Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Clown Invasion.

Greygo

I love DE and Warframe. I love their ideas and cyberpunk setting this game has. It definitely has a great shiny future. But...I dont get this new clown-ish design for new warframes...First we get mirage. Now we have Limbo. I hope DE will return to their old direction of creating warframe designs. Two clowns are enough. Please.

Fellow Tenno, if u have the same thoughts and u agree with me pls support this topic. Hopefully DE will find it. 

Might be better suited in this forum section: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/forum/18-art-animation/

Personally, I have no issues. Warframes don't follow any sort of strict aesthetic and are entirely unique in their structure. We're not space marines, or wearing any sort of uniform, so nothing really dictates what a warframe should or shouldn't look like.

You take that back right now. Nekros is the coolest looking frame.

MYAHH!

I was being facetious, I think they are all fine.  I just rolled my eyes when we got a necromancer because I'm too used to 13 year olds being obsessed with DEATHGRIMDARKNECROLORDGRIMDEATHDARKDARK.

Here's one for the OP: Tenno are twisted and warped by the void, the original Tenno had an impact on how their Warframes were molded and formed.  The original Tenno were quite blatantly unhinged and corrupted outcasts. Harley Quinn wannabe and Mr. Tuxedo Mask are par for the course when it comes to unstable superpowered beings. Hek, one of the original Tenno styled himself on the Scandinavian god of mischief.

Edited by Gelkor

-snip-

No.

You are asking DE to make Warframe based on your perspective and standards and what should and should not be a Warframe. It's like another thread arguing how ninja should be such and such and how such Warframe not fitting lore and such. I don't remember reading anywhere that DE puts such restrictions and standards in their Warframe designs.

No.

You are asking DE to make Warframe based on your perspective and standards and what should and should not be a Warframe. It's like another thread arguing how ninja should be such and such and how such Warframe not fitting lore and such. I don't remember reading anywhere that DE puts such restrictions and standards in their Warframe designs.

To be fair, Greygo didn't set the aesthetic standard ... DE did which began as clearly Guyveresque but has gradually drifted from representing legendary or mythological figures and "elementals" to "animalistics" to now "entertainers"

While there is clear pattern - Limbo (male/void/mage) partners with Mirage (female/light/illusionist) just as Hydroid (male/water/merman) partners with Zephyr (female/air/harpy) - you have to admit having a character sporting a stove pipe and a tuxedo looks incongruous along side one that bears the horns of a Norse god

Perhaps this is DE's way to pay homage to a wealth of Animae which adores anachronistic and thematically divergent cast of characters

Personally, I share Greygo's sentiment of just not getting the drift of the "drift"

As the VoidFrame which represents The Void itself - wherein all the mysteries of the Warframe universe exist - I had much higher expectations than a huxster in a dapper suit

Edited by ElHefe

All in all, I adore the direction that Limbo took. Warframes are clearly very, very different from one another and it's always great to go into a mission and see some dolled up grimdark color schemes (solid black and red) but then that one guy who's painted up like Fluttershy.

It's just hilarious because it doesn't even break immersion- Warframe is not meant to be a "silly" game, but the game makes it clear that there are some serious characters in this big ol' universe of ours. From the dude named after a god of trickery to the fella' dressed up like Houdini, to the harlequin to the beef monster that is Rhino to the insectoid look of Ash. We've got a real wide variety of frames to choose from and it gives people who want to be just a little less serious that option.

Because while Limbo is still a Tenno warrior with the ability to run ramshackle through an entire ship of heavily armed soldiers, he has a top hat that he plays with in his down time. His idle with a pair of pistols levitates them and he pretends to shoot without holding the guns. I feel like if Warframe's had voiceovers, the line "And for my next trick!" would be used constantly.

No.

Why? I cant say I like designs of all warframes in the game but they all fit the game setting. Cyberpunk, space, ninjas etc. And I really excited about warframe lore and universe. I read all codex notes and waiting patiently when DE expand the storyline. I mean that I take all this quite seriously, not just "pew pew ololo game". I'm not afraid to say that I put warframe's lore side by side with "Dark souls" game in sense of saturation. Developers dont give us all the story but place pieces of information in codex or weapon description and somehow it creates some sort of mystery and intrigue around the game. And then we get...jester? Ok...but then another jester? Too much clowns. EIHefe has a point. I was very excited when heard about Limbo on Devstream: warframe which represents the void itself? "Wow" I said. And then...this.

mirage is cool though. she is not clowny at all

I didnt say mirage is bad or limbo is ugly. They both are very cool. I mean there are too much clowns in the game. Even Loki the masterrace himself has clown-ish pants. Maybe I take this game too seriously though.

I didnt say mirage is bad or limbo is ugly. They both are very cool. I mean there are too much clowns in the game. Even Loki the masterrace himself has clown-ish pants. Maybe I take this game too seriously though.

three circus themed frames 

28 frames total

"Too much clowns"

WAT?

WAT?

WAT?

WAT?

HONK

Hydroid has tentacles on his face.

Oberon literally has hooves.

Volt has a massive eyeball as an alt helm.

Nyx Prime's helmet.

And not to mention in game you can have hot pink explosions all over the place, along with an array of other neon colors. Heck, you can even make a Power Ranger squad out of Warframe colors. Don't cry about immersion and the 'ninja' theme unless you run solo in default colors (Or super edgy red/black) 24/7, or play exclusively with hardcore intense serious players.