Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Warframe Secretly Run By The Corrupt-A-Wish Foundation?

DivisionByZero

You presented it like a crude joke.

"Oh look, DE is this evil bastard who corrupts wishes!"

Actions and outcomes matter more than public statements and livestreams. It does not matter what the original intent of the updates was, it's the final outcome that matters.

There's a signature on another forum that reads: "People judge you by your actions rather than your intents. You may have a heart of gold, then again, so does a hard-boiled egg."

This post isn't about bashing DE, it's about bashing serious flaws.

Actions and outcomes matter more than public statements and livestreams. It does not matter what the original intent of the updates was, it's the final outcome that matters.

There's a signature on another forum that reads: "People judge you by your actions rather than your intents. You may have a heart of gold, then again, so does a hard-boiled egg."

This post isn't about bashing DE, it's about bashing serious flaws.

And what is your action? 

You presented DE as (and I'll repeat this) "An evil developer that does what people asks for, but then twists it for their punishment". 

You can deny it all you want, but this is a rude post to the developers who work extremely hard to make sure we are pleased with the game. 

You just said yourself.

Actions speak better than Intentions. 

Your actions were bad. 

Your intentions were good.

Edited by TheErebus

Alright, I'm gonna go through your post, point by point, and offer the most constructive criticism that I can. No trolling, no flaming. Just my thoughts on this game, okay? Let's get roling.

Players: Wish for new, intuitive UI and player ships.
Result: Buggy, persistently broken interface that was inferior in every way to the pre-U14 update. All of the U15 improvements to the UI should have been there in the first place.

Buggy how exactly? I personally like the new user interface. It's all VERY shiny, you can sort mods by polarities, there's a search bar, and it makes good use of screen real estate.

Players: Wish for pets
Result: You get Kubrows (aka the biggest platinum sink of its time). You only get 2 slots, and Kubrows are completely random. In the early days of U14 the only way to change a Kubrow's appearance was to "randomize" it for platinum, which often ended up in the same result because the RNG was rigged. Oh, and Kubrow eggs are incredible rare too.

Now, I do not know what you're on about here. I bought 2 extra slots so I could have 4 kubrows, named after my irl dogs. I bought 1 egg, and got another through an alert. Honestly, 5 bucks for something neat that gets released in this game isn't that bad

Players: Wish for cumulative Interception and Defense mission rewards
Result: Granted, however you have to wait until round 4/wave 20 for a chance at a void key.

It sounds about the same as before, but I don't have to quit out of a defense mission now for a Forma and have Stalker, Zanuka, the G3 AND other Tenno hunting me down, wanting my blood.

Players: Wish for Melee 2.0
Result: Granted, however some stances will be unreasonably rare and you have to farm for them.

Except for those alerts they had a few months ago where you could grab them up easily. Stuff like this gives life to trade chat. People who get lucky can profit off those who aren't so lucky. I have an extra stance of Crimson Dervish and Tranquil Cleave, if you're interested.

Also, if it was easy, would it be as satisfying?

Players: Wish for removal of ability cards from drop tables
Result: Granted, however when the Warframe polarities were being redone to remove the ability polarities, a lot of players have other polarities removed as well.

So now, you can run a build with 8 mod slots instead of 6, and you don't have to give up ANY of your abilities. DE made us all into more adaptable fighters. For free. I really do not understand why people complain over this.

Players: Wish for Archwings
Result: Archwing release rushed and broken/buggy yet again. Archwing equipment upgrade drop tables are badly skewed which results in the same crap dropping 95% of the time. Another thing to farm for. Oh, and mew Archwing equipment requires grinding Interception mission reward RNG.

okay. I AM going to troll you over this because no software or recently released content has EVER had a bug to it before. DE is the first. Shame on you for not being perfect, DE. *wrist slap of social justice*

Players: Wish for endgame and more factions, unique rewards
Result: You get Syndicates, featuring even more grinding instead of a proper endgame. As an extra insult, higher ranks require you to pay premium resources such as Reactors/Catalysts.

I personally like these. It gives greater purpose to affinity once you max out all your weapons. Now, it feels like that exp isn't going to waste. And again, I say, if it was easy and you could max these out in a day, would they be as satisfying?

Players: Wish for /unstuck command
Result: "Send in a support ticket". No /unstuck command implemented.

Okay, I'm right there with you on this one. There SHOULD be an /unstuck command. DCUO did this and there weren't any problems.

Players: Wish for an end to the constant freezing/crashing
Result: 6 patches that have yet to fix the issue. I already suggested limiting rendering time per-object - although I know that my suggestion, like 95% of suggestions that would actually fix the game, will be ignored.

Maybe I'm just lucky because I haven't seen a crash or a freeze in quite some time. Though, also, I AM an IT student. I know how hard it is to make stuff that works exactly the way that it should. Troubleshooting is less of an exact science and more like educated guess work. Maybe cut them some slack?

Players: Wish for a new set of prime gear.
Result: New void equipment along with new void drop tables badly rigged against the player.

I got a Nyx Prime chassis on my first sabotage mission into the void. Maybe I'm just lucky? This is really a complaint against RNG.

Players: Wish for more complex missions and quest chains.
Result: You get tactical alerts, and you can't bring any good gear into them.

I brought a Valkyr with only Hysteria loaded in, a pair of dual zoren axes, no companion, and no other weapons. See there, creative cheese like that? That's how you win.

Players: Wish for a balanced game.
Result: Damage 2.0: scaling enemy armor (the biggest balance-breaking mechanic) hasn't been removed, and Corrosive is the new Armor Piercing/Serrated Blade damage. Except that Corrosive damage requires Toxic damage upgrades... and those are rare. Heavy weapons get their ammo nerfed, however ammo drops have yet to be properly balanced.

toxic damage upgrades rare? Everytime I rip Vor in half like a phonebook, he spills out another one. As for heavy weapons, did you really think we could just sit on top of the parapets in ODD, and spawn farm forever with no consequence? That DID need to be nerfed. It was an exploit, and its really not how the game is supposed to be played. We're space ninja, not artillery emplacements. And as for your comments on balance, there are a number of different combinations that can work out nicely. I personally like the Akmagnus pistols with a viral combo for killing Corpus.

I've played about 25 Archwing missions so far, and guess how many bugs I've encountered.

7, at most. Mainly to do with collision meshes (some enemies go through objects, players getting bonked off walls when not even that close) and such. As for the rest of your topic, you're mostly wrong for all the reasons before me - aside from the /unstuck command, that's definitely a needed feature.

Wow. This is like a whole day's worth of whining in one thread. How efficient!

I laughed a fair amount at this. Take an upvote.

While your post is a bit too negative (nothing wrong with not praising DE, but this is borderline insulting), I myself am also a bit miffed at many of DE's practices lately, and the more they continue to do said practices the more I fear for the game in the long run.

My biggest peeves: 

1. The slowly increasing time walls on new content designed to "persuade" players to give in and use Plat to either buy into it or rush into it.

2. More and more content being shoved into the Mod System, which is already feeling a bit bloated and has problems of it's own.

3. Locking more and more content behind RNG Walls.

While I am most likely coming off as "I WANT MY CONTENT AND SHINY TOYS NOW!", I would like to say that this is not the case - I will more than happily wait to experience new content so long as the wait is not excessive, or the content locked behind something that takes hours to even start.

Only one I agree with is the /stuck command.

Everything else has either been acknowledged by the DE at one point and has either been put on the back burner due to circumstances that seem to be beyond the player privilege of knowing or is being worked on right now and has been mentioned on the latest dev streams..

Edited by Aimop95

I thought this was a joke at first. Then I realized this guy was serious. I want to post a pic, but I already got a warning for it.

Wanted to post it in spoilers, but it says I cannot use the image extension on this community :(

Edited by S3EK3R

• 3 weeks later...

We listen to feedback (a lot of feedback), and try to act in the best interest of the Warframe Community. But, sometimes, changes are received negatively, despite our intentions. I can promise you that we will always do our best to improve on Warframe and fix our mistakes. I am confident that many players will agree that our track record shows a history of improvements. I don't see anything corrupt about that. The analogy of granting corrupt wishes is unnecessarily polemic. We're all on the same side here. I'm closing this thread.