Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback On Archwing Mission Level And Map Design

Cemges

Ok, archwing is even better than I imagined and I love playing with it already, now I 'll place my feedback on existing levels and some of whatI personally would love for upcoming levels.

First, several issues;

Generally the maps are lacking geometry detail and even more notably texture resolution when the game is at ultra settings, asteroids surfaces, those that you can touch, are very low resolution. One point the warframe is standing in it's full sharpness and the asteroid just looks like the visuals aren't in coherence with each other. I don't know if this is my Gpu, but I was using a Gt650M at texture and geometry details set to high and resolution 1080p.

Another thing is that everything felt too static besides white lights that occur when you move around, but say, asteroids and whole map was all standing where they were, not like they were floating, there was no movement on bigger parts, I know that'd take probably a lot of computing power to do but otherwise a similar effect would be nice, if it could feel more like a floating space, trough some special effect that's tricking the eyes to think that or whatever. Maybe art and animation team could work on it so player never actually stopped but because ot doesn't move in reference to viewer camera, map could look like moving, etc. Because as I see charactet immediately stops on space when you want it to.

Now what I would like to see in future; existing maps mostly evolve around spaceships and debris, and all are beautiful but, like, I left wanting more too. I would love to see orokin void or dark sector or maybe derelict type of archwing missions that resolve around beautiful and pure design of orokin, negative coloured void space, or maybe again around the green and black atmoshpere of solar rails, maybe reclaimed nature of derelicts creating visual vistas to be explored could feel just as beautiful. I would love to do sabotage type missions in the "void" as we refer to the place towers are found. You know, like, exploration of depths of space, imagine the feel.

You are absolutely right with the staticness of things. It irks me we have this cool, giant asteroid field and nothings moving all Armageddon style. The main reason for this is time restraints though. I simply did not have enough time to make stuff moving. This is something I'd definitely want to look at bringin in for future additions and pimping the old ones as well.

You are absolutely right with the staticness of things. It irks me we have this cool, giant asteroid field and nothings moving all Armageddon style. The main reason for this is time restraints though. I simply did not have enough time to make stuff moving. This is something I'd definitely want to look at bringin in for future additions and pimping the old ones as well.

*screenshot*

YOU BETTER LIVE UP TO THIS.

Do you think Archwing will ever get a part in Invasion missions?

Have you guys been seeing the other issues with archwing like how the Uranus mission is nigh impossible or how we cant see mod, or maybe that interception missions should reward us with archwing mods not normal mods 

Edited by Zakharon

Please keep the movement to a minimum. The debris serves as landmarks/visual markers, and having it move around means you'll get lost easily.

Also, remember the rules of thermodynamics--objects in motion tend to stay in motion, objects at rest tend to stay at rest. Most space rocks that aren't actively zipping away IRL are just maintaining the location they stopped at.

While some of the stuff moving could be nice, I guess, the "where am I going?" being anything more than blindly following waypoints on the minimap is important. I mean, I kind of want to look at the cool "flying through space" thing, rather than "staring at the same old minimap from before".

I also agree with Llyssa on the subject: extra movement on the map is going to be disorienting. Archwing gameplay already involves lots of movement in a three dimensional space, which already is hell on one's ability to get their bearings. Having effects that have objects moving as suggested would be quite nice in theory, but be utterly chaotic in gameplay. There's a reason the dev team implemented a standard "Up" direction for the game, it was because it was too easy to get confused when players have nothing to synchronize their direction to.

I also agree with Llyssa on the subject: extra movement on the map is going to be disorienting. Archwing gameplay already involves lots of movement in a three dimensional space, which already is hell on one's ability to get their bearings. Having effects that have objects moving as suggested would be quite nice in theory, but be utterly chaotic in gameplay. There's a reason the dev team implemented a standard "Up" direction for the game, it was because it was too easy to get confused when players have nothing to synchronize their direction to.

Oh come on battlefront II had that and it didn't make it complicated. You should play it some time.

Please keep the movement to a minimum. The debris serves as landmarks/visual markers, and having it move around means you'll get lost easily.

Also, remember the rules of thermodynamics--objects in motion tend to stay in motion, objects at rest tend to stay at rest. Most space rocks that aren't actively zipping away IRL are just maintaining the location they stopped at.

While some of the stuff moving could be nice, I guess, the "where am I going?" being anything more than blindly following waypoints on the minimap is important. I mean, I kind of want to look at the cool "flying through space" thing, rather than "staring at the same old minimap from before".

The only problem with things not moving are the things moving around it. Have you seen how bad to the bone the big warhead from destroyer Archwing is? I wouldn't be surprised if most of the things going boom caused those rocks to move at least a little.

Oh come on battlefront II had that and it didn't make it complicated. You should play it some time.

True story. Infact I kinda want to see the archwing stuff to become more complicated I mean Archwing is literally on Par with Gundam Seed: Never Ending Tomorrow

, and Gundam: Encounter's in space
. Which BOTH have nearly identical movement systems to Archwing, but waaaaaay better. Infact Encounter in space DOES have confusing missions where the location is so massive its not even funny especially in the Versus mode playervs.player my gosh I flew into the atmosphere, and was trying to get away from the other player when I turned around to find them they were some where far far away I couldn't even get lock. We just both wandered aimlessly trying to find each other. It was hilarious though LOL, but most of the actual missions were usually set up in a manner where they either rail you to the location you NEED to be for the mission and then you free roam fly around doing random stuff(my gosh the mission where they had me pick up boxes, and load up a space ship, or build the solar ray was a pain with the whole don't bump into things, and move the stuff as fast as possible, or find the easiest route through all the junk moving around in your way.). Still the stuff they had me doing in the end was fun, and built up to something in the end especially in the make your own character mode.

Its not hell if your used to the concept already from... a VAST number of games that already exists such as the Gundam series. There is also a few more games like it coming out soon on STEAM which I am looking forward to. You can get used to it if you take your time, and practice. I practiced so hardcore at both those games no one, and I mean NO ONE could beat me. I knew all the tricks in combat to maneuver, evade, and keep a constant barrage of attacks on my enemies even when they were disoriented, or couldn't get a bearing on me as I would do special movements to break lock on throwing them off my trail entirely. Its not as hard as it looks, and is quite easy to master with time. If anything the Archwing on Warframe is child's play, and what it needs more of is versatility in movement at the evasion. If it could easily dash side to side more quicker, or go up, and down faster to evade incoming fire as easily as we do on foot Archwing could vastly improve, and with a constantly moving, and active environment things could get wild with vast movements dashing behind moving cover to get closer to, or away from enemy targets, and even to allow time to maneuver into a better combat position as it moves.

People arguing "you don't need fixed-point references to help navigate!"... and then showing videos of games with fixed-point references as examples. Wow.

You got it all wrong. I said an effect to help it look like floating, not like I said everything should move everywhere, it's just slowly moving and without accordance to each other, but so slow that map structure doesn't end up getting completely changed