Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing, Caelus Uranus

ranks21

You can have a fun , withouth going 999 mph one shooting stuff and not feeling a reason to hide , well you can still go at 999 mph if you feel it , you can still one shoot's the ennemies or ignore them , all you need is team play , Volt & Trinity ever heard pretty sure not since you all you want is no brain game

Anyway back here , I went into true hell ,I guess , Did'nt expect that they was so strong , I guess we will have to wait a bit to go theire ,it's just like the limbo first quest ennemies are level 25 and you have to stay one round alive ,but when I was doing limbo quest my archwing gear was near to level 0/1 , in "uranus" I went with level 20+ gear but didn't matter , I think best team i got stay alive near to one min

Going fast is practically the only fun in the game. I want to spend time dodging, running around/flying around. What I don't want is a horde killing game. That is lame.

Frankly, the last thing this game needs is more horde killing endless grind.

I would much rather have people whine about how hard it is and have a decent challenge rather than have people whine about how easy it is and have the game unfulfilling.

The game is still as unfulfilling as it was before, in terms of content. It is almost no different from before. The only differences from before are the enemies are slightly harder to kill en masse (not a good thing, since it is largely do to the horrific clunkiness of the gunplay), and you're for all practical purposes flying... Yet still camping in one area, or making quick tracks from spot to spot... Just like before.

Huh.

Edited by Landwalrus

The game is still as unfulfilling as it was before, in terms of content. It is almost no different from before. The only differences from before are the enemies are slightly harder to kill en masse (not a good thing, since it is largely do to the horrific clunkiness of the gunplay), and you're for all practical purposes flying... Yet still camping in one area, or making quick tracks from spot to spot... Just like before.

Huh.

Double Whine!

You couldn't just edit your post?

Yeah...scanning Grineer enemies is a pain in the @$$, largely because you can't get too close without aggroing (the Stealth Scans being worth 2 is a big deal to me). The Corpus are easy though - go in solo and be cautious. Sneak and have your scanner out. You can get LOTS of stealth scans in there (going back to the comparison - you cannot get anywhere NEAR that close to Grineer enemies and get stealth scans. You'd have been sighted minutes ago ingame).

I went into Venus with a full box of scanners and no prior scans and came out with nearly every enemy that appears there maxed (I think I MIGHT have gotten them all but I'm not certain). Then I went to Jupiter and got the 3 new enemies there (Carrier, Locust Drones - those can die in a fire by the way, as far as scanning goes* - and Penta Rangers) in 2 runs. I'll have to max my stuff out before I go off to Neptune for the Gox and the Quanta Ranger.

*If you haven't gotten them yet, here's a trick: Try clearing a room except for 1 Carrier and then stay a solid distance away from it. Not TOO far but not right next to it. When they spawn the Locusts the drones will fly straight at you in a line, perfect for scanning...because once they start doing their "severed head of a Fusion Moa that can fly" skit they weave like they're drunk on oil or whatever robots drink. For survivability, roll as Odonota and keep your shield up. Keeps the Carrier's fire off you and you can just sit there with your scanner out ready to zap some Locusts. Remember to end the Locusts once scanned so they don't start swarming you with laser disco parties.

My top tip for scanning the Corpus, press 2.  The Odonata's Disarray ability stuns all Corpus allowing you to scan them at your leisure, even teh pesky Locusts.   Don't worry too much about scanning the Quanta Rangers.  They don't drop anything that you can't get from the other Rangers or Frigates.

I've been collecting scans.  I noticed something interesting about the hyperion thrusters drop mob.  It's the locust drone that the carriers bring out.  I'm thinking a good way to farm this mod is to get a group of four and have each person find their own carrier in a sabotage mission, clear out enemies around it, and just kill the locust drones as they come.  It's a little tedious but with 4 people you're probably looking at roughly 20 locust drone kills a minute.

Double Whine!

You couldn't just edit your post?

A) They address what are in essence different ideas. One primarily approaches it as nothing has changed, it is just the same thing we've had all along, which isn't necessarily good, while the other is just a personal opinion.

B) It isn't whining, and unless you have some sort of refutation or disagreement (in opinion) you care to elaborate on, I'd say avoid posting... Particularly if you just want to belittle others.

This mission is as normal as all others - don't even think about asking for nerfs. 

The only rule: Don't play with randoms. And use your archwing abilities - you got them for a reason. 

Be wary with your shield as it greatly decreases your max range, as a host you should only use odonata's shield as a last resort.

A) They address what are in essence different ideas. One primarily approaches it as nothing has changed, it is just the same thing we've had all along, which isn't necessarily good, while the other is just a personal opinion.

B) It isn't whining, and unless you have some sort of refutation or disagreement (in opinion) you care to elaborate on, I'd say avoid posting... Particularly if you just want to belittle others.

You speak of clunkiness of the gunplay, but what I don't understand is that the game has very simple gunplay for archwing. With the gun Imperator you simply point your weapon at the enemy and you will hit them, however Imperator suffers from damage fall off at 1000m, with that in mind, you can have one person distract the enemies, while the host sits in a central positions practically carrying the entire team.

It's really the easiest and simple gunplay to have ever existed, point and shoot that's all you have to do to kill enemies.

This is unfortunately the best method I can think of for a group scenario, as the biggest issue with the Archwing missions is the awful netcoding that causes enemies to not show up due to a client/host error.

Also is "belittling" the new "bullying"? Is this some sort of twitter thing?

Rather than complaining that something is too hard, people could instead spend that would be wasted time on getting better?

Rather than complaining that something is too hard, people could instead spend that would be wasted time on getting better?

How do you deal with five hellions spamming 1k DPS missile barrages? How does skill help you avoid that? There's no missile lock indication to know when to hammer your flares, space is 3d and thus it's impossible to have perfect situational awareness, and the missile barrages invariably proc explosive, which stunlocks you so the rest of the enemy can kill you?

In an exterminate you could use the terrain to hide and hit and run, but in interception you have to defend fixed points, so how is "skill" supposed to help with this game mode? Seriously?

Like, the only way I can figure out is to spam energy restores like crazy and then spam the flares every time you're in combat, but that's ridiculous and doesn't need skill at all, just nanospores to make the energy restores. :\

How do you deal with five hellions spamming 1k DPS missile barrages? How does skill help you avoid that? There's no missile lock indication to know when to hammer your flares, space is 3d and thus it's impossible to have perfect situational awareness, and the missile barrages invariably proc explosive, which stunlocks you so the rest of the enemy can kill you?

In an exterminate you could use the terrain to hide and hit and run, but in interception you have to defend fixed points, so how is "skill" supposed to help with this game mode? Seriously?

Like, the only way I can figure out is to spam energy restores like crazy and then spam the flares every time you're in combat, but that's ridiculous and doesn't need skill at all, just nanospores to make the energy restores. :\

Don't fight on the point, as for the damage issues, at 1600 armor you should be able to survive a few missle barrages. My biggest problem is when you get 10+ of them, you essentially get stun-locked.

That's why you have a good host who can shoot. Health Restores, and Team Heal Restores can keep you alive so long as you remain in control.

Being prepared for a fight is considered skill if you ask me. Remember the success of the run weighs largely on the host, once this changes I have no doubt that people will do much better in Caelus. After all one of the "invisible" mobs are a Dragyn type.

The problem is people keep on running into it with S#&$ mods.  If you don't have a handful of damage mods on your primary and at least a shield mod, don't bother.

Yea, its like playing Warframe for the fist time. Everything around you seemed strong until you got decent mods to go with.

Going fast is practically the only fun in the game. I want to spend time dodging, running around/flying around. What I don't want is a horde killing game. That is lame.

Frankly, the last thing this game needs is more horde killing endless grind.

This brings up a good point actually, they should add a gamemode where you're escaping from impossible odds moving fast and dodging around debree/asteroids. Basically just a race, but that would make no sense in Warframe lore which is why there should be some other excuse for a race like mode. Kind of like the dojo parkour room as well. Obviously a low low priority till they fix all other bugs/issues.

I dont think Uranus interception is meant to be a game of tag while other interceptions are horde modes.

Be wary with your shield as it greatly decreases your max range, as a host you should only use odonata's shield as a last resort.

You speak of clunkiness of the gunplay, but what I don't understand is that the game has very simple gunplay for archwing. With the gun Imperator you simply point your weapon at the enemy and you will hit them, however Imperator suffers from damage fall off at 1000m, with that in mind, you can have one person distract the enemies, while the host sits in a central positions practically carrying the entire team.

It's really the easiest and simple gunplay to have ever existed, point and shoot that's all you have to do to kill enemies.

This is unfortunately the best method I can think of for a group scenario, as the biggest issue with the Archwing missions is the awful netcoding that causes enemies to not show up due to a client/host error.

Also is "belittling" the new "bullying"? Is this some sort of twitter thing?

A) The gun play is clunky. To elaborate, it is not only uninteresting but it doesn't feel smooth let alone satisfying, as the guns don't generally appear to do a heck of a lot unless you're right up on your target, even after some decent modding... Furthermore, to accurately use it you must be sitting still, which is practically a step back from what this game initially sought to achieve. It needs to be fast paced & riveting, which is clearly the path they chosen over having a stealth based game, Archwing only hamming that one home. Gunplay isn't necessarily meant to be easy. It is meant to be immersive and worthwhile compared to the rest of the game's mechanics. It does not have to be simple, but there has to be a certain point where it fits into the playstyle. This issue is only compounded by altogether lackluster or weak abilities (Serious fine tuning necessary. Abilities actually have to work reliably, not just on spotty occasions), which has already been a recurring problem on warframe. Gun play is what makes or breaks game modes like this.

C)If you have to have one person carry an entire team, I can't imagine your game mode is a resounding success.

D)To belittle someone is to make their opinion or statement seem unimportant. Claiming someone's argument or statement to be mere whining is by all means a form of belittling. If you so choose to view that as bullying, go right ahead. That said and done, I am not here for banter.

E)It isn't even a complaint about it being hard I'm making here. It is more about the fact the game mode is weak, and feels poorly put together. It doesn't necessarily need to be made easier so much as it needs to actually be new, if not at least consistent with the rest of the game. We don't want bad content with clunky controls and seemingly lazy visuals.

Just to the players that are boasting that they can solo this and its easy with a good group, keep in very close mind that you and your groups make up maybe less than %10 of warframe, so I'm sorry but I don't want to get stuck on a mission that can literally one shot your frame I have maxed mods and maxed wings and its not worth the effort, it's just not. I don't care if its a skill thing this is an online game incorporating a large amount of people and I'm not spending one more cent on plat if the game turns into an elitist club house where you feel like you can dump on players that have less skill than you. I beat the mission I made it to wave four and I'm not playing it again until it gets adjusted, not worth the energy for a GRIND.

Oh sweet jeebus, the limbo theorum mission is just as bad.  Stop bashing your head against the wall and leave a slot open for someone who actually can kill stuff.  If you're getting 16 kills while other people are getting hundreds, you're probably not ready.  Go level up your archwing, grind for mods like everyone else and stop wasting peoples' time.

Edited by Aggh