Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing Landing?

Phenioxx

While i was playing around with my brand spankin' new Archwing, i felt like there should be a landing option. Not so much for utility as just a visual kind of thing so that you aren't always flying (which isn't that bad either but still) 

Does anyone else agree that there should be some sort of landing method or am i just kind of weird? 

• Like 1

While I have no doubt that you are (at least to some degree) weird, I will say this would be pretty cool. I would love to be able to stand on the catwalks in the Trench Run Sabotage missions and look at how huge my surroundings are. 

ur just weird

Nah I think its good to

Thx pal <3

Maybe if you are close to flat ground, you can press x and stand in place.

Yeah something like that or maybe that same idea but where you can just turn on and off the archwing and if you weren't close to a flat surface you would just kinda float

you can't land because the thing is designed for zero gravity, haven't you noticed those slim "arms" that hold it together? i bet those could not hold the weight of the wings in a place with gravity.

Well there shouldn't be explosions in space either but there are ;P

you can't land because the thing is designed for zero gravity, haven't you noticed those slim "arms" that hold it together? i bet those could not hold the weight of the wings in a place with gravity.

If we're in zero gravity then the weight of the wings wouldn't matter, no?

Without gravity, they have no weight. 

I believe hes suggesting that there would be some kind of artificial gravity generator within the archwing allowing you to land

I believe hes suggesting that there would be some kind of artificial gravity generator within the archwing allowing you to land

Or we could have magnetic links on our feet that allow us to touch down on any metallic surface and stand on it. That would clear of the whole need for artificial gravity and what not.

Or we could have magnetic links on our feet that allow us to touch down on any metallic surface and stand on it. That would clear of the whole need for artificial gravity and what not.

Yeah but that wouldn't quite work for asteroids and non-magnetic metals ;P

Exactly my point, the weight would matter on the ground.

I said that they work in space because there is no gravity, but on land they might be too heavy to carry or they might break.