Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Archwing! Impossible! Nobody Can Do This!

inks84

Come on, DE gotta eat somehow. This is new content, how many Elytrons any of you think would be sold if this mission was easier? Let them at least surf the wave for a while. It will be "fixed". Eventually.

Ps: besides, except for collection purposes, Elytron its not that great, it's just the hype of the moment, but i foresee a lot of threads in a not so distant future about:

"WHAT DE? I did all this mess just for a meh archwing?"
"This is NOT worth it, blah blah blah"
"< insert additional rant here >"

Most of the people I see fail this start swinging their melee into a group of bad guys, never look to see if there are missiles coming, get insta-gibbed (12 missiles WILL do that to any frame btw) and then scream when we can't get to them in time to revive through the 30 bad guys they so thoughtfully clustered together. Then they usually ragequit

I would guess that most people do not have their sound on loud enough to hear the tell missiles have been fired. I have played WoW enough to know that people will stand in fire, unless they have an onscreen pop-up telling them to move.

Edited by LazyKnight

Most of the people I see fail this start swinging their melee into a group of bad guys, never look to see if there are missiles coming, get insta-gibbed (12 missiles WILL do that to any frame btw) and then scream when we can't get to them in time to revive through the 30 bad guys they so thoughtfully clustered together. Then they usually ragequit

Not all do this, mind you. But at least 3/4 of the players I have seen in Grineer interception missions play that way. On lower levels it works. In the Uranus mission it doesn't.

Just this one minor point with what u said I disagree with (or I'm misreading), melee works in Uranus mission and is perfectly feasible. Ofc u can't just melee charge into a group of enemies and hack away like u say, but once u have an understanding of how the missiles move and how u should move its perfectly safe. On the subject of those missiles, too many people are making them sound more OP than they are, they have terrible turning and honestly u can fly through the barrages without a scratch, and once they're past u they don't have enough turning to loop and hit u (hint fly beside/below/above the missile barrage and not into it, hell more often than not just strafing is enough). For the people saying they got hit by those and there's no recovery time ... ur probably getting bombarded by Ogmas as well.

Except you don't really have to work out tactics in a T4 mission. 

This mission is not too difficult. It has some faults, one being that enemies are too fast(IMO) and that you get regular mods after completing a wave, but otherwise the mission and enemies themselves are fine. They are easy to kill once you're geared up, and the abilities you have at your disposal cannot be spammed infinitely because you may need it for different situations that doesn't necessarily include murdering every enemy on the map, unlike normal missions. 

This mission has elements that should've been present in normal gameplay, but thanks to insane power-creep normal gameplay has become so easy players can literally complete missions in a snooze. The enemies will kill you fast if you can't dodge properly. You don't literally have to RUN AWAY TO THE NEXT POINT(although that is viable), you just need to back off and get those pesky lasers off you so you can regain your shields. The rest are easily dodge-able. 

You are right about the power-creep and lack of proper tactical needs in  normal gameplay. Maybe I just need to cool down a little and rethink things.

You are right about the power-creep and lack of proper tactical needs in  normal gameplay. Maybe I just need to cool down a little and rethink things.

Warframe's powers negate the need for tactics in a good deal of situations.  It's not power-creep so much as DE gave Warframes too many ways to remove the NPCs ability to adequately fight back.  

The Archwings mission forces people to let go of their crutch (easy-mode powers), and this forces people to figure out how not to die. If nothing else, DE balanced the Archwings with more care than they did the normal Warframes.

Just this one minor point with what u said I disagree with (or I'm misreading), melee works in Uranus mission and is perfectly feasible. Ofc u can't just melee charge into a group of enemies and hack away like u say, but once u have an understanding of how the missiles move and how u should move its perfectly safe. On the subject of those missiles, too many people are making them sound more OP than they are, they have terrible turning and honestly u can fly through the barrages without a scratch, and once they're past u they don't have enough turning to loop and hit u (hint fly beside/below/above the missile barrage and not into it, hell more often than not just strafing is enough). For the people saying they got hit by those and there's no recovery time ... ur probably getting bombarded by Ogmas as well.

Yes, I use melee as well. AFTER the points have all been capped and I need to kill the remaining enemies. Usually 1 or 2 enemies at a time at absolute most.

But charging into groups in that interception mission is usually suicide until after the points have all been capped. The missiles ragdoll you and then EVERYTHING else int he area shoots you. Bang. You are dead.

I try to shift my fight path as I fly anyway. Generally in a spiral pattern. It's habit from back when I played X-Wing and it served me well in TIE Fighter and all the sequels.

People either don't SEE the missile barrage or don't bother to dodge or can't because they are stuck in melee animations. Any which way... CRUNCH.

That mission isn't easy, I will give you that. But I find it fun.

Edited by Kalenath

Honestly, I'd find the mission fun if it hit this level after a few waves. Not at the point it's required for content.

I know how to do the mission. I can even handle okay in PUGs. But the difficulty isn't real difficulty, it's stunlock mechanics which take agency away with no sensible recourse.

Finally, sometimes straight awful luck will get you, like the Hellion stuck in the rock that doesn't show on your HUD until you're 50m away, because you need to cap the point, and which of course kills you with no time to react because the blast proc triggers almost instantly so it can put the second and maybe even third volley straight into you. Not fun.

I think the archwing mission on Uranus is pretty much not doable.. I took a valk that's borderline maxed on armor health and shields an this was not enough! after the frustration with failure I sat an thought about the most ridiculously most overpowered way to challenge this. I took valk back to Uranus but this time I brought with me 50 energy and health restores. I used eletrons thumper (archwings 3rd skill) so many times as it has NO LIMIT that it blocked me from being able to see the skybox..so many purple explosions (my energy color) that my pretty decent computer cried out begging me to stop spawning more and IN the end it still wasn't enough! right before i was about to die warframe crashes from the mass of thumpers!   Uranus..full of crap. anyone that says they got to round 4 even is lying! this place is not playable.

1.Go solo. 2.Use rhino/valkyr/zephyr with maxed mods for shields, health, armor and shield regen. 3. Prepare energy and health restores. 4. Start mission with refilling energy 5. Capture undefended towers. Dont fight. 6. When capturing listen too grinners engine sounds. Start starfing around tower to avoid missles. 7.When you get in "conflict" use Odonatas "repel". When you get swarmed go for diffrent tower. 8. After round snipe enemies from distance one by one.

With this "fleeing" tactic I used 2energy, 1 health restore and no revives.

To be honest I have at least two of the parts from this; it is possible to do I've used small bits of advice people on this have posted. However... I'm still amazed at how many people are treating others like they're idiots for just expressing they have a tough time.

Exploits are not legit tactics

Whining about it being tough fixes next to nothing. (Hence why an earlier post I made had an organized listing of good and bad feedback types)

Believe it or not; I found people in PUGs who were willing to listen and adapt if you gave them a chance. And quite frankly I found them a few times.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SOLO. Sheez every time I made it to round 4 which is about four different times now. it was with 2 to 4 players.

Yeah it is tough; I enjoy it's challenge when I start doing well in it. Why? Because I'm a Mastery Rank 17 (Almost 18) Grandmaster Founder missing a small portion of mods one gun and and the Elytron and I got so tired of it being easy to go into any place and just mop an area in solo as Trinity or Valkyr (My two main frames.)

With this whole argumentative storm of people who just want to keep bickering with each other and the title of this post.... I don't even know if DE will take the time of day to read it, ANY of it...

And in the words of the Gene Wilder version of Willy Wonka... "GOOD DAY SIR!"

Was curious if there was a post about this already.  After having.. some rather unsuccessful runs in groups.   (not doing solo, cause have no need too)   Few things i have noticed...  Keep enemies in front of you, and to a distance seem to be keys.   (managed to solo defend a tower for 20% count doing this)   Other then that.  Grineer with lasers....  Haven't we done enough missions where we had to destory equipment to stop the grineer from getting energy weapons, that should I dunno.  have kept them from having them?   Sure. the fomorian ships, could have lasers,  given the fact.. that Hek has clearly made.. a few of them...  but those used massive power cores...

To be honest I have at least two of the parts from this; it is possible to do I've used small bits of advice people on this have posted. However... I'm still amazed at how many people are treating others like they're idiots for just expressing they have a tough time.

I am not arguing that the mission is tough. It is.

I AM saying it is not 'impossible' to win without using exploits. Because it is VERY possible either with a group or solo without using exploits. You just have to play smart.

Some people don't want a challenge. I get that.

I SINCERELY hope that DE does not listen to them.

Edited by Kalenath

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to point out that Caelus can be beatable and it can be broken at the same time.

I've been posting a lot about how I've been able to solo it, I've been in a couple of groups that could do it, and some of the ways in which we've accomplished that. But that doesn't change the fact that a single, common enemy being able to one-shot you with a single attack, is just plain broken.

I was in a group with someone the other day who was just an expert at this map. We were in a group and they were practically soloing it. It was pretty crazy watching them zip around, flying directly into the heart of the swarm, meleeing a bunch before escaping unscathed, and killing several point capture enemies on the move with their gun while the swarm tried to follow them out. And I still had to bail them out once, when a single hellion straggler snuck up from behind and downed them without warning.

The missiles are it (and to be honest, it's a problem with the enemy in any mission, Caelus is just the mission where it's the hardest to ignore). They're not challenging, they're just completely out of balance. The damage needs to be severely lowered, and the knockdown should be removed. There are other enemies that provide knockdown, let them do it. Charging into a swarm of a hundred guys alone should be suicide, because it's a swarm of a hundred guys, all contributing their damage and abilities. A single common enemy shouldn't be deadly, and they make the swarms utterly redundant. If anyone's doing that kind of damage combo, it should be the Ogma, nothing else.

Edited by Jokubas