Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cataclysmic Annoyance - Solutions To This Problem

Sophronius

Limbo's Cataclysm ability is quite possibly by far the worst ult. I have tried multiple builds to make it viable but it always ends up making someone unhappy somewhere. (Most particularly in defense missions)

From not being able to see anything, (too dark) to being totally incapable of picking up anything off the ground. It can be just plain annoying.

Furthermore, the only viable thing about the bubble is energy regen. The damage increase from Rift Wake is not sufficient. I presume this is because of the additional energy gained from being inside Cataclysm.

I feel that it may not be enough considering the tremendous energy cost. ( Base of 100 + 75 ) Almost 200 energy for what Trinity and Rhino (or Nova) could do. Trinity can provide superior energy regen and Rhino or Nova can provide superior damage buff for much less cost.

Problems and solutions:
------------------
> Cataclysm too dark - I like the effects, but brighten it up just a wee.

> Cannot pick up anything in Cataclysm - The worst problem with this ability so far, and it doesn't even make sense. This ability pulls everything inside of Void Plane except pick-ups?!? This needs to be changed, it is the most common complaint I run in to among players when using Cataclysm.

> Cataclysm with Rift wake isn't worth the energy cost for what it does, other Warframes do it better - This would be something to consider, though it has potential to break the game. --> While inside Cataclysm all players take less damage from all sources. The amount cannot be changed with mods.

Example - Cataclysm gives a flat reduction to all incoming damage by 10/20/30/40 percent. Cannot be modified.

Rift wake could possibly use a minor tweak. A small increase to its power as I barely notice any difference when I use it.
-------------------

With this I hope to provide some kind of useful feedback and potential solutions for Cataclysm without the necessity of being completely reworked.

Edited by Sophronius