Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Energy Resource Rework

NakiCoTony

I don't think the current energy system is that problematic, although it does require some balancing. I'm also pretty sure Volt will get hit severely by the nerfbat at some point since Overload is pretty ridiculous in its current form.

What I'd rather see is cheap lesser powers that are able to kill a single enemy (Volt's shock, Ash' shuriken etc.) that you can use very often, along with some moderate and heavy powers that can clear most of a single room but will require upwards of 150 energy to use (the full amount of a non-pro frame, IIRC). In terms of killing power, it could be something like Shock for "spam", Excalibur's sword dash for a medium power (I've seen some people slice up 3 Ancients in a single use) and Ash' Ultimate as a heavy ability. As a sidenote, I also believe every frame should have some sort of cheap "transportation" like Super Jump or Teleport that doesn't cost very much to use (or is free with a cooldown, although I am not a fan of cooldowns in general).

The current cost just means there's little point in using most of the lesser powers when you can kill 10 dudes by pressing 4 while using Ash or clear entire levels with a single Overload. Why would I spend 25 energy on Shock when two orbs allows me to use Overload? Why would I spend 50 energy to run a little faster or 75 to use a very limited teleport? The use of these compared to their cost is nonexistant. Energy levels will probably not be balanced any time soon, since there is a lot of other content to be done, but it'll definitely need to happen some time.

Of course, I'm also a fan of every frame being radically different (with bonuses and abilities regarding everything from specific weapon types to straight up casting and sucking with guns) but that's a different discussion.

Edited by Zinn

Spamming them only breaks this game.

Ever see a volt with +80% power proficiency do nothing but spam over load in a corpus map?

There have been enough replies to counter what you just said. I suggest reading all replies before expecting anyone to read yours.

I know it seems crazy, but other games with similar abilities (e.g. Mass Effect esp. ME3 multiplayer) have little abilities like push, pull, crush, etc. These abilities can be done every 1.5 seconds with some leveling in ME3. It makes the game a lot of fun to actually be able to use what makes you unique. Otherwise there's really no point in having warframes except for the occasional room clearing Overload.

And I'm not trying to make Warframe into another game; it shouldn't be ME3. But what are powers for if not for using them? I believe what I have other have suggested are all better than what is currently in the game.

Identify problem(s). Propose solutions. Discuss what the effects are. Implement changes.

Edited by gell