Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing, Caelus Uranus

ranks21

This map is simply unplayable.  You wont last 1 round or even 1 minute with the current gear, mods and the amount of slots you have.

Enemies levels 27-29 is way  over powered for 4 players much less one. There is no escape from their tractor beams and they just 1 hit you and you're done, dead.

Gear is not strong neither fast enough to combat  at this level.  I've done a myriad of different mod combinations  with more frames that I would rather use and this makes no difference.

Players avoiding that map like the plague, or when I start one and they get downed, reviving someone is a big issue because even if 3 others are helping to revive one the whole team gets killed from the enemies who basically one shots you.

Any successful solo player who has made it to the end of round one I would like to know your frame and load out, because I've ran through 16 frames with all sorts of power, stamina duration, health, armor and shields maxed and it makes no difference even with the maxed arch wing + melee + gun with maxed mods.

The biggest problem is the Helions, which I absolutely despise. Here you have two variations, shielded and unshielded, so you have double the rockets coming at you with no warning.

People wanted a challenge; this is what they get. This game needs to stop making its difficulty out of how many enemies there are in a space, how much health they have and how much damage they do. If I wanted to play horde mode I'd just play Killing Floor, to be honest.

Edited by R34LM

They changed the accuracy also in the real game, now you have to use cover otherwise they kill you in an instant even if you parkour all over the place at 100mph.

Those nerf cryers and ''WF is too easy'' people are ruining the game for the ones who want to have fun. GG DE

Edited by Tr1ples1xer

+1 to this. I am not one to complain about a challenge but when assembling a team of high ranked archwings and weapons it is still too hard with current mods/weapons available.

Makes me want to beat it all the more but one downed player is game over for the whole team, reviving even with cover is a death sentence. Some balance required.

I solo'd it recently.  Forget pugs, that's happening for the time being but it scales down to manageable levels solo.  It's archwing, not godwing.  You need to run away, you need to focus the big boys from a distance, you need to use abilities a Lot.  Do these things and odds are you will be able to stay ahead of the grineer going from point to point.  In a group of 4 if everyone's just trying to kill everything they'll all get downed while points are being capped.  Don't do this.

You know the pain of farming Interception missions for Elytron, Corvas and Onorix? They should make the mods we get into Archwing mods from the rewards. On a side note, DE screwed up when they said they regret putting in Rank 10 mods, but then put more in thinking that no one would notice.

Those nerf cryers and ''WF is too easy'' people are ruining the game for the ones who want to have fun. GG DE

Pretty much.

Endgame here is just unforgiving enemies that don't even give you a chance unless you choose from the small pool of frames that allow you to survive by spamming abilities.

I solo'd it recently.  Forget pugs, that's happening for the time being but it scales down to manageable levels solo.  It's archwing, not godwing.  You need to run away, you need to focus the big boys from a distance, you need to use abilities a Lot.  Do these things and odds are you will be able to stay ahead of the grineer going from point to point.  In a group of 4 if everyone's just trying to kill everything they'll all get downed while points are being capped.  Don't do this.

Homing missiles.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this a 10 in terms of difficulty. Playing in anything other than solo is nearly impossible (got to 98% once...you can imagine how it felt). If you play solo then it is doable but very demanding and luck plays a part here.

I'm not sure if I like this kind of difficulty. The Swarm is unforgiving. Yes. However, it feels extremely cheap to the player.

As a rule of thumb, if the player feels cheated then this is a bad thing and changes should be made.

Git gud.

But no. Seriously, you need to poke and run. Remember that your archwing (if you're using the base one) has anti-missile defense and shielding. You have abilities. Use them.

That only works in certain situations, less so in Interceptions since you have to defend a fixed point. And enemies will surround you like flies/bees to honey.

Archwing is in such a raw state currently in terms of power scaling, mod acquisition, minimap and drop ID and on my part, scanning. I miss my Helios and scanning those enemies by hand is suicide. It's like DE only tested the Archwing mode on Earth and didn't consider/care about higher difficulties.

I hope they don't lower the difficulty.  Archwing is a big breath of fresh air and it's nice to have that rush of not being able to just kill everything instantly again.  Planning ahead and practice and skill actually factor into whether or not a mission is a success.  That's the way the game is supposed to be imo.

@willis936, now you know you're blatantly lying when you say you solo this particular map, if so do it again and post a screenshot of your achievements with your load out. Otherwise we all know you're just plain lying to look good. and last I checked no one is playing there or if they even start the map they never finished the first round, and I'm talking a team of 4.

I just did 12 rounds of the Earth intercept solo and last night I did 16 solo which was actually fun while leveling up my arch wing and the weapons. could've gone longer but hotfix was closing the map when I reached round 16 and only 2 mins before I would be forced to restart.

Edited by ranks21

Finished 3 rounds of that intercept. At 4th got stuck ~_~'
Go solo. Move fast. If you see any helion, spam 2, fly backwards and shoot.
If you get 3 points early, you can keep recapping faster than they do and win.
Magic trick is that this map with current gear is more running than fighting.

Rhino, Max shield, health, armor, shield regens, energy ammount. Archwing mods which i managed to get at Earth intercept

Edited by Vladokapuh

I hope they don't lower the difficulty.  Archwing is a big breath of fresh air and it's nice to have that rush of not being able to just kill everything instantly again.  Planning ahead and practice and skill actually factor into whether or not a mission is a success.  That's the way the game is supposed to be imo.

I dunno about the skill part cause the way I've been doing it requires practice, patience, and a bunch of energy restores and practically no skill at all. I'll agree with ya on solo being much easier then groups though. Now if I could only get RNGesus to bless me with a set of elytron wings so I can be done with that boring place that'd be the swellest.

Edited by Brontolith

Ran it multiple times... on Saturday when I first tried it w/ 4 friends at Extra Life we got owned is such short order we actually got mad at ourselves. By 7AM on sunday though we had a few successful runs under our belts.  By Monday afternoon I had run it with just me and one other guy, and I ran it several times last night. 

I'm running (all maxed) Elytron, Imperator, and Onorix,  and I will not lie - Thumper (Ability 3 on the Elytron) makes a world of difference - at Rank 3 a massive sphere of space just gets pounded with munitions and most of the little stuff like the Dreg's dies in short order. It's hard to get on target from a distance - but if you (and even better w/ another Elytron player) charge into the swarm and tap 3 twice in rapid succession you launch thumper and detonate it immediately, and your in the heart of the detonations.  It's a very effective tactic. Once your past the first big swarm the rest of the mission seems easier.  I'm not saying it's easy - i'm not bragging - just saying it's doable when you have the gear.

They changed the accuracy also in the real game, now you have to use cover otherwise they kill you in an instant even if you parkour all over the place at 100mph.

You can have a fun , withouth going 999 mph one shooting stuff and not feeling a reason to hide , well you can still go at 999 mph if you feel it , you can still one shoot's the ennemies or ignore them , all you need is team play , Volt & Trinity ever heard pretty sure not since you all you want is no brain game

Anyway back here , I went into true hell ,I guess , Did'nt expect that they was so strong , I guess we will have to wait a bit to go theire ,it's just like the limbo first quest ennemies are level 25 and you have to stay one round alive ,but when I was doing limbo quest my archwing gear was near to level 0/1 , in "uranus" I went with level 20+ gear but didn't matter , I think best team i got stay alive near to one min

This mission got 2 problems

1)hellions with stunlock and damage

2)enemy ai which bunch up and hunts player instead of trying to actively cap.

Limbo quest doesnt have that many hellions so its pretty doable but this is simply stupid, dont even bother trying without 50 consumables of each type

Edited by Davoodoo

Well the good news : blocking has become ultra useful

you guys keep forgetting one thing, not everyone else has the elytron. and the basic arch wing's speed isn't fast enough. and whatever mods you have that speeds or gives you turbo, take it off and play like the rest of the players who don't have that mod. as for frames pick the one you have with the lowest max shields and health and try to run it <<< talking for all the new players and not so new players here>>

personally I don't think youre  that good...