Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Ideas: Rift Surge Stun And Deactivatable Cataclysm

ArkNeither

Cataclysm needs to have an option just like Rift Walk to cancel it. One of my fears of Cataclysm is putting enemies into the Rift with me and regretting it, it would be nice to be able to cancel that just like you can cancel Rift Walk.

I think Rift Surge needs to do slightly a little more than be a damage buff, the recent change is nice, but I think the spell would do well with a stun effect. When Rift Surge is activated, enemies in the rift get stunned - like getting hit by Ember's Accelerant... Whether Rift Surge will stun in an area around Limbo or all enemies in the rift is whatever... But I think this would be a good addition, and would synergize well with Cataclysm.

A big problem/fear of using Cataclysm is having enemies immediately retaliate on you (I swear when I throw a mob of enemies into the rift, they all prioritize me instantly)... Using Rift Surge to stun targets would be a great follow up, to give Limbo that headstart advantage when fighting enemies in the Cataclysm... 

It'll be very similar to how Ember uses Accelerant - while she is very very fragile, she takes advantage of Accelerant's short stun by wiping everyone out within that short time.

I'd just like some changes that made Limbo not terrible for teamplay.

Right now people go "Oh S#&$ a Limbo... just great."

Either he makes enemies invulnerable to teammates, trolls players with his first ability, or makes it a pain in the neck to move between the ult and the outside in order to make kills.

I very much agree with having the ability to cancel Cataclysm. If you did this, and also vastly increased the damage that detonating the bubble does- you'd IMO have a very capable ult that's adaptable for a wide variety of situations. I hardly use it right now not because the damage sucks- it has it's own utility, but the problem is it lasts too long. So basically, anything passing through the sphere can't be dealt with.

Optional addition: personally I think rift surge should become a projectile skillshot, and notably, not a first skill. 35-40 energy, and make it his biggest 'damage' skill. Because generally the only place I can expect to see an enemy actually get banished instead of flat out die is in T3 missions. :\ That vastly reduces the utility of the skill.

I also think a Rift Surge stun offers new tactics now that i think about it... I do know the Rift Surge dmg buff increases Banish's dmg... I assume it also increases Cataclysms initial damage

Rift Surge -> Cataclysm would make cataclysm do more dmg

but Cataclysm -> Rift Surge would provide the CC as mentioned with that stun, since the stun will affect only rifted targets.