Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Planet Archwing

Sitchrea

Okay, so maybe a planet is not what I'm literally talking about, but the concept remains the same. Missions currently revolve around the planets and moons in our star system, as one can observe on the navigation chart. However one major celestial body has always been missing from our maps. What celestial body, you ask?

The Asteroid Belt.

One of the most notable "objects" in our system, and one that the Grineer are no doubt mining out for resources, has yet to even be mentioned in the game. Now of course the Asteroid Belt would be a dull place to play in Warframe - it would be nothing but Asteroid Base tilesets, right? ...Right?

Enter: Archwing

Archwing currently holds ~one node per planet, and some planets do not even have a node at all. Archwing has next to no personal area to call it's own, no place that the players recognize as "Archwing Territory." Perhaps if the Asteroid Belt was introduced to the Starchart it would be an Archwing-exclusive area.

We already have plenty of asteroids that the Grineer are mining out orbiting planets, but why not go to the grandaddy of all mining operations?

My one complaint is very nitpicky and has absolutely nothing to do with the viability of the idea. I'd love it if this happened, and it makes sense to me. +1

One complaint: "Region" is a better description of the asteroid belt than "celestial body." I'm sorry, I'm a pedantic jerk sometimes. :(

One complaint: "Region" is a better description of the asteroid belt than "celestial body." I'm sorry, I'm a pedantic jerk sometimes. :(

Well that's not a huge deal because we already have things like the Void which is also just a region that we've collected coordinates for. So something like an "Asteroid Belt" node of the starchart wouldn't be out of place.

Well that's not a huge deal because we already have things like the Void which is also just a region that we've collected coordinates for. So something like an "Asteroid Belt" node of the starchart wouldn't be out of place.

I agree:

My one complaint is very nitpicky and has absolutely nothing to do with the viability of the idea. I'd love it if this happened, and it makes sense to me. +1

Just correcting a term, that's all.