Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Latron Aim Bug At Long Range

Mangobyte

Hey, I wasn't sure if this is the correct category, but I've noticed with my Latron that some long-range shots are seriously bugged.  Essentially, I scope for a long range shot, line up on an enemy, and click.  The crosshair is centered on the enemy, but the actual shot goes several degrees down or to the side.  On my screen, the difference has been up to two or three inches.  I adjust my aim, firing around the target or going for center-mass, or whatever, and the Latron continues to miss in the exact same spot.  To re-iterate, it is firing with perfect accuracy, but no where near where I am aiming.  If I move closer to the target, or pick a target that is somewhat closer to me, it goes back to firing perfectly.  

To reproduce this, run Tolstoj and climb up on the rocks adjacent to the upper boss-room entrance.  if there are enemies on the platform, or on the ground on the far side of the platform, this bug shows up pretty consistently.  Scope it in and try shooting them.  Watch for the sparks of where you actually hit.

Again, will update with screenshots shortly.

Personally, I find that the Latron and Lex both fail to hit enemies point blank. Aiming the the head of an enemy makes the shot go upwards and hit the ceiling instead.

For me they fire at any other range, even at extreme distance with perfect accuracy.

Could it possibly be an issue on your end? Maybe the resolution is off? Make sure that your aspect ratio of the chosen resolution fits your screen dimensions.

I'm using 1280x1024, which is 5:4 (my monitor is not a widescreen).

Edited by VakarisJ

Whoa!  Okay... so this behavior seems tied to where you were aiming when you first scoped.  If I scope into a spot, fire a round, then aim at something really far away, while still holding down right-click, the following shots all appear to go where my first shot went...  

Reproduced the failure with the Afuris, too, so it looks like it is not weapon specific (thanks ZockMotte).

I also un-zoomed and re-zoomed, and it continued hitting the same (closer) spot.

Also, it appears to not be tied to firing on enemies.. I am reproducing in an empty room, just aiming at the far side.  It seems like the aim just snaps-to the nearest in-range point.. or possibly the last in-range point that you had in your crosshairs. 

More updates inc.

Edited by Mangobyte

Changed some resolution things around.  I typically run the game windowed, so I went ahead and did it fullscreen at a few different resolutions, fullscreen borderless, and windowed at a few different resolutions/aspect ratios, and none of them appeared to affect the failure.  

Don't worry, you're not crazy, this is definitely happening.  I'm seeing this issue at long range with every weapon; beyond a certain hard cut-off distance, all of your shots will veer off to the side of where you're aiming.  It's... horrible. XD

Hey, I wasn't sure if this is the correct category, but I've noticed with my Latron that some long-range shots are seriously bugged.  Essentially, I scope for a long range shot, line up on an enemy, and click.  The crosshair is centered on the enemy, but the actual shot goes several degrees down or to the side.  On my screen, the difference has been up to two or three inches.  I adjust my aim, firing around the target or going for center-mass, or whatever, and the Latron continues to miss in the exact same spot.  To re-iterate, it is firing with perfect accuracy, but no where near where I am aiming.  If I move closer to the target, or pick a target that is somewhat closer to me, it goes back to firing perfectly.  

To reproduce this, run Tolstoj and climb up on the rocks adjacent to the upper boss-room entrance.  if there are enemies on the platform, or on the ground on the far side of the platform, this bug shows up pretty consistently.  Scope it in and try shooting them.  Watch for the sparks of where you actually hit.

Again, will update with screenshots shortly.

Same problem here. Seems this issue happens for long range and short.

P.S. I meant to press the "Quote" button but my mouse slipped and hit the down vote >.<...sorry.