Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Archwing! Impossible! Nobody Can Do This!

inks84

I think the archwing mission on Uranus is pretty much not doable.. I took a valk that's borderline maxed on armor health and shields an this was not enough! after the frustration with failure I sat an thought about the most ridiculously most overpowered way to challenge this. I took valk back to Uranus but this time I brought with me 50 energy and health restores. I used eletrons thumper (archwings 3rd skill) so many times as it has NO LIMIT that it blocked me from being able to see the skybox..so many purple explosions (my energy color) that my pretty decent computer cried out begging me to stop spawning more and IN the end it still wasn't enough! right before i was about to die warframe crashes from the mass of thumpers!   Uranus..full of crap. anyone that says they got to round 4 even is lying! this place is not playable.

Oh it is possible, just very, very difficult...

I've met a guy selling elytron parts he got from there. The trick is to avoid enemies altogether until the end of the round where you have to kill them, at which point you should only use ranged attacks.

Agreed thoguh, most enemies can one shot you and it is very, very difficult to kill a lot of things 

Edited by Somedude1000

I dunno man I did it with banshee and one other dude running frost and we got to wave 5.

If its any help, I think the consistency with enemy spawns is off. Sometimes I've had an intercept mission with hardly any enemies or ones that where easily to sneak around letting me take points without being hassled and other times I've seen endless amounts of enemies spawn and become hyper aggressive and actually smart (splitting up and attacking multiple points). Which is unusual for WFs current AI. never thought I'd ever call them "smart". 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I'm all for more difficulty in the game, but where there are only 2 missions for this gamemode, theres no real chance to get the mods you need to progress. The drop rate for archwing mods is pretty much non existent. Its like doing mercury to get a few mods, then jumping into T4 survival. Its pretty stupid quite frankly. Shame because I absolutely love Archwing, but this is stupid. Especially when you get stunlocked by damn missiles and don't even have enough time to get your shield up, let alone flares....

T4D is kitty play.. my valk is maxed rank 30. 7/10 vit 8/10 fiber 8/10 redirect vigor maxed.. i picked every mod that i could find that could help in archwing mission and yes i even have the health shield and armor mods for the archwing maxed. skill 2 does not work with them. if you played it enough you would know that kiting is the only way to prolong your life. Kestral9999 your comment is the only one i think may help ill have to test it though.

Update: no this is not doable honestly its worse. everything is on you and the numbers of temporal dregs on you makes it so you cant kite/flee

Edited by inks84

Best tactic i came up this far was to get 3 guys who acted as bait while last guy caps points, but even then we had unlucky spawn with only hellions and nothing could be done about it.

Enemies AI is borked, instead of capping they bunch up and hunt you, they only cap when they somehow get near tower.

Edited by Davoodoo

as ive said in the other thread on this.

Figure out how to archwing stats

get good mods (yes rng sucks)

get good with power use (dont use the missiles on odonada, they suck)

get a couple friends to run with you

Its suddenly quite easy

You do realise that at least two of the top-end rare mods literally only drop from that interception, and at least one of the elemental mods is locked behind transmute (and it's the electric one that actually gives you good damage typing, of course)

Edited by SolarDwagon

You do realise that at least two of the top-end rare mods literally only drop from that interception, and at least one of the elemental mods is locked behind transmute (and it's the electric one that actually gives you good damage typing, of course)

You can get by without that electric damage, though it would be quite nice. I'm hoping they fix that asap. As for the other mods that drop there you don't need them,  they just make it a lot easier

Some people say that its easy when you take load of health and energy restores and stay near tower and spam consumes with odonata's 4. Solo it might dont work, someone need to cap towers while other guy push off enemies. Didnt tried it, I have only argon plating mod + couple of weak Imperator mods.

Glad I found a thread pertaining to this. Honestly, I'm struggling getting mods (keep getting the same useless ones), as I was trying to do the Limbo Theorem, right? So SIX FREAKING TIMES, did I get face-tanked by the x100 spawn rate of mobs, them capturing all four towers within about 20 seconds, and my entire team getting either CTD'd (including myself twice).... and on the seventh time I attempted this my team and I were successful and....

NO LIMBO PART! Just a blank reward screen. Clearly everything is just broken for Interception missions. Even worse is the fact that enemies can astro/auto-cap from 100 miles away, even if you're floating right next to the tower itself, even in the center. It's pretty sad, and pretty unplayable when I can simply go to the Earth Interception mission and do battle like an overpowered Mobile Suit Gundam. I really hope they fix the bugs, and possibly lower the mob levels, because even getting MIRAGE wasn't this hard!

I don't understand the utility of a insanley hard mode. The Archiwing has great phisics and great potenstial but the devlopers must lowwer the dificulty or change the rulles of spawn for enemies. If not, this mod will be abandoned by the players.

It is far too difficult for the majority of warframe players, you can say its doable until you're blue in the face, but come on, have you tried to get WF players to listen and use a strategy? It just doesn't work and no one is powerful enough to use brute force on these enemies yet. I've done it with the kiting strat and made it to wave 4 but its annoying .. it's time consuming.. its not FUN, its a video game and this isn't fun, and no I'm not upset with a difficult game I play dark souls all day long.

I'm in two minds as to whether I would like this mission to be rebalanced. I know atm its difficulty makes it not really worth playing (unless u really want Elytron and must have it ASAP), although it is possible to do it even under equipped. The reason I'm not sure is I think its balanced around maxed out archwing mods and gear including potatoes, which I should eventually get (and I assume so will most others). When I reach that point it will be good fun to have an archwing mission that isn't just roflcurbstomped like the rest of the missions are.