Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing And Warframe Interdependence

Wreckoning

With the arrival of archwings i was excited at the prospect of dusting off some of the warframes i have that don't see much playtime. I figured the frame itself would be cosmetic. Well, now that i know better, theres rhino prime continuing to command game time. Yeah, i know, i don't have to use him, but if I am going into an intercept why would i take Nekros instead. DE made it into a straight up numbers game and Nekros simply cannot compete in an archwing.

What would i do? If the frame itself wont have an actual flavor impact on the powers, then remove the interplay between life, shields, stamina and so on and let me take the thing out for a spin with my nekros or nova. Go ahead and leave the warframe mod interplay in place, just don't make it a better choice to take a few frames over the rest just cause they have base stats.

I think the stats-queen for Archwing is Zephyr IIRC.

One thing that kinda irked me is that Auras and stat mods work, so Energy Siphon applies.  Rage however, does not work in Archwing, so my Valkyr+Rage can't take advantage of the high armor+HP -> energy generation like in normal mode.

Edited by Gelkor

It is not a mandate to use any top tier frames for Archwing. I do just fine with my own skills and accuracy. 

What happens when you get bleed status on you ? Helplessly get murdered? On prolonged plays you are bound to die.

I think the stats-queen for Archwing is Zephyr IIRC.

That is correct.

worst part is missing efficiency coverage for 75%. right now it's just saddening to not be able to actually use abilities frequently. but hey at least flow works right... /sigh...

All Archwing abilities (at least Udon Thani's Odonata's) only cost 25 energy. Depending on your frame and level of flow, you have between 150 and 450 energy to spend, which I think is more than enough for spamming. Bigger problem IMO is, that there is a short cooldown after each cast. It's only about a second, but that second can decide between life and death in the Uranus interception.

They probably thought "hey, that worked well for Kubrows, let's do it again". But as Archwing doesn't have ANY base stats and is fully dependent on your warframe ...

Yes, and I still don't feel the need to use top tier frames. I can do just fine with a Loki on an Odonata.

And just cause you can play with a MK1 Burston, MK1 Lato, and Mk1 Skana it doesn't mean others might favor them over a Soma etc...

The point being some people, not you, might feel gimped playing Loki instead of Zephyr. And, as I said, it would be nice if they made the playing field even for all frames. For non-godly skilled gamers who can't do 'just fine' with a MK1 Burston against the 40th wave of infested.

The point i am making is you miss the point.

Edited by Wreckoning