Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates Feedback By Einde : Let's Move Forward !

LascarCapable

Syndicates were just what I was the most hyped about when U15 was announced. At the end when it came out, I was still happy, but a bit disappoint. I think that there's some parts of the idea that could be pushed further. Yet the stuff available seems awesome and I just can't wait to see new content for the syndicates. I am still dreaming about the day I'll be able to get those weapon and warframe mods.

I'll start with the Reputation System :

First, I find that it's too bad that Sigils available with reputation points does not reward the user with more reputation points earned at the end of the mission. This would just mean that Sigils are a pointless investment until you reached the max rank available. Better Sigils should reward you more than that. I am not saying that it should give you a stat bonus... But it should at least make you able to earn reputation faster. After all, ranking up will ask you more and more reputation points to grab.

Second, I feel that there should be a way to earn reputation faster, but dependent of which Syndicate you're supporting. For exemple : when you're supporting Steel Meridian, you would be able to get more reputation by killing grineers (because Steel Meridian does not accept the injustice of the current Grineer Governement). If you're supporting Cephalon Suda, you would be able to earn more reputation if you open lockers (because the Sudas greets curiousness)... All Syndicates have a different story, a different personnality, I think we should personnify that bits of lore with some in game properties.

Let's now talk about the syndicates missions. As some of you may have noticed, you are greeted with three daily syndicate alerts when you are at the first rank of your Syndicates. I feel like it's just too low. I'd love to see in addition to the daily syndicate alerts some randomly generated syndicate alerts. I don't know if it's already the case though... Also, I think it's a pity that our Syndicate master does not replace the Lotus during those alerts. I'd just love to see that, but I guess that the staff already though about it and this should come later. Last, Syndicate alerts feel too close of the base alerts. I think that some objective changes based on the Syndicate's lore would be really nice. For exemple, Cephalon Suda does not tolerate destruction and is extremely curious about the universe : how about making some missions based on stealthly scanning some living beings, resulting in a mission failure if you kill something ? Just something that changes from the ordinary missions.

I should at the end talk about the other prizes that you may earn with the syndicates, but I barely unlocked a lot of things for now. So I should leave my feedback about that for (much) later.

At the end, I love the principle of Syndicates, but I really feel like there should be a lot of things to add to it. Syndicates brings a lot of lore to the game, it's a pity that it's not exploited further. However, I am hopeful about the syndicate system being improved sooner of later. It's a good start in my opinion, so let's move forward to something even nicer and funnier to complete.

Thanks for reading.

Points of Information!!!

1. Higher level sigils wee fixed in 15.0.? to give more reputation i believe, lemme go recheck the opatch notes and ask a friend who has been using the other sigils 

2. Agreed, special challenges = more varied gameplay, 

3. Agreed, it would add depth rather than have the repetitive feel you can get when playing alerts usually :/

Edited by Somedude1000

I think you summed up the major problems of the syndicates quite well, the sigil rewards are too low (which is widely accepted in the community already) and the missions are just old missions with new introduction dialogues and too low reputation rewards.

The mission type per syndicate also sounds nice, actually I though that spy alerts(gaining of information) were exlusive to suda when I played my first alert, but it seems like its global.

Syndicates were just what I was the most hyped about when U15 was announced. At the end when it came out, I was still happy, but a bit disappoint. I think that there's some parts of the idea that could be pushed further. Yet the stuff available seems awesome and I just can't wait to see new content for the syndicates. I am still dreaming about the day I'll be able to get those weapon and warframe mods.

I'll start with the Reputation System :

First, I find that it's too bad that Sigils available with reputation points does not reward the user with more reputation points earned at the end of the mission. This would just mean that Sigils are a pointless investment until you reached the max rank available. Better Sigils should reward you more than that. I am not saying that it should give you a stat bonus... But it should at least make you able to earn reputation faster. After all, ranking up will ask you more and more reputation points to grab.

Second, I feel that there should be a way to earn reputation faster, but dependent of which Syndicate you're supporting. For exemple : when you're supporting Steel Meridian, you would be able to get more reputation by killing grineers (because Steel Meridian does not accept the injustice of the current Grineer Governement). If you're supporting Cephalon Suda, you would be able to earn more reputation if you open lockers (because the Sudas greets curiousness)... All Syndicates have a different story, a different personnality, I think we should personnify that bits of lore with some in game properties.

Let's now talk about the syndicates missions. As some of you may have noticed, you are greeted with three daily syndicate alerts each day when you are at the first rank of your Syndicates. I feel like it's just too low. I'd love to see in addition to the daily syndicate alerts some randomly generated syndicate alerts. I don't know if it's already the case though... Also, I think it's a pity that our Syndicate master does not replace the Lotus during those alerts. I'd just love to see that, but I guess that the staff already though about it and this should come later. Last, Syndicate alerts feel too close of the base alerts. I think that some objective changes based on the Syndicate's lore would be really nice. For exemple, Cephalon Suda does not tolerate destruction and is extremely curious about the universe : how about making some missions based on stealthly scanning some living beings, resulting in a mission failure if you kill something ? Just something that changes from the ordinary missions.

I should at the end talk about the other prizes that you may earn with the syndicates, but I barely unlocked a lot of things for now. So I should leave my feedback about that for (much) later.

At the end, I love the principle of Syndicates, but I really feel like there should be a lot of things to add to it. Syndicates brings a lot of lore to the game, it's a pity that it's not exploited further. However, I am hopeful about the syndicate system being improved sooner of later. It's a good start in my opinion, so let's move forward to something even nicer and funnier to complete.

Thanks for reading.

Lets talk about these "Sacrifices"

zMAkCDU.jpg?1

Points of Information!!!

1. Higher level sigils wee fixed in 15.0.? to give more reputation i believe, lemme go recheck the opatch notes and ask a friend who has been using the other sigils 

2. Agreed, special challenges = more varied gameplay, 

3. Agreed, it would add depth rather than have the repetitive feel you can get when playing alerts usually :/

The only note I've seen regarding this in 15.0.5 could be:

"Fixed a crash related to purchases Syndicate favours."

I don't think that's what you're talking about, though. In 15.0.5, there's:

"Fixed an issue with Syndicate Standing/Reputation varying if you had fewer weapons in your loadout at end of mission."

Which isn't really what you're talking about either. I'd like to see some verification on this issue, though.

The rank up costs seem alright to me. The syndicates were meant to feel as though you were giving them something of value, something that otherwise you would use. I feel like the potatoes should be moved up, but definitely they should still be there. Prime parts are valued at less than a precious potato. I suppose that might be because I'm a veteran, however.

I agree, though, that sigils should increase reputation gain so that you don't have to farm the highest level mission you can find for hours to feel as though you're making progress. Maybe the huge reputation gain for interceptions and defenses on pluto should be toned down and sigils should net you some noticeable increases.

The disposition requirements should be increased as well, so that they will still take a substantial amount of time to achieve, but it won't feel like you're right where you started anymore because now when you do a standard mission, instead of giving you 50 reputation, you might recieve 500, making things on the first rank seem like they're easy to get and buyable on a whim. And to be honest, they should be. It shouldn't take 50 missions to farm rep for 5 mooks that I one-shot regularly.

Edited by Meatuchu

wow... you have to sacrifice items that are only obtainable through plat (or uncommon random alerts/1 out of 3 dev streams) for your syndicate. I bet the rank after that is a reactor, and the one after that is a 5 forma'd boltor prime.

I bet red veil will want my Ash next

Nice ideas, i agree with the idea of bonus reputation like Suda's locker opening, etc., and i can say i calculated a little for my idea.

If we can'thave this, then think about Mastery rank bonus, Syndicate system start at MR3 so someone who played a little and started it can farm reputation, while doing frame/weapon/etc. leveling or just grinding for the prime parts, what wanted. But what about the those, who have MR10+ or like me MR17 almost nothing to level up and grind for it. We need to farm the almost the same time as a syndicate starter, but we fight for reward, what we can spare with others.

This is my idea.

There is a "veteran endgamer" MR10 and a "beginner" MR3 and a mediocre MR7.

The veteran farm with 3 other people at hardcore missions and play an hour for like 2-4k reputation.

The beginner doing the missions an farming for an hour for like 1-2k reputation.

The mediocre doing void and farm for the missing parts for an hour and get like 1.5-3k reputation.

Now if the MR give a bonus reputation multipler like the better sigil, the veteran have a boost and can grind faster for the mods and can sparer it with others, the mediocre can do the same as the veteran, but a little slower. And the bginner can -> rank up+grind for items+etc. and can buy/trade the mods what the others offer.

This can't be an endgame like thing, because it start at MR3, so if we have the sigil bonus and its not working, what can we do? Grind hundreds of thousands reputations, what we spend for only ourselfs and grind again if we need something from another syndicate. And this is how we can't spare the sindicates offerings with others, who can't play that much, what we can and what we did.

Ok, supposing, the higher sigils give us higher reputation at the end of the mission, but with this conception, we earn a little more above the sigil.

Just try this: MR3 is the basic 0% bonus, MR7 give us 20% bonus [ (7-3)/2*10=20% -> overall 120% with standard sigil] and MR10 give us 35% bonus.

If this stack with working sigil bonuses, then its not so much difference, but i believe we earned it (almost don't have rank requirment weapons/frames/etc. http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Mastery_Rank).

We can buy a sigil for 2500 at rank1 not too hard to get, but if we spend it and we don't get boost o reputation gaining, why we buy anything before we max out and buy the mods, what we want?

Sigils at higher rank have much higher prices, and what we hear, they are not really working, or we just can't feel the difference.

After all: if the sigils fail to work or they don't want to give us booster with them, just take away the /2 from the formula and there is a 10%/rank bonus, what is still not so much.

wow... you have to sacrifice items that are only obtainable through plat (or uncommon random alerts/1 out of 3 dev streams) for your syndicate. I bet the rank after that is a reactor, and the one after that is a 5 forma'd boltor prime.

Actually, you can still grab orokin catalysts/reactors during alerts or operations, however I admit that this is kind of a huge price. That's why I am for moving it at an higher grade sacrifice. I heard about prime parts being the next step after the orokin catalyst one, and everyone may agree that prime parts are a tad bit easier to get for most of them.

-snip-

Well, I don't really see why MR should increase the amount of reputation earned, but I wouldn't mind that addition either. It's overall not a bad idea. However we have to be careful and be sure to not giving too much ways to earn reputation faster. The goal is still to ask players some days of work in order to get what they want, but just a bit faster and funnier. If everything could be obtained within a week, that wouldn't make a lot of sense : DE has to keep his players entertained after all. If we're doing it like this, I think that the Sigils should grant a better amount of supplementary reputation than the mastery rank, so for a better investment you would have to buy a Sigil, and not only counting on your MR. A + 35% bonus for MR10 seems a bit too much IMO.

Points of Information!!!

I can't remember seeing that information in the most recent hotfixes unfortunately. :/

Here, have my +1!

Take all my +1s! Awesome ideas dude :3

Gawd lawrd I love +1s ! OM NOM NOM NOM-

Thanks. :)

Well, I don't really see why MR should increase the amount of reputation earned, but I wouldn't mind that addition either. It's overall not a bad idea. However we have to be careful and be sure to not giving too much ways to earn reputation faster. The goal is still to ask players some days of work in order to get what they want, but just a bit faster and funnier. If everything could be obtained within a week, that wouldn't make a lot of sense : DE has to keep his players entertained after all. If we're doing it like this, I think that the Sigils should grant a better amount of supplementary reputation than the mastery rank, so for a better investment you would have to buy a Sigil, and not only counting on your MR. A + 35% bonus for MR10 seems a bit too much IMO.

I thought if i fight that much for the system, i can have a little more respect, than who just arrived. That's why i used the MR, but if the sigil work like this, that will be better and the 35% is just a quickly calculated number, what is really too much after i checked with my MR17 (70% bonus).

So if we don't use that thing, we need the sigil bonus for just moderated boost at the end.

Last thing is the week long farm only for the hardcores or those, who can play daily 2-3 hours? I play really much and after 900 hours of fight and 1000 more online time, i can say, grind for a prime part can be longer than a week, if you play only daily 2-3 hours and this grind will be much longer than a week. There is no RNG for drop, there is a fix price for a single mod, what can be earned within a week, but need to farm for 3-6 weeks to get it, depens on the team.

Just played for 463 reputation (with Affinity booster on, so its more than twice more than what my buddy get) on Ceres - Seimeni 37-47 Infestation -> 15 waves and 20min (at the end of the waves AI hovered in the distance).

So daily 5k reputation is not so hard, but 5k->22k->44k->more and more and we see a month farm for a single mod, what we want, then start again, if we dont want to pay/trade for the other mod, what we cant get from the friendly syndicate, just from an other, who is neutral or more for an opposite/enemy.

We need the bonus, but not that much, what i just see a post on reddit, but i can't find it where was this: "a top sigil give us 5 times more reputation" this is really too much, a single 2.5 times bonus is far enough to get 1 or more mod and you can have mods, what can you trade for those, what you need from another syndicate.

If we check with all sigil what you unlock on a level give you additional 50% bonus -> at rank1 150% reputation overall and you need to get more than 400% compared to the rank0 (initiate). Rank 2 give you 200% and you need 800% and so on.

Or cut to half the bonus, and 25% for every rank and the last rank we can get the 25k priced mod within a day or two and can farm more for mods to trade/sell/spare with mates.

Very good thread, was going to make one myself but you summed everything up brilliantly and probably better than I could've managed. Hopefully this gets DE's attention soon

Hope they won't ignore,that everyone hates the way you gain Reputation.

Because they are not stupid.

They have realised it by now.

Per aspera ad astra is not possible here.

I thought if i fight that much for the system, i can have a little more respect, than who just arrived. That's why i used the MR, but if the sigil work like this, that will be better and the 35% is just a quickly calculated number, what is really too much after i checked with my MR17 (70% bonus).

So if we don't use that thing, we need the sigil bonus for just moderated boost at the end.

Last thing is the week long farm only for the hardcores or those, who can play daily 2-3 hours? I play really much and after 900 hours of fight and 1000 more online time, i can say, grind for a prime part can be longer than a week, if you play only daily 2-3 hours and this grind will be much longer than a week. There is no RNG for drop, there is a fix price for a single mod, what can be earned within a week, but need to farm for 3-6 weeks to get it, depens on the team.

Just played for 463 reputation (with Affinity booster on, so its more than twice more than what my buddy get) on Ceres - Seimeni 37-47 Infestation -> 15 waves and 20min (at the end of the waves AI hovered in the distance).

So daily 5k reputation is not so hard, but 5k->22k->44k->more and more and we see a month farm for a single mod, what we want, then start again, if we dont want to pay/trade for the other mod, what we cant get from the friendly syndicate, just from an other, who is neutral or more for an opposite/enemy.

We need the bonus, but not that much, what i just see a post on reddit, but i can't find it where was this: "a top sigil give us 5 times more reputation" this is really too much, a single 2.5 times bonus is far enough to get 1 or more mod and you can have mods, what can you trade for those, what you need from another syndicate.

If we check with all sigil what you unlock on a level give you additional 50% bonus -> at rank1 150% reputation overall and you need to get more than 400% compared to the rank0 (initiate). Rank 2 give you 200% and you need 800% and so on.

Or cut to half the bonus, and 25% for every rank and the last rank we can get the 25k priced mod within a day or two and can farm more for mods to trade/sell/spare with mates.

Well, I guess we'll have a better look of how generously reputation points whould be awarded when the system will be older. A x5 bonus for the maximum rank sigil makes sense IMO, because hell, you're already at the final rank (so no more ranks to climb), you already did a very hard work, so imagine if you had to climb everything again from the start and no bonus ? Something like more than 150k reputation... I think you would fall dead on the ground. XD

Hope they won't ignore,that everyone hates the way you gain Reputation.

Because they are not stupid.

They have realised it by now.

Per aspera ad astra is not possible here.

Sure the system will be tweaked sooner or later. Meanwhile, DE needs his feedback. :p

I feel that in addition to Syndicate Alerts there should be Syndicate Mission Nodes on the Solar map.

In short make the Syndicate alerts great places for a nice big chunk of rep, while having mission nodes across the solar map which provide boosted rep income. Like Dark Sectors, only clans cannot fight over the nodes.

In length...

Syndicate Alerts should be something that the Syndicate needs your help with RIGHT NOW. That it is something that cannot wait. Like now they start when you hit Rank 1.

Example: Cephalon Suda had obtained reports of an ancient Orokin Library Datamass being discovered, but the ship transporting it is having reactor issues. She needs you to go in recover and extract that Datamass before the Ships' reactor core goes critical and destroys the datamass in the process. (Timed Recovery mission type)

Another example: Steel Meridian has a weapons plant that they use to the produce equipment they use to protect the colonies with and it has come under assault by Grineer forces. They need you to go in, fight off the attacking forces, and then hold the area and distract the Grineer as they relocate that equipment onto a ship to transport to one of their other bases. (Initially starts out as a modified rescue, you save Meridian forces, then it moves on to a timed survival without the life support issues)

Another possibility: Perrin Sequence has a ship with a very high value cargo on board and they need an escort for it, as the route it has to go through has had reports of pirate activity. Making it your job to hunt down the pirates and if need be land on the ship and repel any boarders that get through. (The idea should be an Archwing/On Foot dual type mission)

In addition to the Alerts there would be mission nodes across the solar map that feature Syndicate Mission types you can do whenever you want. They provide increased reputation gains. They are also available upon initiation.

Examples for Steel Meridian would be:

Colony Defense: A modified mobile/normal defense game type where you fight off invading enemy forces be they infested, Grineer, or Corpus. You fight alongside Meridian forces in the protection of the colony gates/energy walls as the civilians are being evacuated to emergency transports. Should the gates fall it falls upon you to protect the secondary and tertiary lines of defense, culminating into the last line of defense which is the emergency transports themselves.

Raid: Assist Meridian forces in ambushing an enemy attack force to prevent them from being able to assault the nearby colony, while stealing their supplies. This is supposed to be a high density extermination with a very high unit count (250+ enemies) and in addition to having to eliminate the enemies, you also need to assist the Meridian troops in stealing the contents of the supply stockpiles to set the enemy assault back in resources.

Infested Colony Recovery: Assist Meridian forces in cleansing the infestation from a colony they took over.

Each mission be in Alert or normal mission should have a Meridian Officer providing in-mission support.

This way you feel like you are actually a part of the syndicate and helping them with their affairs, letting you build up your own lore with the Syndicate. Be apart of the world of Warframe rather then just grinding it.

I feel that in addition to Syndicate Alerts there should be Syndicate Mission Nodes on the Solar map.

In short make the Syndicate alerts great places for a nice big chunk of rep, while having mission nodes across the solar map which provide boosted rep income. Like Dark Sectors, only clans cannot fight over the nodes.

In length...

Syndicate Alerts should be something that the Syndicate needs your help with RIGHT NOW. That it is something that cannot wait. Like now they start when you hit Rank 1.

Example: Cephalon Suda had obtained reports of an ancient Orokin Library Datamass being discovered, but the ship transporting it is having reactor issues. She needs you to go in recover and extract that Datamass before the Ships' reactor core goes critical and destroys the datamass in the process. (Timed Recovery mission type)

Another example: Steel Meridian has a weapons plant that they use to the produce equipment they use to protect the colonies with and it has come under assault by Grineer forces. They need you to go in, fight off the attacking forces, and then hold the area and distract the Grineer as they relocate that equipment onto a ship to transport to one of their other bases. (Initially starts out as a modified rescue, you save Meridian forces, then it moves on to a timed survival without the life support issues)

Another possibility: Perrin Sequence has a ship with a very high value cargo on board and they need an escort for it, as the route it has to go through has had reports of pirate activity. Making it your job to hunt down the pirates and if need be land on the ship and repel any boarders that get through. (The idea should be an Archwing/On Foot dual type mission)

In addition to the Alerts there would be mission nodes across the solar map that feature Syndicate Mission types you can do whenever you want. They provide increased reputation gains. They are also available upon initiation.

Examples for Steel Meridian would be:

Colony Defense: A modified mobile/normal defense game type where you fight off invading enemy forces be they infested, Grineer, or Corpus. You fight alongside Meridian forces in the protection of the colony gates/energy walls as the civilians are being evacuated to emergency transports. Should the gates fall it falls upon you to protect the secondary and tertiary lines of defense, culminating into the last line of defense which is the emergency transports themselves.

Raid: Assist Meridian forces in ambushing an enemy attack force to prevent them from being able to assault the nearby colony, while stealing their supplies. This is supposed to be a high density extermination with a very high unit count (250+ enemies) and in addition to having to eliminate the enemies, you also need to assist the Meridian troops in stealing the contents of the supply stockpiles to set the enemy assault back in resources.

Infested Colony Recovery: Assist Meridian forces in cleansing the infestation from a colony they took over.

Each mission be in Alert or normal mission should have a Meridian Officer providing in-mission support.

This way you feel like you are actually a part of the syndicate and helping them with their affairs, letting you build up your own lore with the Syndicate. Be apart of the world of Warframe rather then just grinding it.

There's some good ideas overall there.

Some ideas from other Tenno:

We should have to sacrifice resources like Orokin Cells and Argon, etc, to rank up. We should also be able to rank up with Platinum instead of resources if we so desire.

Work on those prices, or work on better rewards.
Adjusting prices would be easier, I imagine, its not like any of the existing rewards would break game balance even if you make them free...

When we pay to rank up, we should not lose our standing. We should keep points to allow instant reward after leveling.

Example: first grind to 5000, pay to rank up, then should be able to use 5000 on stuff or keep for next rank. We did just pay for rank afterall.

Should have option for "free" item to pay with reputation or ability to pay with credits. The cost can be huge ($200K+), but allow us to keep reputation.

Current rewards, none of them, are worth a mod slot. Perhaps in old system where we could remove skills slots and have stronger builds, but now we are limited and most end game builds look the same.

Example: Heavy Impact is a skill augmentation to Super Jump. How many people actually use it?

Perhaps we need an additional slot that can only accept skill Aug mods. You can put them anywhere, but this slot, like aura slots, can only be used for augmentation. Then it's a bonus and not a penalty.

Some type of bonus to syndicate tanking is needed or its just a long grind.

A few of my own suggestions:

-Instead of resetting rep entirely, let us keep 1/3 of rep made each time we rank up.

-Also, make the sacrifices for all the Syndicates equal and fair relative to each other.

-Lastly, remove the Catalysts and Reactors from the Sacrifices.  If anything is rare and nearly impossible to get without relying on infrequent very short invasions that give them, log in rewards (both with the ever unpredictable RNG), or special alerts.  There's no other way for getting them except for buying with bought plat, or trading someone for plat to buy them.

-If DE insists to keep these in there, only use catalysts.  Reactors are even more rare than catalysts, and I was rather surprised to see both New Loka and Perrin Sequence have them as a Sacrifice.

-Also, only put catalysts for the last or second 2nd to last rank up, as they are generally seen as more valuable than prime parts.

Edited by hijinks_the_turtle

I fully agree with the higher ranking sigils giving more Standing.
A efficient system would be with each tier of sigil it should increase by 100% of the base amount.

For example:
Rank 0: 200 standing.

Rank 1: 400

Rank 2: 600

Rank 3: 800

That being said, the original base standing should be increased slightly, where it be from 200 to 400 or 50 to 500. The current standing gain system is far too time consuming, and needs a small buff.

While it is a long-term goal set for players to collect enough standing I feel most of us would rather not several hours a day to rank up once or twice.