Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uranus Archwing! Impossible! Nobody Can Do This!

inks84

think what you want, but this is the easiest if you solo with a properly ranked odonata, and focus on survival, not killing.

Keep this in mind: repel works like radial disarm and a knockback. It permanently disarms the enemies.

Rockets are annoying, but can be dodged. either continuously fly backwards whilst engaging some annoying chasers (the rockets are slow), or: fly towards them.They can't turn for jack, so if you go below them, you can quite easily dodge them. Like: really easily. Practice a bit, but it's really doable.

They also have a specific sound you can hear when they're fired, so if you're stationary and hear that sound: scoot it. just run in a direction (if it's towards the rockets, see above)

When you plan to do this mission, bring energy and health restores. personally I prefer Energy siphon as aura.

Go to the closest cap zones as quickly as you can, repelling away enemies (don't kill unless they're actively capping (red globe), to stop them from stalling your capping.

Repeat until the zone is capped, and move on. All the while: don't kill enemies, only disarm. This way the spawns stay limited.

Temporal dregs can temporarily get rid of by repelling, after which you can kill them easily.

But once more: the focus is on repelling and surviving. if you're severly outnumbered and risk losing a life, just run. There are some enemies which can hit you when you're running, but in general it's pretty doable to survive by running (and repelling buggers who stay really close).

Like this you can, if your gear is decent, get up to 8 rounds. personally I tried doing it with other people but that was just horrendous.

With this tactic I got my wings and system pretty easily, and last night I finally got the harness from wave 8, so now my elytron is building.

yes the quality is garbage, because I'm on my laptop atm and it just isn't good enough to run at higher settings.

6DkYgD7.jpg

Edited by Alighierian

The main problem I see in Pick Up Groups is people get caught up in fighting and ignore the capture points.

Cap THEN fight, THEN cap when one gets taken. Repel and Disarray are your best tools! Use them as often as you have energy.

Oh and Energy Restores, as many as you can have. Drop one every time you start to cap a point. Your team will LOVE you.

I have soloed to wave 4 on this three times so far. Defense IV, Survival IV and Wings. I need Systems so I will keep soloing until I get them.

There is no point in trying with a group who are just going to melee into missile swarms, die and ragequit.

(edit) Yes, the Hellions are a bit much, but entirely beatable if you know ANYTHING about evading missiles.

Edited by Kalenath

I know that DE didn't balance the map, and I doubt any of the DE_staff members can reliably get to wave 4 (let alone clear wave 1), even with cheating and giving themselves all the mods they would need. 

Clearing the mission simply requires an absurd level of consumables and other Ai exploiting behavior to win without relaying on luck. This type of game-play is great on an arcade game ( quarter eaters), and it seems like DE is trying to get people buying revives to get the Archwing's parts. I do not know if DE is trying to make the perceived value of buying it high, by making the mission so hard, but the way they went about doing it will only result in people rage quitting. 

They can't beat it without cheating themselves. I'm pretty much sure about it. I watched enough of the devstreams and Prime-times (also the ones with the other devs playing as guests) to know that they only have average gaming-skill and knowledge (in terms of efficiency) about their own game. I may be proven different about that at some point but I have yet to see it. They get downed way too often unnecessarily and they often tend to use the absurdest builds in their Warframes and Weapons making me scratch my head of how one is even able play with that for more than a few minutes.

That's one of the main problem I have found about their "balancing"-attitude in the overall game in general, not only Archwing. It is easy to design something in a developer build where they can give themselves pretty much everything they want due to commandline input. It's either that or they did not playtest stuff long enough to realize the problems within something and leave it to the players to find out, but with the problem that once something is released they can't take it back anymore and do major adjustments without p*ssing a part of the community off who starts to believe this is how things should be like.

But if they'd really have spent some hundred hours with playing the various Warframes or Weapons or mod combinations they'd already have realized what an unbalanced mess the entire game is and balanced stuff accordingly, but they haven't. This becomes especially noticable with Archwing:

The fact that they didn't balance the Warframe's unique defense capabilities out for Archwing just shows me that they haven't thought this gamemode through to well at all, because otherwise Rhino/Frost wouldn't be twice as durable as Banshee/Nyx/Ember while the later have no advantages to make up for their defense weaknesses.

But it's the attitude behind the whole thing that is ugly. They may even know Uranus is unforgivingly hard but they let it remain as it is for whatever reason. And that's when for me marketing/a business model kicks in most of the time. Maybe it is like that to make a quick buck of some impatient people who can't stand it and just buy the other Archwing with Plat. But who knows the exact reasons. It's surely not to give players a reasonable challenge because it is not at all.

... and yes I've beaten Uranus Interception with a good team a few days ago but only because we were abusing the lackluster AI behavior luring the enemies into all the random obstacles rendering them stuck all over the place so we got some room to breathe. At least battling seems to be useless because they respawn directly at the tower again so this achieves nothing.

Edited by MeduSalem

Oh no! How can DE even DARE to make mission that cannot be beaten on the first try with our superior gear! We may need to actually LEARN how to play the game! What a terrible thought!

Excuse me, but we don't need white-knighting. We're still playing the game and DE will defend themselves if they need to. We won't get anywhere with whiteknights.

Difficulty via bad design and difficulty via various interesting mechanics are two different things. You HAVE to see it.

Edited by Filas312

That's the problem. You do not tell a T4 Srv player that focus is on repelling and surviving. I it simply stupid. Oh hey, we released a new game mode, but you cannot kill anything. Just run as fast as you can and hope that you survive. It doesn't matter how modded your gun is, it just sucks, because they still kill you faster and easier.

EDIT: Oh hey, you can also make the enemies stuck behind obstacles! That's sure how the game needs to be played.

Edited by S3EK3R

That's the problem. You do not tell a T4 Srv player that focus is on repelling and surviving. I it simply stupid. Oh hey, we released a new game mode, but you cannot kill anything. Just run as fast as you can and hope that you survive. It doesn't matter how modded your gun is, it just sucks, because they still kill you faster and easier.

So EVERY SINGLE game mode has to be about raw DPS. Not fancy flying or tactics, just doing damage.

I see.

Funny thing... what is the mission objective? Kill stuff?

Edited by Kalenath

Exploits aren't tactics.

Using cover and LOS to break missile and tractor beam locks is an exploit. I see.

Evading missiles using LOS or dodging around asteroids and things is an exploit. I see.

Using hiding places to recharge MAY actually be an exploit. I don't know. Until and unless they fix it, I will keep using cover to hide from enemy fire. Silly I know. We should just take the missiles to the face and grit our teeth to win!

Exploiting the 5th capture point bug IS an exploit that I HOPE gets fixed soon.

Edited by Kalenath

Well, most people are talking about exploiting Repel, which we don't know if is supposed to work like that. Exploiting dumb AI, which has no other way to attack when disarmed is still exploiting.

Did I even mention dodging as an exploit? I didn't.

Using cover and LOS to break missile and tractor beam locks is an exploit. I see.

Evading missiles using LOS or dodging is an exploit. I see.

Using hiding places to recharge MAY actually be an exploit. I don't know. Until and unless they fix it, I will keep using cover to hide from enemy fire. Silly I know. We should just take the missiles to the face and grit our teeth to win!

Exploiting the 5th capture point bug IS an exploit that I HOPE gets fixed soon.

There's barely any cover. In T4 I can get into cover and pop out to kill the enemies then go back. In open space I cannot do that. Sure there are some meteors, but they are far away, thus damage drop off. Also, when I am in cover they cap the point, preventing any usefulness on my part. The only viable option is to hide, let them cap, repel and recap the point. Other than that the damage is almost non-existent towards them.

And stop telling me it's all about DPS. Do not presume how I play normal levels.

When you play a normal interception I guess you just run around and do not kill stuff. Yea.

Well, most people are talking about exploiting Repel, which we don't know if is supposed to work like that. Exploiting dumb AI, which has no other way to attack when disarmed is still exploiting.

Did I even mention dodging as an exploit? I didn't.

No, but your quote was of MY talking about using dodging and evasive tactics and you said...

Exploits aren't tactics.

So...

How was I supposed to take that?

Fancy flying is an EXPLOIT?

There's barely any cover. In T4 I can get into cover and pop out to kill the enemies then go back. In open space I cannot do that. Sure there are some meteors, but they are far away, thus damage drop off. Also, when I am in cover they cap the point, preventing any usefulness on my part. The only viable option is to hide, let them cap, repel and recap the point. Other than that the damage is almost non-existent towards them.

And stop telling me it's all about DPS. Do not presume how I play normal levels.

When you play a normal interception I guess you just run around and do not kill stuff. Yea.

AND YOU say that the mission does not matter. Just killing stuff that NEVER ENDS as long as the mission is continuing. Great for farming. Not so great for winning. Because while you are busy killing 1/3 of the enemies, the REST have capped all of the points. Enemies are endless until the counter reaches 100.

You play your way. I will play mine. Go right ahead. Keep meleeing into massed missile salvos if that is what you enjoy.

ALL I am saying is that the mission IS beatable if you have clue how to do it and have a reasonably well modded frame and Archwing. Even without exploits.

Edited by Kalenath

Oh no! How can DE even DARE to make mission that cannot be beaten on the first try with our superior gear! We may need to actually LEARN how to play the game! What a terrible thought!

Says the silver novice, it's not that it can't be beaten, it's that dying at least once in this mission is UNAVOIDABLE, even if you use Repel and use the flares there will still be one rocket ship that sneaks up on you, and if you're soloing there goes a revive.

Overall difficulty is fine, the missiles aren't balanced is what people are saying, that's like how would you like it if you automatically died by being hit by a corpus laser fence because it would be about the same situation.

Edited by Fenrir121

Stop bashing each other. It doesn't solve the problem that the mission is too hard for the average player.

It is even too hard for most of the veteran players who are fully geared up because of how some of the enemies are able to oneshot you given the chance while you nearly can't inflict any damage on the enemies because of how your archwing guns only take away a few pixels of their HP bar even with fully upgraded mods. At least it makes you sweat all over the keyboard if you try to stand it through to wave 4 and it makes them waste tons of restores and revives. That said if they are even able to get beyond wave 1.

If some of us ultra elitist bastards (I consider myself one in that terms because I played too many space shooters before) are able to beat it because we realized how to abuse the lackluster AI by just repelling them away for all eternity or getting them stuck in random obstacles then good for us.

But that doesn't mean that this is how the game mode should be like for majority of the playerbase. I've never seen so many people ragequit out of a mission until the Archwing Uranus Interception and that just tells me that isn't reasonably balanced at all.

Most players come online to shoot some stuff, having fun while doing it and not to play hide&seek with unforgivingly balanced enemies because then they could have played Dark Souls as well.

Edited by MeduSalem

Stop bashing each other. It doesn't solve the problem that the gamemode is too hard for the average player.

It is even too hard for most of the veteran players who are fully geared up because of how some of the enemies are able to oneshot you given the chance while you nearly can't inflict any damage on the enemies because of how your archwing guns only take away a few pixels of their HP bar even with fully upgraded mods. At least it makes you sweat all over the keyboard if you try to stand it through to wave 4 and it makes them waste tons of restores and revives. That said if they are even able to get beyond wave 1.

If some of us ultra elitist bastards (I consider myself one in that terms because I played too many space shooters before) are able beat it because we realized how to abuse the lackluster AI by just repelling them away for all eternity or getting them stuck in random obstacles then good for us.

But that doesn't mean that this is how the game mode should be like for majority of the playerbase. I've never seen so many people ragequit out of a gamemode until the Archwing Uranus Interception and that just tells me that isn't reasonably balanced at all.

Most players come on to shoot some stuff and not to play hide&seek with unforgivingly balanced enemies.

Alright, good point.

What irks me is how much of the game content can be brainlessly beaten with only 1 good gun instead of having challenges that require genuine thinking skills. A challenge is not supposed to be balanced, it only requires a solution. If a mission that cannot be brute forced directly has an obscure solution that requires me to outsmart the AI, I will call it a valid mission design. I do however agree it was probably not intentional in this case.

Edited by -skimmer-

No, but your quote was of MY talking about using dodging and evasive tactics and you said...

So...

How was I supposed to take that?

Fancy flying is an EXPLOIT?

AND YOU say that the mission does not matter. Just killing stuff that NEVER ENDS as long as the mission is continuing. Great for farming. Not so great for winning. Because while you are busy killing 1/3 of the enemies, the REST have capped all of the points. Enemies are endless until the counter reaches 100.

You play your way. I will play mine. Go right ahead. Keep meleeing into massed missile salvos if that is what you enjoy.

ALL I am saying is that the mission IS beatable if you have clue how to do it and have a reasonably well modded frame and Archwing. Even without exploits.

My idea of interception, which I use everywhere is that I am on the point, or atleast near it in cover, and use a gun to kill the ones who try to cap it. Not spamming repel 24/7 just to keep a point, because they can insta-kill me. Sure it is doable, but in a way that should not be necessary.

Go ahead and make more assumptions about my playstyle. I prefer the guns for Archwing.

Edited by S3EK3R

Go ahead and make more assumptions about my playstyle. I prefer the guns for Archwing.

Point...

Missed...

So YOU are the ONLY one allowed to make assumptions. I see.

Show me where I said spam Repel 24/7. Please do so.

FYI I use melee, guns AND powers.

What is more? I REALLY ENJOY beating it when people say it is impossible. I enjoy it even more doing it WITHOUT using cheap tactics or exploiting bugs.

Edited by Kalenath

EDIT: Oh hey, you can also make the enemies stuck behind obstacles! That's sure how the game needs to be played.

You can kill lots in this mission. It's not even difficult, just gear up. What makes it difficult is the insane spawn-rate of new enemy-waves, also the fact that they glue to you like... Well, glue. You can't outrun the enemies easily, and that's the biggest fault with the gamemode, you'll have a hard time giving yourself some breathing room. 

I am also going to blame questionable decisions made by players, because attempting a revive while being surrounded by a cluster of enemies with no back-up can only end well... Right? 

What is more? I REALLY ENJOY beating it when people say it is impossible. I enjoy it even more doing it WITHOUT using cheap tactics or exploiting bugs.

^

My thoughts into text format. 

Edited by TwiceDead

I have been playing this mission for the last couple of days, pretty much ignoring other content. ( Rng said no wings for me no matter how much I play :/ )

Mostly played solo where i don't really have many problems, can even farm the mobs to a degree during capture phase. Only because of bugs are there any issues, these force me into using the skill spam process to retain control.

Have also completed with pub groups, if ur lucky enough and get a group that can survive and understands they should make sure they hold all towers before fighting the enemy as well as know to disengage the enemy to capture towers then the mission is relatively simple. Any other group and ur currently screwed, mainly because the bugs do infact make it impossible.

I have come to the conclusion that this mission would be balanced if it wasn't for the bugs. It would even be able to be farmed/bruteforced, and as more archwing content gets released u would start being able to carry random groups a few waves like normal missions.

Bugs that need fixed: (In order of severity but really if only (1) gets fixed it will be enough)

(1)-
Enemies can start to contest a point that u have captured, then proceed to chase u to another point even several km away while still capturing the first point, essentially allowing it to cap one point and contest another. If u should kill that enemy to stop it from contesting the point then the beam will simply switch to another enemy that is closest to the point the first was attempting to capture, even happens sometimes when the next closest enemy is several km away from that point.

This is by far the biggest problem with the mission and what hinders farming/bruteforcing, especially when u factor in enemy speed. On group missions this can end up with enemies contesting 4 points at 1 time, solo it can end up with them contesting 3 (2 points u have captured and a point ur trying to capture/defend)

(2)-
There appears to be a memory leak sometimes when u start farming enemies resulting in the more u kill the worse it gets (encountered in solo only so far)

(3)-
Enemies can cap 2 points at a time plus travel much faster than u.

Ok not so much a bug, but do I need to explain why I think its a stupid idea? combine with (1) and it can turn into a major pain in the @$$.

(4).
Lack of proper radar and on screen pointers to enemies as well as reliable missile indicator.

Again not a bug, simply lack of basic features an open space type game should have - not a mission stopper or tbh completely needed but would make archwing missions a whole lot less hassle.

There are many more bugs ofc, but these are the ones i can think of that are making the mission seem harder than it is.

I don't have any real problem with the enemy strength, I fight mostly melee and if I die on this mission then its probably my fault, tho occasionally its just bad luck.

TL;DR
My personal conclusion after lots of playing is the problem with this mission is mainly the bugs plus maybe a lack of some features, fix those and the mission is simple. Also rng sucks, but nothing new there.

TL;DR

My personal conclusion after lots of playing is the problem with this mission is mainly the bugs plus maybe a lack of some features, fix those and the mission is simple. Also rng sucks, but nothing new there.

Good points.

The 'Capture a point while chasing you 2 km away from it' bug gets OLD.

The lack of incoming missile warnings is also not fun. ESPECIALLY when there are 4 Hellions firing 6 missiles per salvo, and 2 salvos every 30 seconds. OUCH. (There is a REASON I don't stop moving even when capping a point! You stop moving? You die.)

The memory leak I can also corroborate in solo mode. It got bad a few times. Had to stop playing and actually shut down my machine for a while.

And finally yes, RNG sucks. I FINALLY got Systems after 2 days and 20 solo tries. Now to build the thing and HOPE they fix the exhaust gas bug.

Edited by Kalenath

Stop bashing each other. It doesn't solve the problem that the mission is too hard for the average player.

It is even too hard for most of the veteran players

But that doesn't mean that this is how the game mode should be like for majority of the playerbase. I've never seen so many people ragequit out of a mission until the Archwing Uranus Interception and that just tells me that isn't reasonably balanced at all.

Most players come online to shoot some stuff, having fun while doing it and not to play hide&seek with unforgivingly balanced enemies because then they could have played Dark Souls as well.

^^

What he said - not fun for most of us - not balanced for most of us.

Point...

Missed...

So YOU are the ONLY one allowed to make assumptions. I see.

Show me where I said spam Repel 24/7. Please do so.

FYI I use melee, guns AND powers.

I never made assumptions against you. The part regarding Repel spam was pointed towards previous posters, who could say nothing else. And for my lack of proper expression I apologize.

Melee is very situational for me. I prefer to keep my distance from enemies in space for dodging reasons, and I find the gun mods to be lacking and rare.

I never said that it was impossible. I even mentioned that it is just too hard to do. Too hard for a star-chart mission. If I want to spend hours working out tactics just to complete a simple interception, I would play a T4 mission.

What you said about breathing room is my biggest concern. In every other mission I can regain my shields, etc and work out different tactics if my current one doesn't work.

I have a modded Imperator missing only the electric damage, yet the enemies kill me faster.

Edited by S3EK3R

I never made assumptions against you. The part regarding Repel spam was pointed towards previous posters, who could say nothing else. And for my lack of proper expression I apologize.

Melee is very situational for me. I prefer to keep my distance from enemies in space for dodging reasons, and I find the gun mods to be lacking and rare.

I never said that it was impossible. I even mentioned that it is just too hard to do. Too hard for a star-chart mission. If I want to spend hours working out tactics just to complete a simple interception, I would play a T4 mission.

What you said about breathing room is my biggest concern. In every other mission I can regain my shields, etc and work out different tactics if my current one doesn't work.

I have a modded Imperator missing only the electric damage, yet the enemies kill me faster.

Except you don't really have to work out tactics in a T4 mission. 

This mission is not too difficult. It has some faults, one being that enemies are too fast(IMO) and that you get regular mods after completing a wave, but otherwise the mission and enemies themselves are fine. They are easy to kill once you're geared up, and the abilities you have at your disposal cannot be spammed infinitely because you may need it for different situations that doesn't necessarily include murdering every enemy on the map, unlike normal missions. 

This mission has elements that should've been present in normal gameplay, but thanks to insane power-creep normal gameplay has become so easy players can literally complete missions in a snooze. The enemies will kill you fast if you can't dodge properly. You don't literally have to RUN AWAY TO THE NEXT POINT(although that is viable), you just need to back off and get those pesky lasers off you so you can regain your shields. The rest are easily dodge-able. 

Edited by TwiceDead

But dodging is an exploit, haven't you heard?

Silly people who have a clue how to EVADE missiles should NOT be ALLOWED to play space combat games after all.

Most of the people I see fail this start swinging their melee into a group of bad guys, never look to see if there are missiles coming, get insta-gibbed (12 missiles WILL do that to any frame btw) and then scream when we can't get to them in time to revive through the 30 bad guys they so thoughtfully clustered together. Then they usually ragequit

Not all do this, mind you. But at least 3/4 of the players I have seen in Grineer interception missions play that way. On lower levels it works. In the Uranus mission it doesn't.

Odd thing. The MISSION was to capture the points, not kill everything until AFTER the points count reaches 100. Or so I thought. Guess I am wrong.

Ah well... Enough.

@OP: It IS possible, but HIGHLY unlikely with a PUG since most of them I have seen in that mission seem to make Grineer look smart.

Missiles HURT like HELL. Yes, we know.

Enemies outrun maxxed Hyperion Thrusters. Yes we know.

Enemies cap from 2+Km away from a point. Yes we know.

But it is still feasible. I have done it solo and with groups. Some good, some bad. But the MOST IMPORTANT thing is not to get tunnel vision. if you do, you get blindsided. (I get it too) Communication helps, but a team with well modded gear and who know what to do helps too.

Even with that, I have lost games. It is a SERIOUS challenge, hence why I like it.

Edited by Kalenath