Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Found Something...

Cat_Jam

So I was flying around the new Archwing mission when suddenly I came across this.

EeX7RSB.jpg?1

It translates to "OBELISK"-- A monumental pillar... But of what?

Why was this ship so special such that it was considered monumental?

What's Frohd Bek up to?

Welp the Grineer just stepped up there game by building dreadnoughts, the Corpus probably need to answer this or face a dark future. 

Yeahhh most likely. I bet we will get more info in an upcoming event. Hopefully with archwings included. ^.^

Yeahhh most likely. I bet we will get more info in an upcoming event. Hopefully with archwings included. ^.^

would be nice if the even was about two weeks or more away, so it gives DE time to fix bugs and enough time for everyone to get arch-mods and rank them and the archwing bits up 

There are crashed ships on Europa that say "obelisk" as well.

I also found this in the tile with the giant fans:

9GA84fD.jpg

The top console says "tecnical inc" in the middle, and then "strategy", "grineer", and "the infested" down the side. The bottom console is mostly gibberish, though it does say "hivemind mfg" in the middle.

Keep in mind the alphabet I have is mostly incomplete, so those translations might not be accurate. 

I also found this in the tile with the giant fans:

9GA84fD.jpg

The top console says "tecnical inc" in the middle, and then "strategy", "grineer", and "the infested" down the side. The bottom console is mostly gibberish, though it does say "hivemind mfg" in the middle.

Keep in mind the alphabet I have is mostly incomplete, so those translations might not be accurate. 

seems like the corpus aren't done with using the infested as a weapon, this might turn out to be interesting 

I have a theory that the crashed vessel on Europa is not the name, but the vessel classification. Why would two vessels be named the same exact thing? Looks to be that the Corpus are manufacturing prototype Warship cruisers, but they aren't fairing very well against Vay Kek's Balor Formorians. Maybe their design was intended to destroy any Formorian they came across and wiping the floor with any Galleon that came into view distance, but the Balor class is too strong for them.

seems like the corpus aren't done with using the infested as a weapon, this might turn out to be interesting 

Or this could be one of Salad's ships to come out of the Viver sector of Eris.

Edited by FMZerek

I have a theory that the crashed vessel on Europa is not the name, but the vessel classification. Why would two vessels be named the same exact thing? Looks to be that the Corpus are manufacturing prototype Warship cruisers, but they aren't fairing very well against Vay Kek's Balor Formorians. Maybe their design was intended to destroy any Formorian they came across and wiping the floor with any Galleon that came into view distance, but the Balor class is too strong for them.

One thing I've noticed is that Corpus ships seem to be Q-ships. They don't seem to have obvious armaments like Grineer ships. If you look, all the weapons are hidden in hatches or behind shutters. On the infested corpus ship set, the big gun bays are even hidden behind collapsing walls.

My theory is that the Corpus are starting to produce dedicated warships, which could be what these new ships are.

Or this could be one of Salad's ships to come out of the Viver sector of Eris.

I think you're right with the ship classification, these must be important ships for Corpus.

The infested weaponry is only used by Salad V though, which further proves that the "OBELISK" title is a class as Frohd Bek and Salad don't get along very well...

My theory is that the Corpus are starting to produce dedicated warships, which could be what these new ships are.

Major plot-twist since the Corpus are supposed to be merchants.

I'd love to see that happen some time soon, though. The Grineer pull up a fleet of Balors and every single Corpus ship transforms into pure weaponry. Me gusta.

So.... Are we going to have some superweapon fights?  Two death stars against each other? Awesome!

Actually, three. Obelisk, Balor, and my soon to be 8 Forma'd giant space cannon.

One thing I've noticed is that Corpus ships seem to be Q-ships. They don't seem to have obvious armaments like Grineer ships. If you look, all the weapons are hidden in hatches or behind shutters. On the infested corpus ship set, the big gun bays are even hidden behind collapsing walls.

If you go play some missions on the Corpus Ship tileset, you'll likely come across a room that has similar structure to the one on Infested Ship and Ice Planet.

Clearly we can anticipate this in the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY2we9oGLVw

Just replace Kaiba with Frohd Bek, Lumus with Vay Hek, Umbra with Sargas Ruk, and... Yugi and can Darvo.

I remember watching this as a kid, with original japanese voices. English is such letdown and pretty out of place.

Tho reference is a bit on the spot.

I remember watching this as a kid, with original japanese voices. English is such letdown and pretty out of place.

Tho reference is a bit on the spot.

I feel very much in the opposite direction - I can't watch anime unless I can find a good English dub. Nothing against the original voice actors, they're great, but 1) I can't understand a word they say and I like to do other things when watching shows, so reading subs is difficult; and 2) I love to hear the work English voice actors put into the characters, gives me ideas for how to expand my own voice.

But to each their own. I'm with you, though: the show was awesome.