need to git gud. And so more of that cheap "challenge" come.

If your talking about how Enemies get super strong with the infinite number of increases on endless missions like Defence, i ignore that cause trying to balance toward an infinite number is just worthless.

If you mean actualy high lv normal missions then i suppose i should test them again but the few times i have met Ballisticas they only deal massive damage to shields but to your actual warframe its gonna need more than one shot to kill you. Gonna test it some wheni get home.

Now who you say can chainstun you? not the Drahk master nor the Ballistica has Stuns, not even the Drahks themselves. Yes Bombards are still annoying with their constant nockdowns and Hellions can still chainstun you with endless waves of bullS#&$ missiles but this thread is not about them. I got something else for them later.

EDIT:

You know what you men inspired me, next up im going to do a thread about the good Units and the cheap ones

53331056.jpg

Edited by The_Sharp_Demonologist

I'm not talking about doing missions endlessly, but every mode should be manageable, including survival/defence for a reasonably long duration (at least until first rotation C). Now you have all chances of getting your &#! kicked before the first rotation, unless you're at Rhino with packed Soma/Boltor P. And that new disarming pish makes the outcome of a match questionable even with such loadout.

I don't get the camp that wants the game to never have any challenging elements. If you are struggling with knockdowns, equip MODs to combat that and make sure you're constantly moving to cover instead of merely standing there and hoping for the best. The game is manageable to 60 Waves Defense or 50 minutes Survival if you are in a co-ordinated, geared, and game-savvy group. How much more beyond that should the developers balance for?

For PUGs I find that about half the above is doable if the other members are geared but 15 Waves / 15 minutes is also fine. Always remember that the developers cannot balance for a subpar group of random people if they also want to have a challenging game for the players who form a group, plan their Warframe / MOD selection and run as a team.

I don't get the camp that wants the game to never have any challenging elements.

M8, I don't get the likes of you who call cheap killbutton a "challenge". Challenge is when you are being put into conditions where you have to met certain requirements and manage to perform certain actions in order to progress/avoid defeat. How the F*** bleeding proc/toxic proc, one shot-kill by an enemy that fires through the whole map and never misses, other pish depends on your action. Like, let's imagine, I play as Mag and I manage to perform good enough to never have my shields down. But simple attacks from the most basic mobs have a chance to inflict bleeding wound. And if it does so few times in a row, I die. So what exactly was the challenge here that I did not pass: to be lucky enough to never get proced by slash? That's statistically not possible, m8. Maybe not to be hit by a single bullet in a game that spawns literally infinite numbers of enemies in almost infinite numbers of locations around you? I very much doubt anyone can do this. Can you?

Inb4: you play only on Rhino and do not know what is bleeding proc

Edited by Ska-boo

M8s, I don't get the likes of you who call cheap killbutton a "challenge". Challenge is when you are being put into conditions where you have to met certain requirements and manage to perform certain actions in order to progress/avoid defeat. How the F*** bleeding proc/toxic proc, one shot-kill by an enemy that fires through the whole map and never misses, other pish depends on your action. Like, let's imagine, I play as Mag and I manage to perform good enough to never have my shields down. But simple attacks from the most basic mobs have a chance to inflict bleeding wound. And if it does so few times in a row, I die. So what is exactly was the challenge here that I did not pass: to be lucky enough to never get proced by slash? That's statistically not possible, m8. Maybe not to be hit by a single bullet in a game that spawns literally infinite numbers of enemies in almost infinite numbers of locations around you? I very much doubt anyone can do this. Can you?

Inb4: you play only on Rhino and do not know what is bleeding proc

Did you misunderstand his comment? He said he doesn't understand why people don't want any challenging elements.