Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter To De About Ability Ideas

DALOS

Seeing how every body is saying that your newest warframe (Limbo) is "absolutely useless" I think it's time I did my job as part of the fan base and give my ideas and feedback on the current situation. I hope you take my thoughts into consideration in order to build a better game.

First of I'm not going to complain about why it's bad as I'm sure you've already heard why before from other feedback posts. However I will point out a critical flaw in his design, a flaw I've seen in other warframes before.

Accelerant, Antimatter Drop, Venom, Shield Polarize, Sleight Of Hand, and Eclipse.

All of these abilities (And perhaps others I may have missed) suffer from a flaw, they rely on additionall conditions to be met in order to work. Whether it wants me to be in a specific environment or use a specific weapon that's the case. No matter how effective the end result is I should not have to pay another price for an ability other than energy for it to meat my expectations. It's like paying full price for a game with bad single player but good multi-player.

Limbo not only does this but it does it in the worst way yet, he relies on abilities to make his other abilities work. I find myself asking many questions about the inefficiency and impracticality of this frame constantly, even Mogamu made a video pointing out the problems. 

While Mogamu may believe it needs to be adjusted I believe it needs a complete overhull.

Thank you for listening to my feedback.

Yes, it's a complex frame, and when used right, is amazing.

But on the other hand, you literally need to use three of his abilities in quick succession.

What if you don't have enough energy mid-cast?
His practicality isn't up to scratch at the moment, but I'm not overly worried. I just hope his tweaking and changes will not take as long as Oberon's.

Ah, I've heard bad things about troll Limbos.

Guys, he's a charming, dapper fellow with a mysterious streak, not a well-dressed a-hole.

Stop banishing your teammates when they don't need to be banished

This is why we need reputation system and ability to kick people while in lobby.

Edited by Jeloxale

Guys, he's a charming, dapper fellow with a mysterious streak, not a well-dressed a-hole.

A-holes will be A-holes, nothing will really stop them from acting stupid.

No matter how effective the end result is I should not have to pay another price for an ability other than energy for it to meat my expectations. It's like paying full price for a game with bad single player but good multi-player.

I'd just want to address this point:

To extrapolate from that logic, that's like suggesting the penta sucks because not only do you have to shoot it, but you must manually detonate it.

However, once you perceive those components as the single price, it no longer matters. On top of that, it's still a weapon and its effects are fun (for some) to use.

My point?

That's the whole point of playing with tactics. You play smart - you know when to use what, and where. Limbo is full-on tactics, along with those warframes that use the powers you compared his with. If you don't know when/where/how to apply tactics, well that may be your problem.

Of course, those abilities that have a single effect with "no additional cost" will generally be better, but that's because of certainty - you know whether it'll hit or miss, and when it does hit, you know what will happen is what you want.

to say that these abilities suffer from that, which you call a "flaw", to me just screams "I don't want to have to rely on the chances of these conditions being in the right state for me to do what i want!!!".

Eclipse and Sleight of Hand are actually really great, fun powers to use. So is Venom.

With that said,

Trolling limbos do need to be looked at, I agree.

Now since limbo's powers rely on his OTHER powers rather than the local environment, perhaps his energy costs should be looked at and reduced further.

Or just make the rift's energy regen faster/more potent.