Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next Big Update Should Center Around Gameplay And Fixing Old Stuff.

omegaskorpion

Well, let's start some sort of online petition and send it to DE. I have to agree with the main idea of this thread completely, and I will be quite annoyed if I never see anything done about this. I'm not sure where one goes to start a petition of this sort though, so someone more internet savvy than myself will probably have to start it.

every revolutionaly thing has people behind it 

i dunno- i think you vets are just salty.

As a "new" player (200 hrs), a lot of the issues the vets complain about aren't really that apparent. Nothing ive encountered seemed so broken or unbalanced that i couldnt enjoy it. The one thing that IS apparent after a few hours- is that the game is very repetitive. I enjoy it immensely, but its obviously a grind of repetitive content.

DE is addressing that most obvious issue with WF -variety of content. i dont see anything wrong with that. AW is awesome. Syndicates are awesome. Its what WF needs the MOST right now.

People that have played the game the most (even from the start in some cases) see most of the issues better than new players.

Nothing realy is compleatly broken but, lets say lacking: laucher issues, stealth absense, weapon and mod balance that is from arse, parkcour that realy isn't parcouring and more about jumping to wall and sudenly super jumping from it to other direction uncontrollably.

Issues cant be fixed with variety, things like bugs and crashes arent going away by adding new stuff, in reality it increases the amount of things that delopers have to fix.

example of things that are broken or incompleat:

stealth

gore

balance

launcher

UI

enemy AI and scaling

prime gear

mods

parkcour

repedetive can be fun (killing floor is example) but if its not working, its not fun

Edited by omegaskorpion

I am a fairly new player to this game and I can already see a lot of the potential this game has, but I can already see a lot of pitfalls in the gameplay that have been overlooked as the OP has mentioned.

I don't think that it is out of the question to ask for gameplay overhauls, but people need to realize that large changes like this take a lot of time and resources with a lot of potentially negative implications if implemented incorrectly. 

Hopefully we'll get some form of acknowledgement that this is being looked into and that the state of the game as is needs to be refined a little bit.  I'm sure people are patient enough to wait it out if it's going to be beneficial to the player base in the long term.

I am a fairly new player to this game and I can already see a lot of the potential this game has, but I can already see a lot of pitfalls in the gameplay that have been overlooked as the OP has mentioned.

I don't think that it is out of the question to ask for gameplay overhauls, but people need to realize that large changes like this take a lot of time and resources with a lot of potentially negative implications if implemented incorrectly. 

Hopefully we'll get some form of acknowledgement that this is being looked into and that the state of the game as is needs to be refined a little bit.  I'm sure people are patient enough to wait it out if it's going to be beneficial to the player base in the long term.

yes, gameplay overhauls are hard to make and need time, but in this case it would be good if DE would make big update meant for fixes.

DE doesnt seem to take fixing as their main objective since they make more new stuff.

some times its because of players, they want new stuff more than fixing.

uhm hello how about a 3 month old bastille bug where Ancient infested head meshes vanish when they are held up in the field? or how some enemies can just walk out of bastille even though they were held up and there is still time left on the ability? or how hydroids puddle breaks enemy AI and most won't fall into the puddle on their own?

etc

etc

etc

uhm hello how about a 3 month old bastille bug where Ancient infested head meshes vanish when they are held up in the field? or how some enemies can just walk out of bastille even though they were held up and there is still time left on the ability? or how hydroids puddle breaks enemy AI and most won't fall into the puddle on their own?

etc

etc

etc

well bastille has enemy limit, so if there is too many enemys they can leave the bastille when others enter.

acient bug, AI break yes.

How about that 1 year old bug where grineer gunners and scorpions face disapear all the time, they hardly seem to have face.

All those wall running bugs, where you run and sudenly you have been shooted to outer space.

those random gore parts where grineer scorpions have addional grineer lancer torso ribcase in their body.

Or that enemys have multible body parts when they have been cutted to peaces.

There is still no stealth kill for moas.

there is still no stealth, only gimmick.

Those data masses are still disapearing and som times get stuck when you "load them" in to the "system".

Fps drops in orokin derelict.

Many players still have laucher issues.

the list goes on and many things need to be solved.

Edited by omegaskorpion

The majority of vets know that any game that involves some form of farming will always be a grind.

You can have random map generators all the time but a set pattern will always appear.

Warframe is in essence a third person shooter dungeon crawler hack and slash that is similar to the games like the Elder Scrolls. 

Just with less RPG factors but more on looking sleek.

But a grind will still be a grind.

The core issue is to make the grind enjoyable. 

That is how dungeon crawlers or loot fest games make it tick.

But DE has not really gotten this down to pat, yet.

And while there isn't anything that is so game breaking broken, the vets know there are issues that need to be addressed.

Like frame balance (Frost, Ember nekros etc)

Weapon balance. Yes we chosen a progressive system, but the progress system is borked at the moment, like rank 2s running around with Boltor primes. Or Supra a rank 7 gun being average, if you are a very forgiving player like me of course.

Old memory leaks (getting better !)

The strict NAT that occurs still on and off. 

Semi autos sucking absolutely balls with anyone with less than 120 fps.

For example your brakk will have awesome 80k dps on paper.

But in reality if u chug at 60 frames, you will be lucky to get even half the DPS.

At 40 you are doing 1/3 the DPS.

But luckily for the Brakk, it does so much front loaded damage that you can ignore those flaws.

Other semis like Vastos, Magnus, Bolto, Acrid etc ?

Not so lucky dude.

Just to name a few.

exactly, fps drops affect gameplay.

weapon balance and rankin has been from the arse last years. Worst part is that we cant make older, or weaker guns better.

In order to make grinding or farming fun, the gameplay needs to top notch, so good that you dont even care if you grind, since you want to play.

to make core game more fun, parcour, stealth, weapons balance, frame balance, melee, bugs and leaks need to be adressed.

How ever devs have used their man power mostly on new stuff, wich creates good things...

...and bunch of new problems and old game gets even more broken.

How ever devs have used their man power mostly on new stuff, wich creates good things...

Sorry, but you don't know that. Nobody knows that. We have no idea what manpower gets used on what things, how much new content requires, or how much fixing things requires.

For example, making new content requires artists and animators, who may not be involved in fixing old content. Making new content requires programmers just like fixing old content, but we don't know which programmers do what, if the same skillsets are ever required, or how their manpower is divided, or anything like that. 

It's all well and good to say something like that, but it's far from accurate. 

Sorry, but you don't know that. Nobody knows that. We have no idea what manpower gets used on what things, how much new content requires, or how much fixing things requires.

For example, making new content requires artists and animators, who may not be involved in fixing old content. Making new content requires programmers just like fixing old content, but we don't know which programmers do what, if the same skillsets are ever required, or how their manpower is divided, or anything like that. 

It's all well and good to say something like that, but it's far from accurate. 

Yes, its not the whole truth, but it just seems like that, since so much new contents is coming all the time that we hardly see old content getting fixed, some times it gets fixed but not completely. Melee 2.0 was good try to fix melee but now melee is more of spamming combos and combos don't have impact like in other games.

but old bugs like grineer females face disappearing bug has been here for long time and haven't been touched.

so i can only think that they have used most of the time to make new stuff. but i can only assume.

Eh, you are not quite understanding how DE works.

It's Steeve getting a new idea after taking some inspiration=>New content, fixing bugs that prevents you from ability to pass through new content (1 success out of 12 counts as good fix) and nerfs based on how people climb up on the leaderboards.

Not only Steeve but also the design team. They create new ideas that animators, coders made into content, they fix few bugs here and there and release new stuff, then fix all the bugs it creates. (simplyfied story, but there is more than just that)

How ever, DE has prioritised new content, but has been ignoring the old content and fixes mostly the minor things (and sometimes bigger things)

How Ever the core game haven't been fixed.

parkcour

enemys and their AI

Balance

laucher

matchmaking

mods and their balance

melee

weapon sound (some may not agree)

music (getting better)

very old bugs (like the female grineer faces constant disappearing)

physics (frost, trinity, volt still don't have coat physics)

gore (random body parts and moas still wont break to peaces)

stealth

launcher issues (i dont have them, but i constantly hear that others have them)

FPS drops.

Some of this may sound like things that need their own updates, but most of this needs to be addressed (in my oppinion) in big update to fix the game core. 

i writed little about grinding problems that are happening right now. (like how rare resources are almost impossible to get from bosses or 45m survival)

(i would not touch this subject if it didn't go out of controll like this, even worse is that base game isnt fixed so grinding is even more pain in the &#!)

Edited by omegaskorpion

I agree with the premise, but not a lot of the details.  A balance pass and the addition of more challenging content would be much appreciated.

Stealth could use some work, but it has come a long way.  I don't think melee needs any more work, especially after melee 2.0.  It's fine as it is.

Weapons should be explicitly tiered, so that each weapon has a place in the game.  Right now, 90% of the weapons are cool, but pointless.  There's another weapon which is better in every way, and that limits variety of gameplay.

The major problem at this point is that some players are vastly more power than either other players or any of the game's content.  The biggest reason for that is that mods are too powerful, and the spread between fully upgraded mods and halfway upgraded mods is too high.  I say this as someone with basically all the mods fully upgraded.  When you get base damage to about 8 ranks, there aren't any enemies on the star chart which are challenging anymore.  Also, when you show up to a match, everyone else is just following in your wake as you slaughter everything in sight.

Suspicious shipments went a long way to fixing this problem by increasing enemy damage to the point where you had to be thoughtful and careful, no matter how much damage you did.  It got hugely positive feedback from the community.  I would be thrilled if DE reintroduced this very fun game mode, even it it just meant maybe a 50% higher drop rate on rare mats and mods or something.  Give players a reason to challenge themselves.  Give us some content that a veteran player might actually lose against.

Edited by azmyth1

I agree with the premise, but not a lot of the details.  A balance pass and the addition of more challenging content would be much appreciated.

Stealth could use some work, but it has come a long way.  I don't think melee needs any more work, especially after melee 2.0.  It's fine as it is.

Weapons should be explicitly tiered, so that each weapon has a place in the game.  Right now, 90% of the weapons are cool, but pointless.  There's another weapon which is better in every way, and that limits variety of gameplay.

The major problem at this point is that some players are vastly more power than either other players or any of the game's content.  The biggest reason for that is that mods are too powerful, and the spread between fully upgraded mods and halfway upgraded mods is too high.  I say this as someone with basically all the mods fully upgraded.  When you get base damage to about 8 ranks, there aren't any enemies on the star chart which are challenging anymore.  Also, when you show up to a match, everyone else is just following in your wake as you slaughter everything in sight.

Suspicious shipments went a long way to fixing this problem by increasing enemy damage to the point where you had to be thoughtful and careful, no matter how much damage you did.  It got hugely positive feedback from the community.  I would be thrilled if DE reintroduced this very fun game mode, even it it just meant maybe a 50% higher drop rate on rare mats and mods or something.  Give players a reason to challenge themselves.  Give us some content that a veteran player might actually lose against.

i higly agree with you.

Some of my suggestions arent best and are just to give some ideas for fixes.

how ever i disagree with melee, melee combat still dont have that impact that it should give, right now players run aroun spamming F and killing enemys every where.

Melee enemys need fix and melee needs to have 2 button combos in my ideas, maybe even light and heavy attacks (maybe)

also combos would need some combo completion reward (so the combo using would be more meaning full)

(knock down to enemys and stuff)

Edited by omegaskorpion

I agree that the game needs quite a few changes to get completely back on its feet. However, I've seen a few people here say that we need massive changes. While the actual quantity of needed changes is quite large, I think huge bundles of 2.0-style fixes is the wrong way to go about it. What we need are frequent, regular adjustments to the most glaring issues. For example, should the colorblind locker change really have taken the better part of a year? Is there a reason why the Boltor Prime can't be given a higher mastery prerequisite next week? I don't think that DE needs to devote a single huge update to balance changes. (They don't, even when they say they will anyway.) they need to just start making balance changes. Sure, some weapons will remain imbalanced for longer than others, but constant feedback given throughout the process affords us a better chance at a properly balanced end-product.

I agree that the game needs quite a few changes to get completely back on its feet. However, I've seen a few people here say that we need massive changes. While the actual quantity of needed changes is quite large, I think huge bundles of 2.0-style fixes is the wrong way to go about it. What we need are frequent, regular adjustments to the most glaring issues. For example, should the colorblind locker change really have taken the better part of a year? Is there a reason why the Boltor Prime can't be given a higher mastery prerequisite next week? I don't think that DE needs to devote a single huge update to balance changes. (They don't, even when they say they will anyway.) they need to just start making balance changes. Sure, some weapons will remain imbalanced for longer than others, but constant feedback given throughout the process affords us a better chance at a properly balanced end-product.

Yep, DE needs to make changes between updates too, how ever i think that 1 massive update would not do bad either (or would it?)

I am here since around update 5 and after every major update the excact same post . 1 year + still the same thing along with the absence of the "endgame" the only answer i can i give you it will happen sooner than the apocalypse

I've been saying this for weeks. been playing since update 6 myself and its literally the same thing.

They HAVE done some things though but ultimately it still feels whatever.

Melee 2.5 with the directional melee sort of rounded out the melee system? I still don't agree with pressing 1 button to do "combos" its really more of the same of what we had before but more flashy. I just don't really care about melee 2.0 related stuff. It really added nothing for me since I can't clear out a room in seconds by meleeing vs. just shooting a gun. 

The damage 2.0 update was pretty cool but it ended up turning the game on its head and making it even easier to kill things. No mods were actually adjusted when this came about which is really shocking considering how much it broke the game.

The armor and health adjustments to enemies that was done in a previous update as well as the new update with planets having level scales that make sense. 

What really attracted my attention to this game in the first place was the parkour. This hasn't been built on really aside from being able to vault over certain things and honestly I'm not entirely sure if a rework of this system would even improve my interest in the game at all. 

Lots of new enemy types have been released since closed beta and its definitely added to the game in some sort of way. Though the new enemies were cool at first its honestly losing its charm in my eyes. It honestly doesn't matter how new and different an enemy is when its either running straight at you or sitting still and getting shot to death. There are literally so many different types of ways to do new enemies but it hasn't been done yet. For example, what about an enemy that lies in wait up in a ceiling somewhere and jumps down and ambushes you? What about enemies that can actually jump around and parkour to take you out? What about enemies that can blind you or slow you down when you're running through a mission? 

They added a new grineer unit that can disarm you and while that makes the game harder its sort of a cop out when the AI is still just as dumb as ever and completely non-threatening unless you're doing something stupid like a long survival mission or defense or something. The point is that enemies need to be smarter and pose more of a threat(and no I'm not talking about invincibility phases like Ruk.) 

The energy system needs to be reworked as well. Using warframe abilities is so mindless that most of the time you don't even need to look at how much energy you have to know that you can use whatever skill you have. Having the ability to just spam your most powerful moves is sort of game breaking in some cases and enforces this whole thing where you can play the same mission forever. As long as you have certain warframes present in your team for whatever you're about to go do then you're pretty much guaranteeing yourself to stay in a mission doing mind numbing defense or survival for a long period of time. This doesn't compliment the whole design of warframe at all seeing as it pigeon holes you into only taking certain frames instead of utilizing any one of the other frames. Some people will just laugh at you in some cases and tell you to leave if you don't have the frame that they want. 

I can understand and respect the fact that some warframes excel in crowd control and that its their entire purpose. But having complete domination  over the game seriously ruins the experience if you ask me. You're literally taking whatever makes the game challenging (which is really not that much) and just throwing it away. Maybe this would be ok if it was actually hard to pull off but no its really easy and turns the game into a 30+min waiting game if you're doing defense. Just sit back and watch crap run to the pod and shoot it or spam abilities.  Gee, that sure was fun! Lets do that again for another few hours until my stuff is leveled up.

I'm sick of seeing all this new content being blanketed on top of the game when really the thing that would really get me playing again is if the game offered something more for a challenge besides grinding for new gear that I'm just going to level and sell.

In a lot of games that have RPG elements you can get that satisfaction of doing something hard or challenging and you can feel rewarded at the end of of the day. Where in warframe the entire challenge and reward is going through a bunch of grind to get something thats going to end up in the garbage anyways or just completely unused. There are hardly times where you can say you're impressed by something that happened when you're playing the game. Clearing entire rooms and hordes of enemies in one skill is only cool so many times before it just feels unfair and like you cheated. Then when you finally get to the end of the mission you don't get what you came for and you have a billion resources that you aren't going to use any time soon. Oh and since update 15 you get a nice little teenie tiny amount of reputation if you had your ugly sigil on.

There really is a lot more stuff I can complain about but thats all I'm going to bother typing out for now.

Edited by grillv20

I've been saying this for weeks. been playing since update 6 myself and its literally the same thing.

They HAVE done some things though but ultimately it still feels whatever.

Melee 2.5 with the directional melee sort of rounded out the melee system? I still don't agree with pressing 1 button to do "combos" its really more of the same of what we had before but more flashy. I just don't really care about melee 2.0 related stuff. It really added nothing for me since I can't clear out a room in seconds by meleeing vs. just shooting a gun. 

The damage 2.0 update was pretty cool but it ended up turning the game on its head and making it even easier to kill things. No mods were actually adjusted when this came about which is really shocking considering how much it broke the game.

The armor and health adjustments to enemies that was done in a previous update as well as the new update with planets having level scales that make sense. 

What really attracted my attention to this game in the first place was the parkour. This hasn't been built on really aside from being able to vault over certain things and honestly I'm not entirely sure if a rework of this system would even improve my interest in the game at all. 

Lots of new enemy types have been released since closed beta and its definitely added to the game in some sort of way. Though the new enemies were cool at first its honestly losing its charm in my eyes. It honestly doesn't matter how new and different an enemy is when its either running straight at you or sitting still and getting shot to death. There are literally so many different types of ways to do new enemies but it hasn't been done yet. For example, what about an enemy that lies in wait up in a ceiling somewhere and jumps down and ambushes you? What about enemies that can actually jump around and parkour to take you out? What about enemies that can blind you or slow you down when you're running through a mission? 

They added a new grineer unit that can disarm you and while that makes the game harder its sort of a cop out when the AI is still just as dumb as ever and completely non-threatening unless you're doing something stupid like a long survival mission or defense or something. The point is that enemies need to be smarter and pose more of a threat(and no I'm not talking about invincibility phases like Ruk.) 

The energy system needs to be reworked as well. Using warframe abilities is so mindless that most of the time you don't even need to look at how much energy you have to know that you can use whatever skill you have. Having the ability to just spam your most powerful moves is sort of game breaking in some cases and enforces this whole thing where you can play the same mission forever. As long as you have certain warframes present in your team for whatever you're about to go do then you're pretty much guaranteeing yourself to stay in a mission doing mind numbing defense or survival for a long period of time. This doesn't compliment the whole design of warframe at all seeing as it pigeon holes you into only taking certain frames instead of utilizing any one of the other frames. Some people will just laugh at you in some cases and tell you to leave if you don't have the frame that they want. 

I can understand and respect the fact that some warframes excel in crowd control and that its their entire purpose. But having complete domination  over the game seriously ruins the experience if you ask me. You're literally taking whatever makes the game challenging (which is really not that much) and just throwing it away. Maybe this would be ok if it was actually hard to pull off but no its really easy and turns the game into a 30+min waiting game if you're doing defense. Just sit back and watch crap run to the pod and shoot it or spam abilities.  Gee, that sure was fun! Lets do that again for another few hours until my stuff is leveled up.

I'm sick of seeing all this new content being blanketed on top of the game when really the thing that would really get me playing again is if the game offered something more for a challenge besides grinding for new gear that I'm just going to level and sell.

In a lot of games that have RPG elements you can get that satisfaction of doing something hard or challenging and you can feel rewarded at the end of of the day. Where in warframe the entire challenge and reward is going through a bunch of grind to get something thats going to end up in the garbage anyways or just completely unused. There are hardly times where you can say you're impressed by something that happened when you're playing the game. Clearing entire rooms and hordes of enemies in one skill is only cool so many times before it just feels unfair and like you cheated. Then when you finally get to the end of the mission you don't get what you came for and you have a billion resources that you aren't going to use any time soon. Oh and since update 15 you get a nice little teenie tiny amount of reputation if you had your ugly sigil on.

There really is a lot more stuff I can complain about but thats all I'm going to bother typing out for now.

Exactly, main game has not been fixed, what is game without its core mechanics and balance?

i would realy also hope that de would look at their ability section and casting, i think energy should be replaced with timers and add some abilitys that can be used by any frame.

if ability would be "customizable" like in ME2-3 it would be darn cool.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

/sarcasm

Sarcasm, it's not in DE's best interest to fix things.

Doesn't mean it isn't welcome though.

indeed

Edited by omegaskorpion

Unfortunately new content takes front seat to anything that they do as far as developements. They seem to be more in line with putting their entire team on making new things rather than just improving older things. Which is really just plain terrible in the major scope of things. All they would have to do is sit down as a whole and sift through the forums and read post after post of every little thing that people post about to get a general idea of what needs to be done. Again, unfortunately this won't ever happen and we will keep getting these stupid "community hot topic" threads each month about stuff that isn't the hot topic and get ignored completely. I think it was you who had something like a 1000+ post thread that was completely ignored all together and when the hot topic thread of the month came around it was fully ignored. Even though that was the hottest thread on the forums at the time. Its disgusting.

Edited by grillv20

Unfortunately new content takes front seat to anything that they do as far as developements. They seem to be more in line with putting their entire team on making new things rather than just improving older things. Which is really just plain terrible in the major scope of things. All they would have to do is sit down as a whole and sift through the forums and read post after post of every little thing that people post about to get a general idea of what needs to be done. Again, unfortunately this won't ever happen and we will keep getting these stupid "community hot topic" threads each month about stuff that isn't the hot topic and get ignored completely. I think it was you who had something like a 1000+ post thread that was completely ignored all together and when the hot topic thread of the month came around it was fully ignored. Even though that was the hottest thread on the forums at the time. Its disgusting.

warframe has too many new content updates, but games like planetside 2 get only fixing (2 years and they are still fixing the main game, without adding much)

i dont know how many people are working in DE and how many of them are coders, but i would just hope that DE would look the old content and say:

"darn, so many unfinished fixes and content, well people, it seems that its time to fix that"

It seems that most of the community hot topics votes dont go anywhere, people have voted many things but most of those voted things newer get spotligh again (even when they are most voted things).

warframe has too many new content updates, but games like planetside 2 get only fixing (2 years and they are still fixing the main game, without adding much)

i dont know how many people are working in DE and how many of them are coders, but i would just hope that DE would look the old content and say:

"darn, so many unfinished fixes and content, well people, it seems that its time to fix that"

It seems that most of the community hot topics votes dont go anywhere, people have voted many things but most of those voted things newer get spotligh again (even when they are most voted things).

Lol comparing warframe to a pay2win game isn't that cool. Everybody knows SOE is stupidly greedy. They have no real invested interest in their game. DE does have some sort of interest in their own game though and thats why I post here and complain in hopes that something eventually happens. I know you can get the guns and crap in planet side 2 without buying them but I mean you can literally be at an advantage if you just drop money on the game.

Edited by grillv20

Lol comparing warframe to a pay2win game isn't that cool. Everybody knows SOE is stupidly greedy. They have no real invested interest in their game. DE does have some sort of interest in their own game though and thats why I post here and complain in hopes that something eventually happens. I know you can get the guns and crap in planet side 2 without buying them but I mean you can literally be at an advantage if you just drop money on the game.

yep, i used to play planetside 2 until i just got enaugh with the ingame currency being so got tamm hard to get and even more about the fact that they could not do any good new content to the game.

(its not totaly pay2win but very close to it, since starting guns are pretty good but other weapons cost so much)

Warframe is pretty good

Metal-Gear-Ocelot.jpg

AND has exelent update schedule. but it lacks from old content updating and fixing.

Edited by omegaskorpion