Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Number Of Rapidly Rising Concerns

Dequire

I, as a fan, a long time player, and person who has contributed with his own currency to the game, am becoming extremely concerned with both DE's priorities and the decline that the game is beginning to take. It began with their total lack of care or attention to the fact that a lot of people are unable to download or update the game due to how the launcher is coded and built. And it's continuing with this new mini-gundam rip off called Archwing, and Limbo.

First, you're locking players out of the game entirely. Previously, I suggested uploading a direct download version of the game for people who have issues with that, or those who can download and install it manually faster than the actual downloader can do it. Which is also cutting off players who've been veterans to the game, and have paid for it, and are suddenly unable to play it because of this ongoing issue.

Second, Arch-Wing. ..Do I really need to explain? You look at me and tell me that when you saw the big wings, giant swords and flying through space slicing through everything the first thing you thought of was NOT Gundam, or something similar. Come on.

And thirdly, Limbo. I will be the first to admit that there have been.. useless frames. But even the useless ones were still cool. They were unique, and interesting. Limbo is just.. meh. His design is.. cool for the most part, but his abilities are dull. The premise is really cool, but you didn't exactly put a lot of effort into it.

His first ability hits somebody directly and locks them into another plane of existence called the Phase, dealing constant damage over time, and you can still shoot them while they're locked in place (Siren from BL2 anyone?).

His second ability locks HIMSELF into the Phase, where he ignores all damage for a period of time for a quick escape (Don't ask me why he doesn't take damage in the Phase, but enemies do).

His third ability creates a bubble of the Phase (...?), where any ally who stands in it gets a buff to damage (Again. ...?).

His fourth ability creates a large bubble of the Phase that slowly shrinks down over time. Any enemy caught within it does damage, and the bubble eventually collapses (Dunno why this needed to be mentioned in the profile video).

Now, Limbo has a lot of potential. But it was pretty much wasted. I'm highly concerned that Warframe is entering a state where quantity of updates and content is more important than Quality. And that's how a lot of MMO's die out. No thought into the content.

Unable to download the game? First I've heard of anyone having problems. I have both the launcher from the site as well as Steam. You may want to indicate what all is occurring that is preventing you from downloading and posting in the bug forums so a dev can take a look. That's sort of what those forums are all about.

Not sure I understand what your problem with Archwing is. Gundam is definitely in the field of 'anime mecha' so just because we can fly through space with guns and swords at fast speeds makes it Gundam?

Warframe feedback should go to the Warframe and Abilities feedback forum so the devs can reference your concerns on the matter:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/34-warframes-abilities/

Direcyphre, this is all more of an indicator as to where the game is starting to go more than complaints. I'm concerned about the game itself.

And you probably haven't heard of the bug, because people gave up on it. A lot of new players are turned away because of their inability to download the game. There was a huge outbreak of it around 14.5, it almost filled the sub-forum, but eventually it died down. NOTHING has worked, at all. Dev support, player support, work arounds.. The only thing that works is a direct download and manual install, and DE isn't okay with that apparently.

I, as a fan, a long time player, and person who has contributed with his own currency to the game, am becoming extremely concerned with both DE's priorities and the decline that the game is beginning to take. It began with their total lack of care or attention to the fact that a lot of people are unable to download or update the game due to how the launcher is coded and built. And it's continuing with this new mini-gundam rip off called Archwing, and Limbo.

Your veteran-hood and expenditures don't make your opinion any more valid than a fresh, newbie f2per so I wouldn't even bother bringing it up. But alas, you have. Nevertheless, "decline" is definitely being used subjectively here. DE finally gave us actual new content rather than some new items (though yes, that also comes with said territory) but all anyone seems to be able to do about it is gripe.

First, you're locking players out of the game entirely. Previously, I suggested uploading a direct download version of the game for people who have issues with that, or those who can download and install it manually faster than the actual downloader can do it. Which is also cutting off players who've been veterans to the game, and have paid for it, and are suddenly unable to play it because of this ongoing issue.

If I'm not mistaken, DE has no plans on offering a direct download version of Warframe. The launcher issue is being worked on though.

Second, Arch-Wing. ..Do I really need to explain? You look at me and tell me that when you saw the big wings, giant swords and flying through space slicing through everything the first thing you thought of was NOT Gundam, or something similar. Come on.

Nothing is original, least of all in sci-fi video games. Lets not pretend like the fact that you've "seen this before" should in any way affect your ability to enjoy the content being presented. Zone of Enders comes to mind before Gundam but that's a personal thing.

And thirdly, Limbo. I will be the first to admit that there have been.. useless frames. But even the useless ones were still cool. They were unique, and interesting. Limbo is just.. meh. His design is.. cool for the most part, but his abilities are dull. The premise is really cool, but you didn't exactly put a lot of effort into it.

I somewhat agree. But it doesn't even seem like you've played as him yet. He's rather fun to use though his abilities are a bit lackluster.

His first ability hits somebody directly and locks them into another plane of existence called the Phase, dealing constant damage over time, and you can still shoot them while they're locked in place (Siren from BL2 anyone?).

Agreed, this ability is quite similar to the base phaselock from BL2 sans the ability to make it awesomely overpowered.

His second ability locks HIMSELF into the Phase, where he ignores all damage for a period of time for a quick escape (Don't ask me why he doesn't take damage in the Phase, but enemies do).

This one reminds me of phasewalking in BL1 quite a bit. Not a bad thing though, as I was a Siren in both BL1&2.

His third ability creates a bubble of the Phase (...?), where any ally who stands in it gets a buff to damage (Again. ...?).

Yes, yes, his abilities are a bit simplistic and singleminded.

His fourth ability creates a large bubble of the Phase that slowly shrinks down over time. Any enemy caught within it does damage, and the bubble eventually collapses (Dunno why this needed to be mentioned in the profile video).

This ability I actually like.

Now, Limbo has a lot of potential. But it was pretty much wasted. I'm highly concerned that Warframe is entering a state where quantity of updates and content is more important than Quality. And that's how a lot of MMO's die out. No thought into the content.

That seems a bit overly paranoid. I'd consider this a quality update, as it had quite a bit of much welcomed content included. Yes, there were many bugs, some of which were game-breaking, but it does happen sometimes. As long as they have a vested interest in fixing it, all is well.

Replies in Bold.

Postnote: I feel like people are a bit too invested in games when they are overly concerned with the "direction of the game". Typically, the only people who do this are the ones who have spent a large amount of money on it without needing to. If that's the case, I'm sort of in the same boat. I just don't take it as seriously, since it's just a game.

Edited by Kestral9999

Geez, unless you don't own a keyboard, you can always switch back until they offer the option to remap the controller buttons.

Sorry, I've just seen a lot of that topic lately lol.

If I used a controller to for a reason other than avoiding physical pain I would. As it is I'd rather just not have abilities.