Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Tier System

HansDecatur

Back in the day when the Nikana and the Dragon Nikana were released i got really excited, not because the Dragon Nikana was op but because i really liked the tier system behind it. Now with the syndicates and those strange weapon mods i fear that DE is taking 3 steps back from that whole idea again.

Dont get me wrong, its great we have all those weapons like the Kestrel which i have not yet seen on any mission. But im sure there are some out there who use and enjoy that weapon, and now with the weapon specific mods they can make it even better.

All i want though is that there is some sort of tier system, like this or that weapon is a straight upgrade to another weapon but locked by mastery requirement or something. (and no, the prime weapons dont count!) id rather see some more examples of the Dragon Nikana system instead of getting mods for all those unused weapons to make them more attractive again.

I agree completely.  It would make the plethora of weapons feel less scattered and chaotic and having a visible progression will especially help new players set goals for themselves.  Would also make it easier to balance weapon as a whole because weapons of a given tier only need to compete with each other rather than having every weapon compete in the same numbers game.

Weapon tiers with mastery requirements and build paths (Nikana --> Dragon Nikana; Latron --> Tiberon; Lato --> Bolto --> Akbolto; other single pistols --> akimbo version) fixes a whole lot of little problems that all boil down to how solid and concise the game feels.

I disagree on single > akimbo upgrade.

Nikana > dragon nikana, yes. lato > bolto is lore wise strange to me, since latron > tiberon upgrade requires orokin forma shapething ...

btw. some clan tech weapons are fine without upgrade, synapse amprex lanka etc.

Edited by Voidflow

yes, there doesnt need to be a better version of the synapse or amprex for example because they are good the way they are.

I wasnt trying to say we need a upgraded version of every weapon in the game. I meant that the weapons we have in the game right now should be somewhat sorted.

I disagree on single > akimbo upgrade.

Nikana > dragon nikana, yes. lato > bolto is lore wise strange to me, since latron > tiberon upgrade requires orokin forma shapething ...

There's a lot of single pistols used as components for their akimbo form that are straight upgrades.  What's there to disagree on?

There's no lore given for what Forma is or why it's needed to build the Tiberon, so there can't be conflict.  Lato has always been a component for the Bolto.